Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:17 am

I never really got into LJN figures. Zero articulation was just never exciting to me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:18 am

Still waiting for a Movie Masters Bob the Goon.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:33 am

Doubt Mattel will do it, I think they'll have to have a lot of demand of that crowdfunding gimmick and if they do he'll be a pretty price. If it were Me and of moolah was no option I would just get the vintage ToyBiz figure MIP on eBay, it has the actual Batman 89 feel.

That commercial was a great one, I have them guys, that Joker is one best ever made. I have already written a showcase for the ToyBiz & Kenner Batman plus more, gotta do some tweaks and stuff then just waiting for the right time to post'em, maybe soon ;)

Ok, in a while I post some commercials that I was mentioning before :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:11 am

OK, here is some I was thinking about before. I have many of these figures, if you have seen My Recent Acquirements topic then you already know I have recently got back in the game and collected what I needed (still need some others however) and will showcase them in time :) These were so cool back in the day :!:

NOTE: As we had discussed previously, I do not have the vintage 18" Alien/Xenomorph but made up for it with NECA's version decades later :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:34 pm

It's amazing how many bloody, R movies became kids toy lines and cartoons in the 80's and early 90s.

"After getting the side of his head blown off, Alex Murphy becomes Robocop..."

"That's a great idea for a toyline!" ---toy exec.

The 80's really were the best, lol. I won't hold my breath on a Bob the Goon though I always wanted to try to make one but never really found a decent head to use. Best I ever came up with was Greg Valentine but the Jakks heads are too big for a Movie Masters body, so....
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:05 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:01 pm

:lol: Oh yes ehy were and teh 90s was too, it was such cool times, now everything had been made & done so many times, its not the same anymore IMO.

Here's a couple of more JP1, this T-Rex is one of the best depictions ever made IMO, the Triceratops is good, I just love that rubbery skin! Kenner really went the extra with this line.

This was My fave JP line of all-time, unfortunately I do not have these that;s in this ad but I do have some other really cool creatures plus some of the human versions, the Ian Malcolm is rather a fun figure!

That's all for today :)

By the way, I'm not sure about Greg looking like Bob but maybe I'm able to help. Hasbro made a nice Greg Valentine figure back in the day, maybe you look'em up and see if he's right for your possible Bob the Goon custom ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:09 pm

Yeah, they weren't really close in resemblance but the Hammer had a fuller face like Bob the Goon I thought might be workable, but not really close enough to give it a go.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:58 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:23 am

Yep, that's the Rancor I was talkin' about when you we were talkin' about the haslabs one. He is one of my fave monster figures ever. I have them others that is in that add as well. Soon, not sure when but I'm gonna showcase My POTF 1/ESB/ROTJ figures plus much more. He is a true classic figure and there's ones on ebay that are sealed MIB that I saw a while back that is that is about the same price as that new crowdfunded one. The POTF 2 97 version is arguably better as he has rubber skin similar like a Kenner deluxe JP Dino, he is sweet as well and even cheaper!

Seeing this ad brought back the memories PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions