Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 12, 2023 6:48 am

I see and I never seen those two other shows you mentioned. I didn't watch Nickelodeon all the time. Dang I never saw that Swing Wing before, apparently that was the precursor to head bang'in :?

So speaking of here's this one that was great!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:12 pm

Ah, the Muppet Show is one of my alltime favorites. I wish it was on TV somewhere, it's kind of sad isn't. I know Disney+ has it but that's not the same.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 13, 2023 5:46 am

With good reason why it's one of your favorites ;) I never seen that Muppets McDonalds before. They were still making some great toy still even 95. Yeah you got hundreds of channels but what is really on them besides countless reality TV shows and these new shows that are cancelled after season 2 and the superb ones are cancelled just after one season :roll:

So why isn't it the same on Disney + :?: Are you talking about the feel, look & overall atmosphere of it :?: Because of commercials and perhaps w0k3 stuff :?: Your able to watch it on your Roku or kids' PS4 on your big TV right :?: I mean seeing some good stuff on your PC & Laptop is good and all but you just can't get the big feeling like you do on your living room TV ;) I watch My old wrestling on Peacock on Roku and yes, there is differences because of the mindset of you knowing this ain't the 80s, 90s & 2000s anymore but I try My best to reminisce those old good times plus you got your newer wrestling & movies all in one place :) So what is your deal :?:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:52 am

Yeah, it's not the same on a laptop. I have a "smart" TV but it isn't hooked up to the internet. I have an HDMI cord to hook my laptop up to the TV to watch The Mandalorian, or if there's a lacrosse game I want to watch, but I don't bother otherwise. If it was on TV I'd watch it.

Woah, I actually had this game!

Bonuse today because I also saw this one...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 14, 2023 6:22 am

Dang all this time I thought you had a Roku. You and your family could have a ball with that I mean you watch your Disney +, Peacock, Netflix, Amazon, Tubi and even YouTube on your TV via HDMI. If you played the apps that your kids has on your PS4 it's a little similar but more options and stuff. It's really an amazing device. You can watch movies and all that stuff on it, once you have one you'll be like why didn't I get this before? It's way more convenient than a DVR & way cheaper too like I said before what's really on :?: It even has a flash drive output where you can watch & listen to your own files that you download and made in MP4, MP3 & JPG plus it's way easier than handling a laptop every time too. I mean do you and your wife watch stuff on the laptop together, that can't be all that comfortable :roll: Believe Me your seriously your missing out...big time :)

That's cool that you did. I never seen those games before, all of them I would have loved especially ZaXXon!

I never saw that Von Erich game either, that was a great time of the WCCW!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 14, 2023 7:52 am

I don't really watch any of that stuff on TV. The only time I really hookup the laptop is if there's a new Star Wars episode, a .
Buffalo Bandits or Sabres game on ESPN+, or rarely if there's a movie the kids wanted to really see that I can download. And even more rarely, a TV series the wife wanted to binge watch. Otherwise I stick to whatevers on DirecTV or the digital antenna. AEW I order off Directv. The WWE PLEs, if I even bother, I'll just watch on my laptop without bothering to hook it up, that way when there's a match I don't care about, I can surf the web.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 15, 2023 6:20 am

OK well have it your way.

Those were some nice Mother's Day commercials. I recall 91 like it was yesterday and how pitiful that FedMart commercial was one of their last they went out of business that very year in 82 :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 15, 2023 2:41 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 16, 2023 5:03 am

I never saw that Gung-Ho set by Marx before, that looked pretty fun & sweet, so amazing that us kids found that stuff really way back then even to the 90s...seemed like kids was really getting interested it come the mid 2000s...what happen :roll: Really cool PB :)

Well I guess it was obvious what's next. I showcased My Fraggle Rock stuff before and you did some Fraggle Rock as well previously. So here's the intro...

and here's the final outro of the show :roll:

I said it before Fraggle Rock was My favorite of the three and I miss those good times :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:25 am

Dance your cares away...I loved Fraggle Rock.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions