Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 07, 2023 6:33 am

I see and thanks for all of that trivia :)

Ah Rolling Thunder. First the year of that commercial is wrong, it's not 92, the huge vehicle came out in 1988, 35 years ago this year. I know because I own it and it was a huge deal for Me as I wanted it really bad so My Grandparents got a bit of extra dough together and got it for Me over at Venture. With that being said it's a very long, big and heavy vehicle and like that commercial I always had Beachhead there riding it, I loved his blue attire. Like most of My Joes I didn't take care of it but it's really good seeing it again :)

OK, so continuing the kid shows. This is the Captain Kangaroo I was used too. I didn't watch him much but it was fun then :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:29 am

That was another I rarely saw or remember. I know of it, who doesn't, but I can't really say I remember watching it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 08, 2023 7:09 am

That's something and I do hope everybody knows it :)

Ah Hook figures by Mattel in 91. I was never a Peter Pan fan and I wasn't into the film that much despit it was live action, Steven Spielberg & John Williams and so I was never interested in the toys however it was a great time and I regret not doing so :roll: So cool PB :)

Here's this one, really only the 80s ones counts as I really stopped watching it come 1990, I only tuned in now and then to see how it was and to reminisce :)

NOTE: I'm going to have a special bonus really soon that is important to Me so be prepared about that :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 08, 2023 7:47 am

I think you left out the vid again, lol.

Bonus because I saw this yesterday during the hockey playoffs and it made me laugh....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 09, 2023 6:49 am

I never saw that McDonalds Muppet NHL before, that was pretty cool PB :) Oh crap so I did :roll: Again here it is, I'm mostly familiar with the ones in the 80s and if your talking about classic kids show intros like we've been showing, Sesame Street is like your main one ;)

Now tomorrow I'm gonna show something that is very special to Me, you may not know it but I know for sure you don't know the special trivia I have in store too so be at the ready and focus :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 09, 2023 9:38 am

Ah, okay, well who didn't watch Sesame Street, lol. Though I'm not a fan of the more modern years around my kids growing up.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 10, 2023 7:19 am

I would imagine that and yeah, seeing those intros in recent years I can tell it isn't the same.

Dang, that Digger the Dog was before My time but really good PB :)

Now here is a special one I've given you the time to prepare for. Now follow Me here. Do you remember Jack Horkheimer the Star Hustler :?: This little 5 minute program was on all the time during the PBS shows I just showed like Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I have already explained in My showcases and stuff how I was fascinated with Star Wars, Star Trek & E.T. When I first saw this tiny program I was really interested in it. Those shows were great but they didn't focus what was "outside" of this world. I knew there was more to it because of those said movies. I was quite fascinated about the other planets, the universe, astronomy and astrology. I always thought that Horkheimer looked like Scotty from Star Trek and I always wanted the show to be longer and then it was over and it was back to the other shows on PBS. Now that is special within itself but there is much more to this for Me...watch the program and pay attention to it and you'll hear a super nice tune in the beginning and the climax.

So wasn't that great, I always loved that little show, I hope it really touched kids to wonder about space and to love all of that back then, OK, now here is the EXTRAORDINARY part. I said about the nice tune. I was in awe when I was a youngster because I KNEW WHO IT WAS, WHAT IT WAS and WHAT IT WAS FROM :shock: I was only about 5 to 7 years old and I knew it because My Grandma would play it on My Grandpa's custom record player stereo. It was by the legendary late great Japanese composer Isao Tomita :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: She introduced Me to his wonderful music before I long while before I even knew of that program so I find it so amazing that I knew it even now that I knew so young. I'm listening to it now as I write this and I'm thinking back how it was and I'm crying all about it because it was such great times that I will never forget. This wasn't the first track I heard of his though. I had deeply expressed what it was in her tribute, it was Daphnis & Chloe: The Ravel Album. Also like I said there his Grand Canyon is and will always be My fav which I have given the links to those then when I posted her unfortunate tribute :( Now this music they used in the show is from Tomita's Snowflakes are Dancing, this was My Grandma MiMi's fav of Tomita, she just loved it so much. This was only his second album in 1973/1974 and is his own take on Debussy's classic which he did that a lot. Now the thing is in the show at the end credits they don't say who the music is by at all. As a kid it didn't bother Me because I knew who it was so there was no need to know however as an adult it does a little bit because it makes Me wonder why and for history's sake anybody that would later watch it and maybe the music actually hit'em they'll be wondering who made it which is great but they'll have to figure it on there own which sometimes can be hard :roll: I feel grateful that I knew and if it wasn't for My Grandma I would have never known this. I listen to My albums of Tomita all the time, I him l find him as fun now as I did back when I was little. Now here is the track, if you listen to this and compare it to the video above you will hear that it is identical because it's THE ONE...there was only 1 Tomita :!:

I hope you liked that and were surprised and that you see why this is so special to Me PB :)

NOTE: Soon I plan on entering him in My composer topic. He was THE pioneer of electronic music and synthesizers...anybody that does electric music owes it all to him even the great Hans Zimmer who is heavy on that. Tomita was indeed a legend :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:47 pm

I'd like to say that never aired here, but the video is actually from our local WNED PBS station, so it must've. I have no recollection of it, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 11, 2023 5:03 am

Yes, I figured you knew it and I thought let that be little thing to be surprised about. Shame you have no connection to any of that and I hope I wasn't the only one ever cause it was always so fun.

Here's this one. Remember Pinwheel? I always watched this one too.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:26 am

Pinwheel I definitely remember. I'm not sure I really watched it, but I remember it on Nickelodeon in the mornings along with shows like Maya the Bee, and David the Gnome. I didn't watch those shows either, but back then Nickelodeon ran The Muppet Show after them so I often had to wait them out to see that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions