Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Fraggle Rock and Mo

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:55 am

Hah, shame about that and thanks for the tip and and glad you got a response :) I gotta be honest, I kinda remember the Spaceships a bit, not sure though. Them looked cool. Yeah, the Muppet babies were good too!

Great to know that and your little decision about your Christmas edition ;) I know, HBO was great years and years ago. I loved it when the had the Boxing, Me & My family wouldn't miss a day of it. They would have behinds the scenes of movies and all kinds of stuff, like so much these days, it is all so... :roll:

Thanks PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 am

The space ships were kind of fun because they were the replacement for the actual Happy Meal box. Kind of like the Halloween buckets. I miss those, too. And the stickers were inside so you had to decorate the ship yourself like an old school 80's toy.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:58 am

Huh, I still don't know, they look familiar but I do not recall getting any or seeing any ads about them whatsoever :? :?: Thanks for that one PB, that was really cool ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Blackstar & Bonuses

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:13 am

So here we go with the last of My Basement finds. This will be a special two-in one showcase as it will be feature some lesser known items from some famous franchises and 1 that will be of a very famous yet quite forgotten by many. This will be a very fun one indeed so let's get right to it shall we :?:

Burger King Thundercats Snarf Pencil Topper & Power Ring: Wow, so continuing My fast food toys, here we have is a special one I got from Burger King! I loved BK and their BK Kids Club (My fave time of them was 1990 when they had the TMNT VHS tapes but more on that in a future showcase when I get to My huge TMNT collection!) because they had some great stuff too, check out My BK Beetljuice I showcased for Halloween last year :blbat: This Snarf is of the iconic Thundercats cartoon series. In the pic is 2 of'em, I actually found more duplicates than that but in the pics is to show you the front and back of him. Along with him I found the other LJN Power Ring that light's up Lion-O's eyes (I showcased My entire vintage ThunderCats collection in a ginormous 2-part LJN showcase because it all meant so much to Me back then and I thought it was quite crucially imperative to bring it back because there is such little effort that people are doing in this pathetic, androgynous and hypocritical day & age we are in now) if you haven't seen it cause it's one of the best ones I have ever done :!:

Blue Gabara: He is a variant of the previously seen yellow version. He is a very small hand stamp made by Moon Monsters. I posted the whole history of the other variant for Halloween last year :blsm: He still has the Megalon icon underneath. I got him at My great Tru-Buy grocery store that went out of business about 30 years ago. He only appeared in the Showa era's Godzilla's Revenge. He was a vending machine exclusive where you put quarters in and it was only 25 cents a capsule! My Grandma got Me a ton of them and what a darn shame I misplaced them all :roll: :x This was kinda big deal back in the middles 80s because you had to either go to a special comic shop or Japan itself to obtain licensed Godzilla and other kaiju items because kaiju toys was really hard to come by in America. Once in a while a smaller store or even a larger department store would order some in but mostly they were bootlegs/knockoffs but sometimes companies like Imperial got the license to make Godzilla as I had showed while back with this topic in a great monster showcase earlier on :) Here is the pic of him with the yellow Gabara previously seen :!:

Oh man I was very surprised when I found My Chevy Blazer replica Fruit of the Loom special truck made by Majortte! They are a very underrated french die-cast metal toy car company of Simba that nobody ever talks about anymore. I believe My Mom got this for Me when I was very young at K-Mart but possibly Toy Chest, I really don't recall to be honest. It's still in great shape and the hood still opens & closes like it when she first got it for Me. Unfortunately I misplaced the horse trailer but this is good enough. In fact, the truck is still in decent shape and really is beautiful looking and this is coming from somebody who isn't a car person :!:

Here is Majorette's logo and make of the vehicle on the bottom of it, gosh I love looking for copyrights and info on figures and replica rides like this :bounce:

Here is a size comparison of My previously & recently seen great Cowboy from Tonka's Play People!

Ah ha! I was so euphoric when I found My two Skeleton Erasers! I was pleased they were still in decent shape as well. I loved these kinda things back then in the 80s where companies were creative, so creative as to even to make cool toys like that! Heck, Panosh Place made MOTU eraser figures too and I will showcase them in time :shock: I didn't use them as actual erasers mind you, I mean with something this rad why would you even consider it :?: I played with them and I loved to handle them because I loved how they felt not to mentioned how they looked and they were absolutely perfect and pure joy to display for Halloween :blww: I'm not sure where I got them, the list could be from ShowBiz Pizza Place, Target, Walgreens or even St. Louis Carnival Supply Company (wow that triggered a store memory there, I absolutely loved the TSCSC store, that is another great store to talk about at a later date!) but I cannot be for-certain at the moment. I was so grateful I found both of'em together only mere months ago :!:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, when you talk about euphoric, when I found My lonely Blackstar figure I was so beyond that :shock: I was like, there you are and how in the heck did you get down here :?:

If you don't know anything of the awesome but short lived Filmation animated show then CLICK here for it's Wikipedia Page! It was truly the precursor to their classic He-Man & She-Ra series and it's extremely underrated IMO.

So, the action figures was made by Galoob in 1983. This was one of their first major toy lines and they would make a lot of classic stuff, some I have already showcased and yet to showcase like their astounding WCW figures and their extremely fun Micro Machines! I only remember getting one figure and that is all I found. The character is Neptul: Lord of Aquaria! This is actually his second version as the second series in 1984 would have the "Laser Light" feature amongst the entire series. I believe I was with My Grandma & Mom when I got him at Toy Chest Unfortunately I misplaced his weapons and Alien Demon. He is in terrific shape however and still looks great!

His sculpting is fairly nice, Galoob really did great with their action figures and in fact I liked them as much as LJN. He looks like he was taken straight from the cartoon itself and made into a 3D actual miniature, I mean he looks really authentic. As always no matter how good things look or are, it's never good enough for the audience as it only ran for 1 season which IMO just sucks as it could have gone longer :x

Here is closeup of his horrific face but he looks really good. His action feature of his "Laser Light" no longer works. Notice the Copyright! I do dislike it when the cartoon/movie company is present but the actual maker of the figure is missing :roll: Even Mattel did that at times as recently at the 2000s with their DC figures :shock:

Here is Neptul compared with Mattel's MOTU Prince Adam and REMCO's DC Warrior Beasts' Skullman! Look at that amazing scale, it's a thing of beauty when you see it can all be together! I have previously showcased those figures as well, the Warrior Beasts was a great showcase of mine and Skullman is arguably the holy grail of all action figures of his type!

SPECIAL BONUS

Here is the 2 commercials of the toyline, it was so classic 80s!

SUPER SPECIAL BONUS!

Here is the actual cartoon intro & credits. Look at the excellence! It was similar like He-Man in many ways, but you gotta keep in mind, Blackstar was first in 1981 while the He-Man show was 1983!

Since I was just talking about He-Man and showed off My go-to guy Prince Adam once again, here is the wonderful intro and credits. You can watch them and compare the 2 animated series' if you like.

SPECIAL NOTES!

Shame Blackstar didn't last longer and still around the same time as He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, could you imagine how a crossover would have been? There's been custom pics & vids made over the years but nothing official :roll:

Long ago back when Mattel was making the MOUTC in the early 2010s and I was on the Matty Collector board during its heyday till it was all no more, Me along with many, many other members all wanted to them to get the rights to make Blackstar figures in scale to go with the MOTUC. This never happen as Mattel poor mouthed their way out of fans' demands. The same happen with others with the likes of Bravestarr, DC Warrior Beasts, Sun-Man and Defender of Planets...there was even more demand on He-Man.org for all of it especially Blackstar but Mattel was Mattel and that was that :roll: :x Because of their crude manner and questionable decisions, fans and collectors alike are forced to make customs and while there is some dandies out there from many of the almost forgotten properties there is still hope that maybe Super7 pull through and can give them all the justice that they deserve!

Wow, that concludes this and My finds down in the basement. I hope you have enjoy it all especially this one :) Now soon I will begin My original progression and showcase what I had in-store originally before I found all them classic and vintage goodies. There's gonna be a lot familiar stuff along with many surprises as well as showcases of stores plus much, much more of the 80s. It's still gonna be while in the 80s however but I'll get to the 90s soon enough. Well, that's it. It maybe a bit before I get to the next showcase here but I provided plenty of content over the last several weeks to last for the moment. In the mean time, you can check throughout this extraordinary topic on Mine as I'm sure there's a lot you may have missed or even wanna see over again and if your a novice to this topic, then i recommend you go back to the first page and see how it all begain because I began it with My most prized collection of Tonka's Willow figures and it get's better and better. Until the next showcase I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:06 pm

Wow, that light up Thudercats light! I'd completely forgotten about that but seeing it struck a memory. Cool.

I never got into Blackstarr. In fact, I didn't even know about the cartoon or the toys until many years later. I wonder had it continued if Filmation would've even done MOTU since they're so similar. May've been a completely different result had Blackstarr gone beyond one season, so who knows. You can definitely tell it's Filmation, though. That Skullman is another thing I wouldn't have even remembered or recalled the name, but seeing it immediately made me recall having him. So cool to see. Thanks for sharing. You're like a digital toy museum to my childhood, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:55 am

Yep, I might up My ThunderCats showcase from months ago a bit further, I'm not sure. I see why you didn't know Blackstar. Good question, I've wondered that Myself and yes, they were similar, that's why I posted the the 2 intros. I may revisit Blackstar in the future, we'll see.

I'm glad I reminded you of Skullman again. Thanks a lot PB, I appreciate that very, very much :D I try My best to excite, remind, inform and possibly even educate a little :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:01 pm

That's the same thing I try for with my TV and cartoon threads. Shame hardly anyone replies to our stuff. It's a labor of love (and boredom). I guess we aren't really much of a DC toy forum anymore, more wrestling, pop culture, and customs. Like Ive said before, I like seeing all your toys because I had many of the same ones and some of which I've forgotten about, so it's cool to remember the more obscure stuff.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:35 am

Huh, thanks PB. Yeah, everybody prefers to be a spectator than a poster and being part of something. Oh well, it's their choice for what ever reasons they have. I think its just between us ;) Yeah, but I still have 1 huge vintage DC showcase left, it's just takin' a long time plus a huge Marvel one that is the same deal. I'm gonna try to get them done soon. I'm very glad you like seeing My stuff and that it reminds you of good times :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Battle Beasts Spotl

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:24 pm

Now normally I present My collections of what I have on the shelves that are displayed or in storage, I love to show what I have...not what I USED TO HAVE :!: With this extremely special and quite unconventional showcase, I will present a collection that was once Mine. I have been thinkin' about posting this for many, many months as it was darn-right inevitable, just a bit sooner than what I originally thought but I believe it's best to make this at this very moment so it is done and dusted. Now I am not going into much detail here like usual because it's very personal. My Dad got Me a whole bunch of the little Battle Beasts figures by Hasbro. This was during a hard time when I was growing up. PB & AcidDragon already know this if others and spectators wanna know more then PLEASE go to My MOTU Spydor topic as I explain it THERE in the last post! I am NOT going to retell it HERE :!: There is a lot of great stuff there that I posted along the way that I thought was terrific including My awesome Big Lots Journey and My great time with Darthhink :)

If you had already seen that post earlier then you know why. After I left him, I left ALL of stuff and most of all My Battle Beasts with him and I have absolutely no clue what happen to them if him kept them for the future which I totally doubt...he probably just threw all of them away :cry: I have had this on My mind for a very long period time...basically decades with no answer :roll: :cry: :x

So moving on, these guys were released in 1987. He got Me them at our great local K-Mart (the same one I have mentioned, many times on the board). These figures were wonderful and came with little weapons and has a few POA. The variety of characters were good. This was truly an ultimate series of anthropomorphic warriors at it's finest, even before TMNT hit the toy isles in 1988 :shock:

Here is a few pics of them loose and on the card. NOTE: These pics came from eBay &amp; various places on the net, I just edited them. Credit goes to original sources.

Here is My fave character of the collection that I had, his name was Sawtooth Shark, I remember how much I loved him way back then. I just loved his skin and his face.

Here is a couple commercials of them to show how cool and fun they were.

That's it, now since that is out of the way, I will have a much better & funner showcase that will be back to My regular presentations. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Battle Beasts Spotl

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:43 pm

Yes, I remember owning quite a few of these guys including that shark, but it's been probably since 1987 that I've seen the packaging. I didn't even remember what they looked in box. Cool to see. I have a great nostalgia for many toys of mine lost to time as well. It's a shame, but at least you have a ton more from other lines.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions