Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 22, 2023 5:16 am

I never saw that SBSP before. That was ok.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 22, 2023 10:12 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 23, 2023 6:16 am

I was a big Mega Man fan during the days of the NES but I never really graduated from that as apparently I just lost interest in the franchise. Those Bandai Mega Man figures looked really nice however PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 23, 2023 7:20 am

I played the first couple games on NES but never got into the cartoon or toys.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 24, 2023 4:48 am

I see.

Toejam & Earl was pretty good and really a small game series that hardly anybody talks about anymore. Another great fun one that was released in 1993 which was 30 years ago this year :shock: It's actually part of the Sega Genesis Classics for the PS4 & Switch. I would really love it if today's kids would play these compilations and relive what their elders did when video gaming was so great! I loved Sega's commercials, cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 24, 2023 6:14 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 25, 2023 6:40 am

I never had one but that Game.com was kinda revolutionary then by Tiger in 97. A year later in 98 they were taken over by Hasbro. That was pretty cool PB :)

Heads up, I just posted My big Vintage Starting Lineup showcase, see it whenever you can there is no rush and when you do see don't rush thru it :)

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post47287.html#p47287

Here's a video that coincides with it ;)

As a big bonus in that showcase I presented My Shaq Attack...the entire showcase is filled with special stories :)

Later on you can check this big showcase I did of My Mark McGwire McFarlane Big league Challenge & Hasbro Starting Lineup figures...no rush and when you see it do not rush :)

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post47286.html#p47286

This is the start of My Baseball stuff, much more to come ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 25, 2023 1:27 pm

I love that Starting Lineup baseball song. If there was a longer version, I'd rock it out like John Fogerty's Centerfield.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 26, 2023 4:05 am

Yeah, it's a really good catchy song, it goes along with so many of the great themes & music from the 80s cartoons and so on.

Here's this Baseball one, it's pretty decent and Mark McGwire shows up at the very last second at the end.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 26, 2023 7:01 am

I remember the tagline To Be a Winner from those commercials.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions