Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Odds & Ends: Broadway Comics & Fatale!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Odds & Ends: Sleepstalker: Sandman's Last Rites Comic

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:31 am

So as I said in My last showcase when I presented the movie comic adaptation of The Dark that I have one more that is similar to that. Even though Halloween has been done for over 2 weeks already (can you believe it? Me & PB is the only ones here that provided content and even acknowledged it, darn shame about how lackluster it has been around here :roll: Anyway, this next comic has a similar story as to how I got it. I got it from Star Video, again like The Dark I do not recall if I got it for free or not. It was a promotional comic with a $2.20 value, Me & My Grandma saw the film in their brochure and We rented it in their new releases section and I got the comic. I showcased Star Video greatly recently here in My Odds & Ends in a much anticipated presentation called My Glory Days of Video Rentals. If you haven't seen it I seriously recommend that you do because it's one of Mt best showcases ever and shows you how wonderful those times were at least for Me as it was so cool to go to video rental places back then, this generation really has no clue how it was and what their missing/what they missed but I am quite thankful that I do :) This great comic that I have here to showcase is by Malibu Comics and the movie is by Osmosis Pictures...

and that movie is Sleepstalker: The Sandman's Last Rites :batwink: :smgasp: :wwshock: It came out in the great year of 1995 which it had some really radical scary times. Here is the Wikipedia page --->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepstalker

Here is the trailer & song of the film!!

Spoiler:

So if you read and saw all of that above or already know the film then you'll be accustomed to this fantastic looking comic. Here is the Front cover & Credits.

Here is a brief look at some of it's great Artwork :!: Like I have noted before, IMO the 90s had the best artwork in comics and some of the coolest stories you could ever get as well :batsmile:

Here is the Back Cover as it has stills from the film :blsm:

Compared to The Dark Comic that I just showcased, I feel it had a bit more with the behind the scenes picture but also like that one, Malibu has no ads here so they too went all the way without interrupting your spooky story-time :blww:

So there it is, My comic of 1995's Sleepstalker: The Sandman's Last Rites. I hope you liked this that coincided with My The Dark Comic. More great stuff to come in My Odds & Ends, until the next one I'll see you around :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:59 am

Whoa, these look cool. I never even heard of some of these comics. Do the stories still hold up?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:17 am

Really? Yes they do, I find them really fun even at this very moment. I posted the trailers of what The Sleepstalker is based from and the same thing with The Dark on the previous page. I have posted a ton before that too in this topic, only PB seems to have seen it so check it soon. Thanks for your reply Acid :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:59 pm

I'll have to check out the movie and the comic sometime! They look cool!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:13 am

Indeed and that's good. Oh I think you'll like'em. Thanks Acid, I appreciate it :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: FIREWORKS!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:39 am

So it's NEW YEAR'S DAY and I thought that it was apropos to showcase this which really is quite delayed in a way because last year (dang, can you believe 2022 is over and we're in a new year already...where the heck did the time go :? during the the 4th of July I showcased a flier from Phantom Fireworks that I got in the mail. I was thinking about doing something else but ultimately it wasn't the right time but come very early New Years's Eve Morning We came to a conclusion to use My old Fireworks for New Year's @ MIDNIGHT :o

Yes, that is some vintage logos you saw right there from Chu Feng Fireworks which I believe they are defunct. So how old are these Fireworks, well they had their 30th Anniversary last year in 2022 which was 1992 so their even older now :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: In My Phantom Fireworks Special I had expressed how I loved Fireworks and how they were basically illegal back in the 80s (still the same goes even to this very moment) and you'd have to go far out to get them. We only had 1 source to get them real close in the city of St. Louis and that was Judy's Superstore (I had showcased her greatly many times in My Vintage & Star Wars topics, she was the best & so wonderful, check out My showcases about her because she is one of My most special ones I think about all the time that was local and seems that everyone in My city forgot her & her American Caucasian husband but I am not letting that happen) and she would have them behind the counter and My Grandma & Me would ask her if she got'em in and in her nice Korean accent she says yes I do and all that and she knew I loved those Tanks :) By time the end of 1991 or so she was out of business and We didn't have any local store like her that We were personal with so We didn't know how'd We'd get those Fireworks for the Holiday of 1992. Come during that time My Grandparents knew of a place in Fenton & High Ridge that was really good. My Grandpa found an abused female Chihuahua at his bike shop he worked at for many years, he took her as his own and named her SiSi (Yes,Yes) and he was so close to her and within a couple weeks or so We were off to the place and he took her with Us as well. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. So after a half hour drive or so (back then in My childhood mind it seemed way longer) and We were there. I was amazed about how much they had in their tents. There was a man there that saw Our new little girl and he loved her and even wanted to buy her but no matter what My Grandpa wouldn't sell her for any price (My Grandpa was the greatest man I ever knew) and so We're looking around there some of the stuff is quite expensive (nothing like now, it's completely insane in this androgynous era) but they still spent a good number. We had fun when it was all said and done. That was really the last time we did Fireworks, things was changing for Us and so forth but fast forward all the way to the middle of 2022 when I found'em in the back room and New Year's Eve Morning here is what was left that We never used :batwink: They were in a big cardboard storage box originally inside a very large blank plastic bag. Within there, there was 2 Bags, 1 was a Jamesway one (they were a good chain of discount department stores but unfortunately they are out of business since 1995 and the other was a vintage Walgreens (look at that, it says "YOUR INTERCOM DRUG STORE", now that tells you RIGHT THERE that this is from the early 90s :shock:

Here is the goodies that was INSIDE :batwink:

Here is the box with some cool stuff...

Opening up this box seriously reminds Me of opening up a Japanese Kajiu Figure Set, I always loved that feeling :batwink:

I didn't use this Jumping Wheel, I'm saving for this year's July Fourth.

Same thing goes for this little beauty Peacock Fountain Fireworks however I did used some of the Glory Sparklers and of course you gotta use some Punks to light all this great stuff up with as well :batsmile:

I did a couple of these Four Seasons, they are so pretty to watch but dang they got such short wicks.

Ah, I used some of these Black Cat Rockets. The White versions has Color Stars and the Red Version has 2 reports which are My fave of the two. Look at that awesome big cat picture :batsmile:

Here is the Warnings on them which is always important to read them.

Now here is the Receipt but it's actually a mysterious one which I'll get to in a sec... :?

In a little wrapper lo and behold there was some Black Snakes within it. I attempted to light one but I didn't have the proper lighter to do'em plus it was getting late so I plan on using these guys for 4OJ as well.

Now here is the mysterious part of the Receipt as well as the Snakes. I believe I have come to the conclusion of almost certainty that these came from JUDY'S SUPERSTORE :o I mean look at the Receipt, it looks like a local shop would use it and look at those prices, there is no freggin' way that this came from that Fireworks Tent believe you Me and another factor of this situation is, it looks like it is from an Asian person perhaps from an Asian shop...ever eat Chinese Takeout and look at their receipt...that is KEY RIGHT THERE...Judy was Korean which is Asian...I believe that THESE old vintage babies are from JUDY'S SUPERSTORE...WOW, you don't know how crucial this is to Me :(

Everyone was fine & dandy that I used, I knew they would be. Here is My quote from PB's New Year's topic...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY :!: :) :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

I just got in the house not that long ago...it was EXHAUSTING but quite fun :shock: Believe it or not I still had Fireworks...yes I still had FIREWORKS but from when :? They were still from 1992 :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Oh yes, over 30 years ago LAST YEAR :!: They still worked marvelous and seems liked they graced with age. Before My finale I did My usual yelling up at the sky and over the neighborhood and yelled liked STING several times and then I did a hybrid of HHH & MICHAEL BUFFER saying are you ready a few times then I said GET READY TO S*CK IT AND GET READY TO RUMBLE IN THE NEW YEAR :batlol: :wwlol: :smsmh: I changed My voice of course and I was very, very LOUD :batwink:

Yep, they grace like fine Wine and with age they got better & better :batwink: :wwwink: :smsmile:

Ah so there is My Fireworks from Fenton & High Ridge Mo and a special bonus possibly but most likely even from Judy :) I hope you liked & enjoyed all of this and maybe even were a bit surprised. Like I said before, this topic is arguably My most important one. Next up will be some more great stuff coming soon in My Odds & Ends, until then I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:46 pm

Great collection and nice sleuthing work in the end there.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:39 am

Well thanks a lot Acid, I appreciate that very, very much :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:18 pm

Hmm, I would've been a little leery to blow off fireworks that were that old but glad they worked for you. I used to love snakes, but they're a pain in the butt to clean off your concrete--didn't really care about that when I was younger, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:46 am

Oh I was, don't think I wasn't. Yeah, you gotta get a brick or a big rock to do'em on cause when I was a youngster too I used to do it a lot and there would be all these black round marks on the sidewalk & the driveway. Thanks for your reply PB, more cool stuff coming soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions