Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:18 pm

OK PB, I'll see what I can do soon ;)

Oh the Muppet Babies, I liked them back then. I don't think I ever got them figures from McDonalds but I have gotten some cool stuff from there from that time period and the early 90s. In fact, just the other day I had found a few items from them I had been looking for and I will be showcasing them in the near future in time. Sometimes, fast food places in the past had some good toys for the kids who would be collectors when they grow up in the future :lol: Or even for adults as you saw My Jack in the Box Universal Monsters I got in 2002 :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:22 am

OK PB, I hope you like this. If you have been reading throughout My Vintage Figure Topic, I provide a lot of important info and where I got them and My favorite old stores which if I can I always take a pic of the price tags for many reasons. One of My most fave stores was Venture, I got tons of great figures there in the 80s till they went out of business.

Anyway, your probably not familiar with Venture as they were mostly in the Midwest. Here is a special vid of it's history, check it out, it's really cool but for Me its sad because of all the memories I had in 3 different locations I used to go to with My Grandparents & Mom. Oh and My Mom used to work at one, in fact, when you watch the vid, at the VERY END @ 8:25 is that is the one she worked at and is at My closest location that Burlington Coat factory took it's place as there is that Big Lots that I talk about often plus that Family Dollar I have mentioned many times through My posts.

Here is a Venture commercial that aired just days before I was born :o

OK, finally here is a Venture toy commercial, look for Care Bears, Sesame Street, Snake Mountain, Transformers & Voltron (by the way, I have that very same Voltron, will be showcasing it soon!)

How did I do :? I hope you liked it. I could post a lot more material :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Cool! Never heard of Venture, will give the vids a look later as I'm about to leave with the kids for the ay but wanted to post something.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:42 pm

OK PB, looking forward to your reply about Venture :)

Holy cow, we must have synchronicity or great minds think a-like something, that stuff that I recently found I was talking about...SPOILER... was GUTS! :o :!: I only found 4 of them though but their all in good condition...some of the other stuff is really sweet and surprising, just you wait till yo see'em, gotta take pics soon and I plan on posting them before everything else I have planned...Captain Power still coming soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:38 pm

I remember Venture from way back we got catalogues from them and you could fill out checkboxes to pick up your order. Kind of ahead of its time.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:51 pm

Hey Tango, long time no see huh :? :lol: ;) Cool you know & remember Venture. Oh yes, they were great and I miss going to them :roll: Thanks Tango :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:10 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:51 am

Cool, Captain Planet! Never got the figs nor really ever got into the series in general though once in a while I do regret it. I remember every Saturday back then throughout the early to mid 90s on TBS, they would air CP @ 4:00 - 4:30 PM and then @ 5:00 WCW Saturday Night that would be 2 hours and end at 7:00 :!: Gosh that brought back memories PB. Yeah, the weekend ruled during that time when it came to cartoons & wrestling :batsmile:

NOTE: Tiger was a really cool company in the 80s & early 90s but fell into the merging with Hasbro thus the takeover was getting worse :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:57 am

Yeah, I caught an ep of CP on occasion and usually wound up rolling my eyes at it. Was never anything I got in to.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:52 pm

I admit, them AEW figures look great and maybe better ten Mattel's WWE but like so many of today's figures they are so high now like so many things, they made it to where you can't get the whole collection unless you have a lot of moolah :roll: I had seen this ad before when they were first hyping up the figures. I digged how Omega was in this :lol:

Well, since you posted this, I wasn't gonna post these till later but what the heck :)

I have a lot of these figures when they were actually affordable and it was such a simpler time to collect them. Look at all of that classic wrestling goddness :batshock:

WWF LJN - I already posted them in My Vintage topic along with My ThunderCats collection, its a huge post!

WWF Hasbro - Have posted in cameos but not an entire showcase yet.

WWF Jakks - Have posted in cameos but not an entire showcase yet.

WCW Galoob & WCW ToyBiz - Showcased WCW Galoob big time but WCW ToyBiz showcase is coming soon!

\\

I have several more commercials to add here PB but that's what I got for today, hope you liked it ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions