Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Odds & Ends: BASEBALL P7: VHS SPECIAL!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Odds & Ends: BASEBALL P7: VHS SPECIAL!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:28 am

Okay, so here comes My seventh Baseball showcase comin' at ya :!: This one is all about classic VHS Tapes. I believe I got them all over at Dollar Tree but I cannot be certain of that however. Here's this two pack that I never opened so search Me why I never watched it :shock: It's of the MLB Unbelievable Plays & Bloopers :!:

It was by Orion Video and here's the 1995 Copyright :)

Here's MLB Prime 9: The Best in Major League Baseball. It features some of the best players during some of the best times Baseball history from 1st Basemen to Pitchers in a great lineup which are Mo Vaughn, Chuck Knoblauch, Ken Caminiti, Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, Barry Bonds, Albert Belle, Mike Piazza & Greg Maddux and is hosted by Ozzie Smith. I love how this VHS Box is as it has raised graphics and the pictures of the players is superb :)

Here's the VHS Tape and the 1997 Copyright...

and the Orion 1997 Copyright.

Now here's the most prized one of the three as I have MLB '98: The Record Breakers. I love this one. It features the unforgettable Home Run Race with Mark McGwire & Sammy Sosa, the incredible feats that Cal Ripken Jr. Barry Bonds & David Wells did as well as the amazing season of the New York Yankees plus much more. This VHS Box is great looking too, it shows you how remarkable the 1998 Baseball Season was :)

Here's the VHS Tape.

Here's the 1999 Copyrights so this VHS Tape has it's 25th Anniversary as I speak. As I always say, look for those Copyrights, Trademarks & Info on your collectibles regardless what they are. It will help you so much. I've always done this since I was a youngster :)

This Insert was inside of the Box of Blessid Union which I have no idea who they were then. I think they should have included something else like an Ad of more Baseball or at least another Sport but that's just Me.

So here's all three of My great Baseball VHS Tapes together...look at that classic 90s Baseball history :)

That will do it for now and I hope you liked this. Next up I'm going to go full fledged on starting the 99 Season of The St. Louis Cardinals which is going to be something else. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:54 pm

Mo Vaughn? No way. Jeff Bagwell. McGwire. John Olerud. There had to be better choices than bi fat Mo Vaughn. I'll always dislike Mo Vaugh. When he was with the Pawtucket Red Sox they came to Buffalo and back then I kept much more track of prospects and who was coming to play against the Bisons, and Mo Vaughn was a first round draft pick in 1989 and I always wanted to get the autographs of anyone who could be a future star. So I was one of many kids there that day leaning over the third base wall trying to get autographs and Mo Vaughn was walking around so we were calling out for him and he looked over and said, "Sorry, I have to go stretch" and then he proceeded to walk behind home plate and stood there talking to another player until they were getting ready for the ceremonial first pitch. I doubt that fat bastard ever stretched, lol. I always rooted against him from then on. That's one of two stories of "heartbreak" I tell about Bisons games as a kid. The other being when the Columbus Clippers (NY Yankess affiliate) were coming and Deion Sanders was playing with them and he got called up the same afternoon that I was going to the game that evening lol. I hope I haven't told those stories before, it gets hard to keep track.

Well, history repeated itself this past Tuesday. My oldest son is a big Blue Jays fan and the Bisons are currently the AAA affiliate, and his favorite players are Vlad Guerrero Jr and Bo Bichette. Well, Bo Bichette was down here on a rehab assignment for over a week, and the first home game they had while he was supposed to be down here was Tuesday, and we got tickets for his birthday and then the Blue Jays recalled Bo Bichette literally 50 minutes before the game started. Womp womp. He still had fun even though the game went 12 innings and ended pretty later. He got a ball from one of the players after the game, too.

I never really watched the old VHS tapes like that, but back in the ealry 90s I would always watch This Week in Baseball. Such good memories.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:20 am

Yes, it was a very questionable lineup to say the least. Gosh, I didn't know Mo Vaughn was a jerk :roll: Thanks for that trivia there :o, Yes, I know your son likes the Blue Jays, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. & Bo Bichette. If he hasn't already he needs to see their fathers and the great stuff that they did too :) Gosh, that was also some story there too :roll: Oh yes, This Week in Baseball was great :)

I got Autographs too from some Cardinals. We'll see about that one day. Also, My next showcase will have a little bit of their farm system & affiliates and this showcase will be a big one. Thanks for your reply PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:55 pm

Yes, Mo Vaugh was a tool, lmao.

I completely forgot to mention that Blessid Union of Souls ad. That brings back some memories. I worked at Penney's back then and there were a couple girls I kind of had crushes on at work but didn't have the nerve to ask out, and Light in Your Eyes was on the rotation of songs that played at Penneys daily and it became a bit of torch song for me in those lonely days. It's actually a pretty decent CD. but it was the one that came out before the advertised CD. It would've been 1997, my sophomore year of college.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:34 am

I'm glad you rethought/remembered about something else of My showcase because sometimes I wonder why stuff wasn't said about other great things I posted especially when I think heavy of it. Well, that's some good trivia there Packer and I'm glad that you recalled that from 1997, what a year that was. Boy, I think I would have asked one of'em out especially if it was a crush. If I didn't I'd still be thinking of what could have been I mean I still do from time to time with My girlfriends from long ago in school & so on.

I hope to post a big St. Louis Cardinals showcase soon that introduced 1999 within the/a week or so, so be looking for that in time. Thanks PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:30 am

There's a lot of times I think of things to mention while typing and then go off on some tangent and completely forget to even mention it. Like this, for example. Now about asking those girls out, well, there's a story there as well. I may've told it in passing previously, but maybe Ill go a little more in-depth over in the music thread since I was thinking of posting a few Blessid Union songs anyway, so follow me there...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions