Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Odds & Ends: Broadway Comics & Fatale!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Odds & Ends: BASEBALL P4: McDonalds!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:09 am

Well thanks for all of the info and stuff PB. Oh yeah, the Cardinals is such a great team. really has been since their incarnation. I'm glad you like the cardinals :) Ever since they got McGwire however it seemed like they would get at least one big name player every season like Jim Edmonds, Will Clark, Scott Rolen, Larry Walker etc. It was always so exciting back then when they'd make it to the playoffs especially in 2000.

Yes, Gilkey, I recall the moment when I met him & Pagnozzi when I was waking up from My coma as I said before. They were some of the first people I saw other than My family & nursers.

That's cool about Cooperstown. That's good. I hope they cherish your collection as much as you do :roll:

I sort of recall that about him and boats. Well that's good there about your cards. I have 2 other Jeff King Cards plus 2 cards of Jay Bell but those are part of My 2 major collections. I know you liked those cards in My Binder but those weren't My main ones. Those were My precursors that I got from a lot and various ways. I have 2 major complete ones of Upper Deck and Victory (even though their both Upper Deck) from 1999 all in one Binder and 1 huge complete one from 2002 by Topps that is in two binders. I'm not sure when I'll get to those, if I have time to do it after My Mark McGwire collection and before I showcase what I have in store for Halloween here I'll get to them, it will be a lot plus keep in Mind I got My other topics to do plus the others well. After My McGwire collection I have one more McDonald's that will lead into My Upper deck & Victory Sets because it was a special spinoff of it.

Thanks for your reply PB, I appreciate that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: BASEBALL P5: McGwire Collection!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:00 am

So here we go, this is arguably the ultimate part of this entire presentation of My Baseball Collection because this is My...

Mark McGwire is the man that truly got Me into the sport not to mention the Baseballs Season of 1998. First off here is this 1989 Leaf Donruss Baseball Card of him, My Mom got it for Me because she got a Me lot of Mark McGwire stuff for Christmas because she knew how much Loved him and she liked him too :)

Here's this great Wooden Stand-Up that My Mom got Me with a 91 Oakland A's Upper Deck Baseball Card :)

Here's more that she got Me, I love that Blue Card Plaque :)

I believe My Grandma got Me this from Avon. I wore the heck of of this beautiful Mark McGwire Watch for years until it broke but I never threw it away I mean why in the heck would I or anybody for that matter, this thing is priceless :!:

Here's these Pins that My Mom got Me :)

Now this is arguably My most prized of all, not only in My Baseball Collection but regardless of genre. My Mom got Me this absolutely special Upper Deck Chase for 62 Mark McGwire 30 Card Set. Like I said before, Upper Deck is My favorite just darn arguably the best. I love to look & feel these. Their still quite pristine and they are priceless to Me :)

Here's these tremendous Mark McGwire USPS Envelopes that she got Me too. When I saw what these were when I opened them up for Christmas, I was wowed, I never saw anything like these before, they're so great :)

Now here's this special stuff My Grandma got Me. Remember when they used have Newspaper Newsstands around the corner in your neighborhood :?: Well I always talk about how pathetic this day & age is and seeing the absence of these is only a small part of that :roll: Well one night Me & My Grandma were out I when I wanted to get some McGwire stuff which gosh I loved 98 :batwink: I saw this great looking Mark McGwire flyer on it at one St. Louis Post Dispatch Newsstand down the street and she got out of the car and took it and gave it to Me because she knew how much I wanted it :o She also got Me a Mark McGwire Baseball Weekly in a similar fashion as well. See how she was, I said before I got some more stories to tell about her and that's just one of'em :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Take a gander at these :)

I got these two great Baseball Weekly Papers of the 98 Home Run Race, look at that history :)

Here's this tiny Running Press Baseball Wit and Wisdom Book from Frank's Nursery & Crafts along with My tiny Quotable America that I showcased last year right here in My Odds & Ends Topic and I greatly showed Frank's Nursery & Crafts because they were such a great store. You can check out the whole great showcase plus Phantom Fireworks & Johnnie Brock's Dungeon for Halloween on Page 3 which Johnny Brock's has a huge history with the St. Louis Cardinals or just simply click here---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-20.html

Here's these two Magazines of GONE! I'm not sure why I got duplicates here :roll: I had to have the Mark McGwire Tribute to the King of Swing Magazine as well, gosh these are still so cool & wonderful :)

My Mom got Me these two Mark McGwire 70 Homer Runs Books which that 25th Anniversary was just this past Wednesday, the 27th :o Look at how rad these are :)

Here's these two Sports Illustrated Magazines I have...

Now before I got any further I must show this one in-depth because it's one of the most imperative of all because it dealt with the Home Run Race in such a visual capacity, I'm still wowed by it. If anybody ever wanted just one historic SIM for history I would say THIS IS IT, there's been nothing like it before nor since so let's take a closer look here :batwink: I love that cover and this picture of Mark and how he's smiling, it always looked so good and the one where he's batting the ball is great but the one where he looks exhausted against the wall with that great expression :)

Next is a bit of "Slammin" Sammy Sosa, the great looking Wrigley Field, fans who painted their-selves SOSA and we even see Greg Vaughn whom would become a Cardinal years later :o

Now here's a tremendous section. It's CGI graphics of Bush Stadium & Wrigley Field titled where they hit'em. This also shows the other Ball Parks they blasted those homers as well, it's so interesting :)

Here this Making his Mark Section.

Now this is My favorite part of the whole Magazine which just this section alone is worth the price of the publication because this is the major reason why I wanted this in the first place. It's a superb fold-out of EVER homer hit by "Big Mac" Mark McCwire & "Slammin" Sammy Sosa. Take a long gander at this, I've looked at this countless times since I got it 25 years ago this year and it's still as fun now as it was then, such pure historic fun :)

Here's the Last Page and how apropos it is that their both together like that :) The Back Cover is of Chevy ;)

I got this special CD at My local 7-11 down the street. They had it on the counter, I saw it and I had to get it even though I really knew nothing about it. It's titled The Ballad of Mark McGwire and it's performed by Zip and the Mersmen. It's all for charity for the MERS - Metropolitan Employee Rehabilitation :)

Now the lead is Zip Rzeppa, he's the guy in the background. I grew up watching him on the news for years. He was a top sportscaster and if you never seen him then you really missed one of the best of all-time. He's as sport-nutty as you can get. He's won tons of awards and to this day I've never seen a sportscaster as exciting, eccentric and as vocal as him. You seriously need to see him if you never have before because he was like no other ;)

So now I'm getting to the nitty gritty of things. Here's My clothing that I wore countless times when Me & Mom went to the Ballgames in 98 & 99. First off here's My regular St. Louis Cardinals T-Shirt. Now the highlighted STL is actually from a different Shirt which that is all it had on there and I've always felt it was such a waste of space and I really dislike that but the other was pretty good as it looked like how it should be :)

Now here's My prized Mark McGwire "Mac Zilla" T-Shirt. My Mom surprised Me one day when she came home from work at Sears in Crestwood. You can tell how much I wore it, the sweat stains wouldn't come out no matter how much We washed it but heck this is history and it's My History :)

She thought I'd really like it because Her, Me & My Grandparents all saw Godzilla 1998 together at the AMC Esquire together and she was right, I loved it :) Mark is a Kaiju Titan towering over St. Louis. It's such a pretty picture too because you see what was once Our beloved Bush Stadium, all those good buildings and of course the great ancient gorgeous Mississippi River & Illinois right there, look at that 1998 Copyright, gosh I loved this time, there's never been a time like before nor since :)

She also got Me a Mark McGwire Baseball Cap celebrating his 70th Home Run. I wore this like every time too and in fact I'm sure there wasn't a time I didn't ;)

Now notice I have two, really nice Pins on it. I believe My Grandma got Me them at Our Holly Hills Walgreens I've showcased many times previously :)

I absolutely adore the picture one of McGwire, I fell in love with it the moment I first saw it. His Jersey 25 Cardinals one is quite nice as well. These has been on here ever since I decided to put them on there 25 years or so ago :o

Here they are together, every time Me & My Mom went to the Cardinals Games I wore them, I was always dressed for the occasion for sure and looking back on this sure brings those great times back too. I know people throw things like this away, donate them and/or by other ways but really by doing that you are getting rid of your history & moments. I care about this stuff and that is something I will never, ever do :!: :)

So now here is My most prized item of this whole lot and in a minute you'll see why. Remember in Part 1 when I showed My 1992 St. Louis Cardinals 100th Anniversary Magazine and I said this...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Now KPLR Channel 11 was really the one to watch because they had such great fun stuff on. I've talked about it before how it was some of the most absolute exciting weeks for years because every Saturday Night they'd have Freddy's Nightmare's @ 10:00 PM, then Friday the 13th the Series at 11:00 PM and then The Three Stooges at 12:00 AM Midnight - 3:00 AM plus Monster & Kaiju movies :o Oh these were the times. We'd have the great cartoons during the week, wrestling on Saturday plus great horror shows. Unfortunately they took them off air around 1990/1991 but dang, I pity this generation to have not experienced this because it was such a great time to be a kid and I'm quite grateful that I did :) This channel was great. I have a very special St. Louis Cardinals Baseball VHS Tape that I had My Grandma get from them that I will showcase in time. They still exist right in Downtown St. Louis and they are now partners with Fox 2. I have always liked My local channels since I was a youngster :)

So here is it. KPLR Channel 11 which then in 1998 became WB 11 (notice the Logo difference) which they had a partnership with Warner Brothers and showed tons of WB & DC cartoons like Animaniacs & Batman and even cool classic comedy shows like Drew Carey. I saw this special on TV on their channel, it was called The Summer of 62 Special and I just loved how it was. I loved it so much I had My Grandma call them up because she was so good at getting things for Me because she had her ways ;) After she succeeded, a few days later I got a package in the mail that was addressed to Me :o I was quite euphoric when I saw it was from WB 11 and I've kept it in it's Envelope as it's still near in pristine condition in the same drawer with most of the Mark McGwire Collectibles you seen & read about above as I wanted to keep it safe & sound because it is so special to Me :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here's a close-up of the Shipping Label. I marked it off thru My Paint Program so My full name & address in concealed. Look at the beautiful WB 11, KPLR St. Louis Logo, seeing this is something else. Gosh they paid $3.00 shipping for this and I got this for FREE :o Look at their address being ACME Television :batshock: :wwwink: :smlol:

Now what this is was a special documentary about The 1998 Home Run Race that was made by KPLR WB 11 and it had tons of clips of the whole season and interviews with Mark McGwire plus much more. One thing I absolutely adored about it was that they made a custom video, basically it was like a Wrestler's Titan Tron Entrance Video and this being the great fun days of the Attitude Era it caught My attention immediately. They played the Guns n' Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" song because that was Mark's theme every time he'd come to the plate and I am quite thankful that I got see him do that and hear that song at the original Bush Stadium more times than I can count with My Mom :) It was so awesome and so was that custom music video that they made :) Here's the VHS Box with WB 11's Custom Summer of 62 Special Label on there. It looks like a blank Video Tape but they made it quick and it was just for Me :)

Here's another look at the whole set. Now on the VHS Box, they scratched off a previous label on there that read "Wonderful World of Disney" :? Now isn't that weird :shock: I'm probably the only person on this whole planet that has this. Like My Mark McGwire Stand-Ups that I showcased earlier on, I'm probably the only fan that wanted this stuff made and I truly have one of a kind items of this nature and really I very grateful for it :)

SIDE NOTE: In the mid to late 2000s they became the CW and rather recently joined with KTVI Fox 2 which on their shows you can see that they have the same logos & affiliations. I've loved Fox 2 as well because I used to watch all kinds of horror & sci-fi shows on it like The X-Files, stuff like WWE SmackDown and of course MLB Post Season & World Series Games. I've always liked My local channels ever since I was a youngster :batwink:

So that will conclude My Baseball Part 5: Mark McGwire Collection. Amazing that I showcased 5 Parts within a month so if your just now seeing this go to Page 11 where I posted Part 1 that was on September 2nd as today is October 2nd :shock: I have shone a ton of great stuff so far and really I can't believe that I posted all of this but I'm grateful for it all :) Now this isn't everything. I have some more items including a huge, life-size, 6 foot 5 Mark McGwire Nabisco Stand-Up that My Grandma made a deal for Me to have over at the old Loughborough Schnucks plus I wanted a gigantic 4 foot tall & wide, 15 pound Custom Newspaper Scrapbook that is incomplete :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: These are extremely hard to get to right now in My storage. If I can work things around maybe I can showcase them sometime in the future. Now this special McGwire Collection you just saw will be My last one for this season as Baseball Season is going in it's Post Season stage and Halloween is slowly approaching. Since next year marks the 25th Anniversary of 1999, plus years after it including 2000 & 2002, I plan on showing My other great Baseball Books, My second McDonald's McGwire Collection including a great Upper Deck Baseball Card Set that is actually a bonus spinoff of Upper Deck's MVP Card Series because most of this was so rad that I was collecting all of this in 1999 which again next year marks it's 25th anniversary. I have that entire 1999 Upper Deck MVP Set including all of the totally superb Chase Cards plus the entire 1999 Upper Deck Victory Set + Chase Cards as well. Also I have the absolutely ginormous, 2-binder set of Topps' 2002 Baseball Cards Set + Chase Cards :o I'll have a lot present next season and I hope you'll be really looking to see it ;) However, be looking soon in My great Video game Collection Topic because I will have a big showcase of all of My Baseball Video Games and don't forget, you can check out so much more great stuff that I've done prior in My cool fun Topics :) I hope you liked this Mark McGwire Collection of Mine that I showcased. Next will be some spooky themed stuff for Halloween and I hope you'll stick around to see what I have in store here next in My all-imperative Odds & Ends, until the next one, I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: Friday the 13th 2009 DVD!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:20 am

Today is Friday the 13th and this means I'm about to showcase a special one of...

So when I saw the previews of this new Friday the 13th movie on TV a while before it's release date of February, Friday the 13th, 2009 just a day before Valentine's Day I was quite excited even though it was a reboot. I really hate the fact their rebooting so much for this generation and them & you not to look to the past but sometimes I make exceptions of what I think is worthy. So a week later I went to the show because I knew it wasn't going to be there long cause these types of films never are. There was a only a handful of people there in the huge stadium seating auditorium. It was kinda spooky seeing it like that especially since it was very dark inside like a theater should be. This was the first ever FT13 film I ever saw on the big screen so it was a blast :batwink: I loved how dark & violent the film was and that there was some hot babes in it and that it was kinda sexual & nasty too and I loved that Jason Voorhees was the size of Kane which I really liked how he movies & his characteristics :!: I saw this film at My local Wehrenberg Theater It's in South County, St. Louis MO at Ronnie's Plaza an dit;s just down the street of the McDonald's of where I got My great Mark McGwire Photo-Balls I just recently showcased within the topic :shock: Its still one of the largest theaters in Missouri and really in the whole country. Even though Marcus took them over in late 2016, it is still known as Ronnies 20 Cine which I greatly showcased them on Page 3 here in My all crucial Odds & Ends. Here's a picture that I made over a decade ago of how it looked back then which I'm quite grateful that I can do this, I'm probably one of the only plebeians that is doing so ;)

When the DVD came out I had to get it and I got the Killer Cut edition :blaq: Here's the front & back of the DVD Case, it looks pretty darn cool and I really like that color scheme too :blmm:

Here's inside of the DVD Case with the DVD itself a long with a Digital Copy Insert :blhal:

Here's a close up of the DVD, really cool :blww:

Now this was still during a time when movies were really gritty and near the hardcore side. I've talked about it before and really I don't know if people really notice the certain years and how they change and affect time and the future. I know it sounds weird but ever since 2001 movies have been quite different and between that time & 2004 it seemed like they didn't know how they wanted to do them if they wanted them violent and bloody or just filled with CGI I mean they even made a Alien vs. Predator movie PG-13 :o Then came 2005 which this is the year when movies were taking a darker path, take SW EP3: ROTS for instance and I started noticing it and then for the rest of the decade till 2010 which come 2011 most movies were being filled with CGI and were PG-13 which the big bang of Social Media it really toned down society and making things seem so distant from the past thus creating the situation of this modern era we're in now :roll: Another way at looking at it is compare the wrestling Attitude Era to this concurring PG Era...there is no comparison :!: So check out movies by the years and compare them and all that, you'll see what I'm talking about. With that being said, here's a pic I made from the DVD Case. One of the babes in the film is America Olivo who's a singer and was very hot then but now you never hear anything about her like so many other great ones, it's like they just disappear off of the planet or they just become old news. I love the hard rated R there with all that listed. I mean this film has a couple in it in bed and the woman rides the man is a lengthy scene and no it's not like the tent sex scene in Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday that came out in 1993, 30 years ago this year where the gal get's sliced while riding her guy, no it's just a lengthy sex scene but see, during these years there was still stuff like and really 2005 - 2010 was really reminiscent of the 1980s and 2010 was like 1990. Now look how things are, women are less more desired, movies are just crammed with CGI and really I could go on :wwsmh: :batsmh: :smsmh: Now here's the 2009 New Line Cinema & Paramount Pictures Corporation Copyright and like I always say, those Copyrights are very important especially on yourAction Figures & Video Games, they can help you identify who made them and when :roll:

So that's it for this special Friday the 13th 2009 DVD showcase that is actually on Friday the 13th and I hope you liked it ;) I'll be showcasing more spooky stuff for Halloween soon, until the next one I'll see you around :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: Dark Horse Comics!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:12 am

So here we go, I was originally gong to post this last Halloween but didn't but I'm doing it now. This will be a showcase of My Dark Horse Comics from the 90s thru the early 2010s that I got during these years and at the end of the presentation I will have a special store feature that is a very important feature. Now I'm going to say that I love Alien & Predator but I do not have their first issues which boggles My mind why I never attempted to get them :roll: Dark Horse is arguably My favorite comic publisher company I mean they have so many great licenses more than anybody and their so colorful & exciting and like I said before, the 90s & 2000s had some of the all-time best comics for many reasons IMO. So without further delay let's get to this spooky stuff :blbat:

Here's My great Universal Monsters as I have Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy & The Creature from the Black Lagoon, they have such great covers :blww:

Here's My collection of The Thing from another World. I absolutely love these and they are some of the most craziest horror comics you could ever read. Now these are actually the sequel to John Carpenter's 1982 classic The Thing however the "from another World" is there in not only in part to pay homage to the original 1951 classic movie but also so comic collectors wouldn't get this confused with Marvel's The Thing. Here's the first 2 issues that is from 1991. The first one has some of the greatest art ever on the front cover IMO and it still stands out so darn well as I type this :blmm:

Now here's all four parts of The Thing: Climate of Fear that was issued in 1992.

Here's The Thing: Eternal Vows which has it's 30th Anniversary from 1993 this year and as well for next year too because it continued into 1994 and this one is really insane :o

Now they actually continued the series but it didn't get individual comics however as it shared with two other stories and if you didn't keep up with it and/or do your investigation about them then it was most likely you missed out on them. This The Thing Bonus is called The Thing: Questionable Research and it shared it's space with Alien & Predator and also with Dark Horse's own comic book character hero known as The Mark :!:

The next is the final The Thing: Questionable Research and it shares with Alien & Predator, The Mark & this one even has Star Wars Droids so you really got your money's worth here :batwink:

While The Thing's comics was over I got the bonus issue to finalize the Alien & Predator, The Mark & Star Wars Droids & More which is really cool :batsmile:

Now here's these. I know there's a lot of people that isn't fans of Dinosaurs but I have always been and always will be. I love the fact to know that there were such magnificent animals that ruled this Earth long before humans. So when I found out that Dark Horse made a series of Dinosaur Comics I was very excited and I got most of the line except Tribal Warfare...it's simply called such an apropos name...Age of Reptiles :o They came out in 1993, 30 years ago this years and The Hunt came out in 1996 and The Journey came out long after in 2009. Here's they're superb Front Covers :)

ImageImage

So now we'er going back to the Aliens Comics, the property that gave Dark Horse their rise to popularity. Here's Aliens Tribes which I got at Lone Star Comics and Alien: The Illustrated Story & Alien Salvation from Amazon.

Now I got these on eBay which is the great 2-Part Predator 2 Comics that is based from the excellent 1990 movie :)

Here's the Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator comic that entered Terminator as part of the AvP franchise :o Now Dark Horse crossed over with many other companies to have such great, unbelievable stories. First up is DC's Superman vs. The Terminator: Death to the Future, now that is so totally awesome :smwink:

Here's Predator vs. Tarzan at the Earth's Core & Predator vs. Judge Dredd. These are so darn awesome and downright nuts and it's amazing that they crossed over with E.R. Burroughs & IPC Media (Fleetway)
Rebellion Developments
:!: They are arguably My favorites of all My comics :o

Here's Superman vs. Aliens & Batman vs. Predator III: Blood Ties :blbat: :blsm:

Here's these two completely that are completely off the chart Mindhunter: Witchblade, The Darkness, Aliens & Predator and JLA Witchblade :wwwink: :batshock: :smgasp: Now Dark Horse crossed-over with Top Cow. Witchblade is extremely hot here and I just love the way these look, some of the best comic books ever made and I love that Wonder Woman is got the The Witchbalde :blww:

Now this is My last one that I from Amazon in about 2014. It's called Prometheus: Fire and Stone. It's a huge cross over that deals with the Engineers, Xenomorphs & Predators. It's about 300 pages and truly one of the most extraordinary comics ever printed mark My words on that :batwink:

STORES :!:

So here's Things from another World/TWFA. They are currently still in business and has exclusive deals with Dark Horse. I've gotten a lot from them including My previously seen Bela the Gypsy Sideshow 12" Universal Monster Figure and many of the comics you just saw above including the Universal Monsters & Crossovers plus some I have yet to showcase including some wonderful Star Wars as well :o Here's their Logo and a good gander of their shop :)

Here's Lone Star Comics aka mycomicshop.com. They are My favorite one and arguably the best one on the web. Their cheap, professional and pack your comics with care. I recommend them before I would anyone else ;)

Here's a recent look at their web page which really hasn't changed a bit which is good because I like it when things remain how they were back in the day ;) Also is a brief look at when you search for your items, I searched for The Thing & Age of Reptiles simply because those are the ones I was fortunate enough to obtain :)

So that will do it, I hope you liked this and maybe were surprised for this Halloween Season :blsm: I will have another special spooky presentation soon, until then I'll see you around :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: Amazing Stories VHS!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:12 am

So here we go with My showcase that I saved all year for this spooky Halloween season and its none other than...

Yes that's correct, Amazing Stories, the truly wonderful TV show from 1985 - 1987. This was during a time period like no other when there was tremendously fun TV shows like Freddy's Nightmares, Friday the 13th: The Series, Tales from the Darkside, Werewolf, Monsters, 80s Twilight Zone among many others but none was as magical as Amazing Stories. It had such great episodes and the music was so good by the likes of John Williams, Alan Silvestri & Danny Elfman. I mean coming off of the heels of ROTJ, Williams was again making these times great and is such a big example of why the decade was so exciting. So what I'm about to present is My Amazing Stories VHS that I got long ago :o This is Book 2 and has two of the best episodes of the entire series. The episodes are Go to the Head of the Class & Family Dog. This was huge for Me back in the day that both of these classics were on one fun VHS Tape. I just loved the former because it was so scary, starred Christopher Lloyd, it reminded Me of Back to the Future and it was even directed Robert Zemeckis who directed the franchise as well as the same composer Alan SIlvestri. The latter is a animated short that is designed by Tim Burton and the score is composed by Danny Elfman. Here's the front & back of the VHS Box Cover which I have always loved it's highly detailed graphics and the feel of it and really it's so fun looking at Vintage VHS Tapes like this :)

Here's the side of the Box as well as the VHS Tape itself :blbat: The label looks worn but that's the way I got it and it was brand new, I've taken very good care of this one ;)

Here's a close-up of the info & credits. Also notice the 1986, 1987 & 1991 Copyrights. Like I always say, it's very crucial to check them out on any kind of collectibles for not only when it was made but to identify who made it, this is something I have been doing since I was a youngster because I knew it could be important and I still do it all these years later and I hope there's other people doing this too :)

So that will do it for this one and I hope you liked it ;) Look for a huge Amazing Stories special in the Halloween Topics as I'll post all about them including the scores that you don't want to miss. We shall see what is next for My all imperative Odds & Ends, until the next showcase I'll see you around :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: Halloween Special - Scooby + More!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:37 am

Here we go with this special for Halloween and it will be quite the different one as you see a hint of My Logo below :blbat:

First off here's these Plastic Pumpkins that I always used for Halloween for the Trick or Treaters, they are very Vintage, possibly even older than I am :o We used them a lot for Halloween :blmm:

Here's My official Jason Voorhees Mask & Machete that I got at Walmart in the early 2000s late at night when I went with My Grandma Mimi & Auntie Wanda. It's so authentic :blaq:

Here's the Copyrights by Rubie's Costumes :blww:

I've talked about it & posted about it many times of how I used to dress up as Jason, babes in their cars honking at Me, scaring the kids and even frightening their parents and be the talk of the town. Well I retired this in 2013 and I would hope there's at least one kid that's grown up now or one of the parents/guardians that remembers Me and is like hey, remember that guy dressed up as Jason and acted like him very good that lived across the cemetery at the big house that scared us out of our wits :?: I would really like to think so :roll: Here's a picture of one of My times on Halloween being Jason with the same Mask & Machete seen above :blbat:

Here's these two Out of Candy Sorry Cardboard Signs that My Grandma MiMi made for Us when it was time for Me to quit after being out there for many hours ;)

Here's this really nice Halloween Bucket that I got at Jack in the Box down the street in 2002 :blhal:

Now here we go with some other Halloween themed items and stuff you may not expect to see here :blbaf:

Yes it's Scooby-Doo and I have a lot in store here. First up is a special VHS of the first five episode ever aired. I never opened it :o Here's the front & back of it.

I got this at My local Big Lots! in South Town where Venture used to be that I've showcased many times prior.

It was only $2.99, look at that Price Sticker, I love seeing that :) Look at the Copyright, it's 2002 and it was released to coincide with the live action film :batwink:

Speaking of the movie, here's the VHS, front, back, Tape & Insert :o

Here's a gander at the insert with a lot of coupons and check that game out, it's by THQ :o

Here's the Scholastic Movie Scrapbook. Whenever a big fun movie comes out I love to get these companion books :)

Here's this Movie Trading Card that I really don't recall how I got it but it's a nice one by Inkworks. Take a look at Velma, I liked how she was busty in this film I mean it was 2002 when women was still wow and men was interested :batwink:

While I'm not sure if I have the VHS, here's the ones to the fun sequel, Scooby-Doo: Monsters Unleashed.

Here they all are together :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:

Update 2/5/24!!!

So before I said if I found the other Scooby-Doo stuff I would update this and guess what :? I found two of'em the other day and I believe this will complete this showcase as this is all that I found so let's get to this special update :batwink:

So I knew I had the sequel Scooby-Do 2: Monsters Unleashed...it was hidden in My case and the way I got it no wonder why I missed it before but here it is. I got this at My usual Holly Hills Blockbuster Video seen previously. Here's the front, back & side of the VHS Box/Sleeve which this is very nice looking. Notice the Sticker, I paid $7.99 for this which wasn't a bad deal at all especially for a new movie at the time. Really that was the best way to do it IMO :)

Here's the 2004 Copyright which this year marks it's 20th Anniversary which it seems weird that I found it now than last year...so strangely apropos :shock:

Here's the Blockbuster Sticker which you see I got this on 10/24/04, My Grandpa had already been gone a year on this date but I try to took at it like hey, they put this for sale for Halloween Time :blbat: :blww: :blsm: Also look at the great Blockbuster "Remember to Rewind" Sticker on there...so cool :)

So I also found in My other storage case the DVD of Scooby-Doo. It's pretty cool looking :batwink:

It's the old kind that is of a thin cardboard. While this kind is really nice looking, it's not as thick as the standard DVD Case which isn't good if you want your Disc to be protected.

Here's a close-up of the DVD...

and the 2002 Copyright :)

WE'RE ALL TOGETHER NOW GALLERY :!:

The Scooby- Doo 1 Collection :batwink:

Here's all of the Scooby-Doo 2 Collection together ;)

Here's all of Scooby-Doo 1 & 2 VHS together :)

Here' s the Scooby-Doo Movie Books...

and all of'em together at last :blww: :blbat: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:

Now moving on to some miscellaneous stuff, here's a little Pumpkin Maze Game that Me & My Grandma MiMi got out at one of the Vending Machines at the old Loughborough Schnucks :blsm:

So when Me & My Mom was at the Wehrenberg Ronnie's 20 Cine, We were at the diner eating a great meal there in early 2010 as We were either anticipating to go see Iron Man 2 on the IMAX screen or the regular showing of Robin Hood. Here's My receipt for Ridley Scott's Robin Hood :blhal:

There was a couple guys that was handing out flyers and gave Us a couple of'em. Well I wasn't interested in them but I thought they were neat looking so I kept'em. They are both identical with double sides. They are called Con-Tamination by Dyer Straights Productions was held April 30 - May 2, 2010 at the Holiday Inn Viking in Downtown St. Louis which you can see the building like in most if not all pictures of the original and as well as the new Bush Stadium. It's really an iconic place and one of the most famous places in the entire country. This was held as St. Louis' first Horror, Sci-Fi & Pop Culture Convention. It's really cleverly done with the first picture looking like from WW1 and the other looking like days of the apocalypse. I love how on the latter you see Downtown St. Louis & The Arch reflecting in his goggles, such a radical nice touch if I do say so Myself :blbat:

So now here's this little Halloween Express Card that I got but honestly I cannot recall how I got it :? I kept it because it was cool looking. Here's the front of it.

Here's the back of it with a few locations that was in My area. The one that says on Lindbergh across from Ronnie's 20 Cine is out of business thanks to the P!amDemic :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Now the special thing about this is that the offer expired on 10/31/13 which is 10 years ago this year :blbat:

Here's where Halloween Express used to be. I always looked at it when We'd be on the highway. :)

It's now a Prom & Beyond and Mattress Firm :roll: This is actually the same area that I showcased greatly a while back here in My all crucial Odds & Ends plus in My Vintage Action Figure & Marvel Topics. Look to the right, that's where Toy Chest used to be and Toys "R" Us was across the street. I'm sure very few people now know how fun that region was back then, if it wasn't for dying breeds like Me that is trying not to let this fall to oblivion then it would be so different I'm afraid but I'm glad I know how it was :)

Now here we go with a special River Front Times/RFT clipping that I saved from 2016. It has a lot cool stuff such as special events like symphonies.

Here's a cool one of Dr. Strange when it was being really hyped up.

However, the event that caught My eye was the big breasted zombie babe I mean I was pretty wowed when I first saw her :batshock: :smgasp: This was a special at the Halloween Haunt which is a horror place show in St. Louis. It's called Layers of Insanity and it was by Action Point Entertainment about Dr. Furness and his first victim which was his hot wife returning from the dead in a maze of challenges. This event ran from October 26 - November 1, 2016. Now this grotesque beauty has got some good large shaped boobs there and surely I wasn't the only guy that noticed her then :blbat: :blsm:

Last but certainly not least is My Domino's Pizza UFO. I cut this out when We ordered Domino's Pizza in early 2018, five years ago this year :shock: I saw that the Pizza Box had a UFO/Spaceship on it and I'm like dang I gotta have that so I had My Grandma laminate for Me like she done tons of stuff for Me in the past ;)

So that will do it for this special for Halloween and I hope you liked it and were surprised. Don't forget to check out My Friday the 13th 2009 DVD, Dark Horse Comics & Amazing Stories VHS that I posted earlier for this spooky season here and as well as in My other Topics as there is some special spooky stuff there in My Video Game Collection, Modern & Vintage Action Figure Collections as it is all for the Halloween time and is special :) I have more great stuff in store here for My all imperative Odds & Ends, some more will be spooky themed, until the next update I'll see you around :blbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: House Horror Movie Collection!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:54 am

So My next entry will be another spooky one that is post Halloween but really just because it's horror doesn't mean it's strictly for that Holiday only or at least that's the way it is with Me so this showcase will be My collection of...

Yes, finally I'm presenting a special one of two of My favorites, Last year I showcased a very special one called Glory Days of Movie Rentals which is one of My most important showcase ever. I talked about House 1 & 2 there which it is on Page 5 here in My Odds & Ends if you want to check out the whole spectacular array of My local history and if you loved real movie renting back in the day then you shouldn't hesitate to check it out as I'm one of the very, very few people that does anything like this anymore so here's a brief quote about that :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So here is a very special entry. This brief is a one however. I don't know about other areas around the late 80s if their local 7-11 convenience stores had VHS Tapes to rent but the one just a block away down the street from out Our old house did. I recall they had a small shelf there. Around the time when I was playing their arcade of Konami's Crime Fighters and playing a vending claw machine that MiMi got Me out a small Pink Flamingo out of, We noticed they had movies to rent. We were kind of surprised about this as We had Rainbow Video & Mr. T's down on Morgan Ford Road now 7-11 is in on this business gig. One day My Grandma MiMi noticed 2 movies. She thought I'd like them since I loved spooky horror films. This was about 1986 possibly thru early 1988. This is how I know about House 1 & House 2: The Second Story (1986 & 1987) which both became two of My most favorite horror films of ever of all-time!

She rented Me the House movies many times, I had so much fun with them.

So here is the 7-11 on Juniata & Morgan Ford Road, Juniata is the street of Our old house that I dearly miss cause it seemed like after We moved so many things changed, I have had mixed emotions and questions about this for decades :roll: . I have many good memories from this particular 7-11 and believe it or not it's still there and looks pretty much the same the last time I went there which that long ago :shock: Just not the great ones I have mentioned above but others. My first ever WWF Magazine came from there, I got another WWF Magazine which was the August 1990 edition hyping up SummerSlam 90. I remember going down the street to My Grandpa's bike shop and showing it to him and telling him about Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake's horrendous accident and him being replaced by "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich. While PoPo was sad about Beefcake, he was glad about Kerry cause he loved him. It was all such a convenient area with such great times, he would just walk there from the house & back. I remember countless times I'd look down the street for him by the house waiting for him to come home, I miss him so much :( One other moment and as bittersweet as it was, it was one of My most fondest memories. On Our last DAY EVER at the Old House, Me & MiMi went to Our nice 7-11, got their great Nachos, Chili & Cheese. There in Our now empty House it was just the two of Us sitting on the hard wooden floor of the living room/kitchen talking and saying goodbye to Our beloved House on Juniata. That was in 1990, 32 years this year in late August. So here is that very special 7-11 :(

So I hope that was touching to you ;) Now here's My small but great collection of House 1 & House 2: The Second Story. My Mom got the Double VHS Tape Set for Christmas I believe in 1996 at Our South County Best Buy.

This looks much different compared to the originals because if you notice the New World Pictures logo above in in My House Header they were one of My favorite movie studios because they were masters of horror & sci-fi, they would be bought by News Corporation/20th Century Fox which is owned by Disney. I have previously explained this in My totally awesome Howard the Duck & The Punisher showcase in My great Marvel Topic a while back. So somebody had to get the rights for this small franchise to survive which more on that in a bit. Here's the front & side views of the Double VHS Box Cover which is pretty cool :blbat:

Here's the back view of the Box as well as the VHS Tapes themselves.

Now here's who got the rights to distributed these two films in the early to mid 90s, it was R&G StarMaker. They were a sister brand of Video Treasures and were part of Anchor Bay which would eventually all be folded into Lionsgate. Here's the 1991, 1992 & 1995 Copyrights :)

Now many years later on Amazon I bought the DVDs of both films. It's really good having these on disc and really makes the time feel special that you have this in hand as here's the front covers :blbat:

Here's the back Covers of them. they look pretty decent :blsm:

Now of course companies were really being cheap as of 2011 as I have complained about before not including anything at all. It would have been so nice to a chapter sheet like My great 2004 Suburban Commando DVD has but again that was 2004, that was still when companies were being creative and giving extra stuff in their products but ya know, times change and I don't like that. Now the DVDs themselves look ok which have the same pictures as the DVD cases :blww:

Now these are by Lakeshore, they produced many movies & movie soundtracks, sadly they are now defunct as of 2020, they were very good :roll: Now the 1996 Copyright was apparently granted to them after Anchor Bay lost the rights after 1995 as noted above. These DVDs of their Midnight Madness Series was released in 2011 as you see Image Entertainment which is now known as RLJ Entertainment owned by AMC Networks :blaq:

Now here is the super fun part of this showcase and it will be the /Soundtrack/Score of both House movies :o I got this at the Record Exchange, I saw it and I was so euphoric about it as I didn't even know it existed which I'll talk about that in a bit. It's is such good shape, This is one of My most prized movie scores of all. Here's the front cover that acts like House II: The Second Story is actually the main attraction release here as it says "also contains House :blbat:

Here's the back Cover. The scores for both films are composed by Harry Manfredini, if you don't know him then he's a very underrated horror master of music and was one of the first major ones for the then modern era of the 70s & 80s. He did most of the Friday the 13th franchise which he created the Jason Sound all of us horror score freaks know :blww: The soundtrack is made by Varèse Sarabande whom I have most of My scores by in My collection. See their great release of Shadows of the Empire in My fine Star Wars Topic :batwink:

Here's inside of the Jewel Case which is pretty cool of how the Compact Disc & Booklet looks. The Booklet has picture of Jimmy with the hand coming out the ground which was a nightmare of his Father's...or was it :? :shock:

The inside of the Booklet is fairly basic with no movie, composer, orchestra or any info at all which is a shame but that's they way they did things back in the early days of CDs. However there is a picture of Big Ben from House 1 (Richard Moll just past away recently and when I was getting ready to do this showcase for Halloween which ultimately I wasn't in time for because I had so much planned to present for the spooky holiday, I was really shocked that he has passed away and I thought it was really a coincidence :roll: and there's Jesse, Gramps & Charlie from House II: The Second Story. It's in Black & White but gosh their really nice :)

Here's a close up of the CD itself.

As I have explained before in other showcases, I always look at the bottom of My CDs not only to check for fuzz and dirt but also to see how long the soundtrack is which you can tell by looking at the darker lines This is about an hour's length which is great, the longer the better just not for your money's worth but also for your entertainment and especially if you love the music in the film, you want as much of it on disc as possible which this edition has plenty of great cues ;)

Here's a close-up of the Track Listing, see how they split the two movies apart in two different colors :?: I really like that and I think it was so clever that they put them together all in one set. I mean if you love both films as much as I do then you know that neither can be separate and has to be together :batwink: Now the soundtracks are not in chronological order as they happen in the films which most releases are like that as they do the way it they see or rather hear fit to their liking. I sometimes agree with this but I really agree with special editions like with My awesome 1989 Punisher Score seen in My great Marvel Topic. Not every cue is here either but this is superb of what was released and most of them are quite magical especially from the sequel :)

Here's the 1985 & 1987 New World Pictures & Varèse Sarabande Copyrights. See how old this is...they never reissued this gem and I'm quite thankful that I have it. Like I said for so long, always check your collectibles for Copyrights to check when they were made and who made them, I have always done it since I was a youngster and I hope you take heed to this because it can help you out in many ways ;)

So this is where I got this golden gem of movie score at, it was the Record Exchange on Hampton which I have expressed a lot of this area within this very crucial Topic of Mine as well as My others. It's such a fun area. So how I got this was one day Me & My Grandma was doing Our rounds in 2001. She was doing her usual banking at US Bank, we were parked on the lot of Louie's Pizza & Almost Everything Sports Store which see Page 4 for those great showcases :)

I said to her I want to stop in The Record Exchange to see if they have any new Movie Scores & VHS Movies and she said OK. We went in and and looking around a ton I didn't see any anything really new or that I wanted however I wanted to look at the Soundtracks over again and there it was, it was the score to House 1 & House 2: The Second Story and I was really shocked about it :o I don't know if they just put it there or if I over-looked it, either way I found of My most cherished items regardless of genre & type of collectible :) I never seen anything about on line much less Peer-To-Peer Sharing I mean if I saw this then I would have been so excited and My friends would have as well which you can check out My great Composer Topic for My times during the days of Peer-To-Peer Sharing ;) The thing is I was going to buy it Myself but My Grandma insisted about it so she bought it for Me ;) Now this building their in used to be Buder Library, they moved further down the street across the way from Target then The Record Exchange from the other way toward the great little Comic Shop & Video Game Store moved in there and it's a huge building and they have so much stock. Believe it or not their still in business and their still one of the finest in the state yet so very few. I pity anybody who doesn't know or just doesn't give the chance of how fun it is going to record stores and finding such great stuff like this because it's such a fun experience and I'm thankful that I know it and have experienced it many times over there on Hampton at The Record Exchange :)

We're All Together Now: Here's My entire House Collection consisting of the VHS & DVD Movies plus the CD Score, gosh this looks so good :blsm:

Soon i plan on making a special spotlight in My Horror Topic to coincide with this along with much other stuff soon :blbat:

So that will do it for this special of My House Collection and I hope you were surprised about this as I'm probably one of the few people on this entire planet that is doing something like this which is really pathetic but I'm quite glad that I was able to do this :) In the near future I will present two movie scores that My Grandma got Me for Christmas from the Record Exchange and I'll show them in great detail :) Next up will be a very special presentation of BijouFlix which was the first internet streaming, low budget horror & sci-fi service from the 90s that has almost completely fallen to oblivion but I plan to make that happen no longer, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: JFK Coin Special!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:17 am

So before I get My next big showcase, here's this one I wanted to present on this unfortunate anniversary which is My...

The following is made by First Commemorative Mint. Here's their Logos & 2009 Copyright :)

As you know I'm a collector of many things and you saw much earlier on within this very crucial topic of Mine that I collect Coins. I have always loved them since I was a youngster. So after things changed after My Grandpa left this world My Grandma had to do stuff different for My Christmas & Birthday. Well she did good going to special offer places as got Me a ton of stuff from The Bradford Exchange over the course of two decades until her last days which one day I may showcase them all entirely sometime in the future but for now since today is the 60th Anniversary of the JFK Assassination I didn't want to miss this as wanted to present this special little collection that she got Me that cost her a pretty penny in 2009/2010. Oh by the way, when she was a young woman before she met My Grandpa she was one of main campaigning girls at the Kennedy Headquarters in St. Louis :o She had a absolute crush on John Fitzgerald Kennedy and she told Me that all the time so I wanted to throw that bit of great history here because I'm all about history ;) So this Coin Book has a really nice feel and look of the front Cover that is by the First Commemorative Mint.

Here's the inside. This is a gorgeous looking set as there's a really nice picture of JFK along with a fantastic story and all three of his Tribute Half Dollar - 50 Cent Coins :)

Now this second set is extraordinary and My Grandma MiMi thought I'd really like this and boy was she right ;)

I don't know how many plebeians are aware of the Abraham Lincoln/John F. Kennedy Connection but it's something that you don't hear about often. Here's the fantastic looking front of this unique set :shock:

My Grandma MiMi & I always think out of the box. Here's a closeup of the connection. They say there is no such things as coincidences...well explain this...READ IT CAREFULLY... :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here's a closeup of the great looking Penny & Half Dollar Coins front & back :batwink:

Here's My two superb Sets together...look at that wonderful history :)

So that is all for this 60th Anniversary of the JFK Assassination and I hope you liked this and maybe were even surprised that I did this. Like I said, I have a lot of special stuff like this and I'd like to showcase them all in time. My next big showcase will be BijouFlix who was one of the first streamers online that nobody ever talks about as they unfortunately fell to limbo but not oblivion thanks to Me as My showcase of them will awesome, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: BijouFlix Special!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:25 am

So next is really cool and quite forgotten entry. This presentation will be a special one as it will be all about...

Now probably many people don't know who Bijouflix was. They were really the predaters of streaming but you won't see this online because they mostly have been erased from the web which is really a darn shame as this is something else that this generation will never know unless their seeing this showcase or if their elders tell them which is seriously doubtful and that within itself is a big shame and quite frankly is one of the reasons why this society and it's future is in the bad shape that it's currently in :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So they did streaming on the net YEARS & YEARS before this modern era's binging/binge-watching was ever a thought :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

They focused on cult classic low budget horror, sci-fi films that was extremely rare to watch back then that even TNT's MonsterVision didn't even show. See, I'm all about history and stuff like this is extremely crucial :!:

BijouFlix Website RESTORED!!!

This is a very imperative example of what their web site looked look. I believe these are the only surviving images online which is really deplorable. I am so lucky and very grateful that I was able to find them and do this :) Take a good gander at this because nobody is showing anything of this anywhere else...this is their Homepage :batwink:

Here's their shopping area along with the 2001 Copyright of Bijou Ventures, Inc. as well :shock:

Here's a look at their lineup A - Z. Notice the great heaviness of Sasquatch & Japanese movies there :batsmile:

Here's what their very good movie descriptions look like as this is an example of one of the actual movies I got and is about to be presented in a while here which is none other than A*P*E :o Now notice at the bottom the Video CD is only $8 while the VHS is only $16. Both are considered to be one of a kind bootlegs. I ultimately chose the VHS version :batwink:

BijouFlix even had their own Posters :shock: This one is of Barn of the Blood Lama :?

This one is of Stranger. Oh I recall this like it was yesterday how much they hyped it up during these fun times :batwink:

Here's their 2001 Copyright from their original web site :o

Here's your options of payment, their 100% guarantee and all that important info before you place your order :)

This is what it looked like on their web page when you wanted to stream your favorite B-Flick :shock: Now look at that how it originally was way back in the day on the web when it was still young and before today's society's binge streaming craze came to be, now this looked really, really impressive :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

My BijouFlix VHS Tapes!!!

Now I'm going to present what I got from BijouFlix Video, first up is 1977's Snowbeast which was originally a TV movie :o My Grandma had seen it when it first came on and she said it was really good so I thought I better get it. BijouFlix's VHS Boxes are pretty darn nifty & professional looking. See if Netflix & Redbox ever put the effort into something like this that people became something like lemmings over for helping them put the likes of Blockbuster Video & Hollywood Video out of business as I have expressed numerous times prior within this Topic as well as elsewhere :x The Box is really classy and feels good too :) The actual VHS is a Fuji which was one of My favorite Blank VHS Tapes so that was a good choice that they made :batwink: Also as a bonus, BijouFlix includes a special custom made Magnet with each purchase. Here's a look at the front of The VHS BOX & Tape + The Magnet :batsmile:

Here's the back of the VHS Box + VHS Tapes & Magnet :)

Here's a closeup of the pictures 8 write-up on the smooth feeling VHS Box :batwink:

Now here's a great closeup of the Magnet. Take a good look at that, how many streaming services or companies in general has ever made custom Magnets for their customers :? This was still during the times when companies would give away free things for their consumers and the thing is it's in darn good quality too and since this is over 2 decades old already it's really surreal how well it is however I do keep them in their VHS Cases so they would remain that way :)

So here's 1976's A*P*E, the one that really attracted Me to BijouFlic and was a must for Me. Here's the front & back of the VHS Box, the Fuji VHS itself as well as the great looking bonus Magnet :)

Here's a look at the pictures & descriptions and yes, this monstrous ape does the middle finger :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here's a look at the great A*P*E Magnet. Like the Snowbeast Magnet it's great looking and such good quality :batwink:

Here's a great look at both Snowbeast & Ape together front, back & side. They feel so good to rub & smell as you look and see such wondrous historical obscurity that only people like Me will present and believe Me there's not many of'em :)

ImageImage

Here's both fantastic Magnets together as well and yes they too feel & smell good :batwink:

Here's one more look at BijouFlix's Logo. I have always thought that this looked so neat & cute :)

So there's BijouFlix. I'm one of the only so very few people out there in a 9 billion + populated cyberspace that has restored their history and talking about them now. I'm like how could I skip showing them, it's one of the most important things I could present especially since their existence has been nearly wiped off the face of the all mighty net and basically fallen to Oblivion but with the help of such a low number of plebeians like Myself will not let that happen :) I was very lucky and quite thankful that I was able to restore what their web-store & streaming service was like as well as their products. We shall see what is next for My all-crucial Odds & Ends, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Odds & Ends: Timeline VHS & CD Special!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:28 am

Here we go with a special one that has it's 20th Anniversary this year and it's quite unexpected to most here and it's...

Yes, the 2003 science fiction epic Timeline written by Michael Critchon who did Jurassic Park & Congo and many more groundbreaking exciting stories turned into superb movies. This showcase will deal with My small collection of the movie which it was a much anticipated film. I'm probably one of the very few people doing this. Unfortunately My Grandpa never was able to see it as he left this world in October, 2003 :( He would have loved it :) One day in the later part of 2004 I was doing My rounds with My Grandma and I wanted to stop in Our local Blockbuster as usual to see what is new which was kinda often. They had Timeline there for sale on VHS and I wanted to buy and I bought it. I risked it because I was getting it before I rented it but sometimes that's what I did when it came to movies & video games :batwink: Here's My VHS Tape, Box. front & back. As you see it cost Me $7.99 which was nothing at all really I mean movies were getting to be so cheap back then when things were so affordable and it felt so good buying :)

Here's a closeup of the VHS Label with the 2003 & 2004 Copyright :batwink: Always check those Copyrights :)

Here's the great looking Blockbuster Video Label, I always love to look at these and seeing these is such a historical importance because it shows you who you got it from :)

Here's a closeup of the label on the back of the Box. Strange that this is marked on September 11, 2004 :? :o

Here's where My Blockbuster Video was. I've greatly showed this in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals on page 5 here in My all-crucial Odds & Ends as well as elsewhere. It was such a fun place to be. Thanks to things like the lemming-like attraction Red Box across the street at Walgreens and the coming of the digial age, places that was so great like Blockbuster Video went out of business :roll: A few years later they were replaced by Marco's Pizza & Family Video. Now their gone due to the P!amDemic and Red Box :shock: Now it's Royals Liquor along with Great Clips that was next to Walgreens. It's really a shame how Blockbuster Video is like almost forgotten about :roll: If it wasn't for Me & PB showing stuff from them it would be an even worse situation :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Now here I go with My other big part of Timeline. I have both scores...yes both scores are released by
Varèse Sarabande. The first one got rejected which I will explain that in time. First up is the official used version that is in the film by Brian Tyler which any movie score fan I'm sure is familiar with :batsmile:

My Mom got Me this for Christmas of 2004, I wanted it really bad and keep in mind YouTube didn't exist but Peer-to-Peer Sharing like Napster & WinMx still did (you can see that special time in My Composer Topic!) which it seems like so many people forgot what that is many people that is around now know nothing it but I was leaning more toward the physical official soundtracks instead of what the early days of the digital age was offering because I was kinda seeing where it was heading and look at it now. Here's the front Cover of the CD Soundtrack :)

Here's the back & cue/track list.

Here's inside of the see-thru Jewel Case and the great looking Compact Disc itself :batwink:

Here's inside the black & white Booklet

It's bad enough people don't give credit to the movie composers but what's even worse is that the orchestra is hardly mentioned as well :roll: Here's the list of the great players of the Hollywood Studio Symphony that made this awesome score sound the way it does :batwink: My Grandma sometimes could pick out that it was the same orchestra that did certain scores without even knowing, especially the choir that did John Powell's X-Men III: The Last Stand cause she loved that female choir which was actually this same Symphony :)

Here's the composer Brian Tyler with director Richard Donner who made The Omen, Lethal Weapon 1 - 4, The Goonies & Scrooged plus much more. During this time I only knew a little bit about Tyler as he did Terror Tract, Frailty, Bubba-Hotep, The Hunted & Darkness Falls so he was a rookie to Me at this time (now he's quite an established veteran and quite frankly one of the best of all-time) but really his new sound quickly grew on Me. I always thought he was so cool looking too as he looked like no other composer prior to him :)

Now here we go by the rejected score by the great legendary Jerry Goldsmith :shock:

2003's Timeline was an anticipated film and it was being scored by the legendary Jerry Goldsmith. However the critics and fans alike and even the producers not giving the screening fair ratings, the project was being doomed with reworks and re-shoots thus making the film nearly a new movie...after his hard earned work, Goldsmith was out of the production and his score was in limbo :o So since that happen they needed a new composer to fit the new look and atmosphere of the redone film. Who would that be :?: They knew that Brian Tyler was a newer composer that was just hot off of the heels of the action film The Hunted (see that in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals on page 5 here in My all-crucial Odds & Ends) and that his score was dynamic especially for a newer composer. They ultimately went with him and he wrote a totally exciting score for Timeline :!: However, the record label that released Tyler's Timeline, Varèse Sarabande who specialized in Goldsmith albums actually released his rejected score on September 7th, 2004 as a tribute to his passing in July of 2004. Sadly Goldsmith never knew about it :( I bought this directly at Varèse Sarabande's web-store as it was part of their club collection. It's such a wonderful score :) Here's the front of the Jewel Case :batwink:

Here's the back of it with the cues/track listing :)

Here's inside of the see-thru Jewel Case and the cool looking CD itself :batwink:

Here's inside the black & white booklet with the write-up by Robert Townson whom is the president of Varèse Sarabande and was a very close friend of Jerry Goldsmith :)

Here's the list of the Hollywood Studio Symphony that made this fantastic score sound the way it does :batwink:

Together at Last: Here's My whole Timeline collection. I think it's amazing to have this history of the VHS plus both of the Score/Soundtrack CDs. There was quite a few people that was quite euphoric over this back in the day when it was fresh because this was something else and it's a very rare occurrence that they actually released a rejected score cause usually you gotta get iy as a promo and/or a bootleg but not in this case as they made it official :shock: While many of today's society's frame of mind has really changed significantly over time not giving such inspiring delights like this a chance, it hasn't changed with Me one bit and I'm very thankful that I got to be a part of this big event :)

So there is My special 20th Anniversary of Timeline. I hope you liked it. Like I said, My Grandpa would have loved this especially the epic Jerry Goldsmith edition because he was his favorite (James Horner was very close however) and it was such a shame he never had a chance to know this history I mean him & Me could have had such a ball with this :) We shall see what is next for My all-crucial Odds & Ends, until then I'll see you around :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions