Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:24 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Hahaha, I remember these. I love it. Also, Bea Arthur was our Shoppers Drug Mart commercial rep, Alan Thicke for Woolco, Mike Myers for Sears and Batman and Robin for Zellers, Where the Lowest Price is the Law. We had K-Mart back in the day, too. They left Canada around the 90s. Their toy aisles were pretty bad ass and they had a great video game section, too, with consoles that you could play.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:38 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:16 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:34 pm

Cool Acid ;)

Yep, I remember them Street Fighter Joes and the Mortal Kombat ones too (I do not have the MK ones however), I took pics of the SF ones I found in storage months ago, haven't posted them yet but soon. I never took care of them nor My huge collection of RAH. I kick Myself in the @$$ now and then about it :roll:

That K-Mart commercial looked familiar, I may have seen it when I was a small doobie but I'm not sure :)

I must say I don't know Gold Circle but gosh all that cool classic vintage toy goodness, them days ruled :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Gold Circle was another one from around these parts from the 80s. I don't think they made it into the 90s. I do remember my grandma buying me Teen Titans comics from there back in the day. I didn't intend for this to be just me posting toy commercials, so if there's any regional stores from your area feel free to post some. I remember talking with Havok a few years back that what I knew as Child's World was Child's Palace by him. We didn't even have a Walmart around here until the mid-90's. That seems crazy now as they're everywhere, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:52 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:35 am

Wow PB, POTF 1 AT-AT Walker :o That was one of the finest pieces ever made and one of the most iconic toys ever! I have many of the original Kenner POTF 1, ESB & ROTJ figures that I have taken pics of but waiting to post them at the right time as there is still stuff to showcase before them. I was never able to get this Walker though nor the 1997 Kenner/Hasbro version but both are still at reasonable prices believe it or not and the later version IMO was just as good too. If they decide to do that darn crowd funding stuff, I would expect the price to be like used car price which is insane so if anybody wants a AT-AT I strongly recommend to get the vintage ones as they are much more affordable and probably better as well.

OK, I may look into cause there is some that I always have in mind. If you have read many of My posts in My topics then you'll know what stores I always talk about. I didn't want to steal your thunder. There are some toy commercials that you haven't posted either, do you want Me to post some of them too and possibly help you along with this good topic of your's?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:47 am

Nah, man, feel free to post whatever.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:48 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions