Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:23 am

R.O.B. was the worst...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:37 am

Like Martika sang, the battle wages on...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 am

Gosh, I can't believe you had it, shame about it :roll: See, I told ya it goes for big bucks :o I remember R.O.B. but never got that set, I got the one after it with the combo of the Mario/Duck Hunt & gun. Ah Secaturs, now you know I featured them in My Vintage Action Figure topic ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:48 am

I had the original NES and ROB suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. The zapper was great. Played Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, and Freedom Force for years. ROB was fun for about five minutes then you figured out you could just use the player two controller yourself instead of waiting five minutes for ROB to move the discs. He looked cool, in practice he was awful. But many theorize he was just eye candy to entice kids to want the system, kind of a gateway toy. I guess Nintendo did okay in the end.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:49 am

Did Barry McGuire sings this?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:34 am

When chased, everyone can hear you scream...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:10 am

Way before My time but the future RAH was way better IMO.

WOW, I was waiting for you to post this on here, in fact when you said about starting a toy commercial topic, I was like he's gotta post that classic Alien by Kenner and so here it is :shock: That Alien, like them kaijus earlier, he is worth gold! He was kinda controversial too back in the day. He is one of the most sought after figures ever and his commercial is one of the most memorable as well IMO. Never got a chance to get him as he came out 2 years before I was born and he was already gone from the shelves and was beginning to be a rare collectable even then :roll: Gosh I loved the domed skull! Thank goodness I got most of Kenner's Aiiens & Predators back then & quite recently too as I am a huge AvP fan especially Aliens! I also kinda made up for it too when I got that extremely rare 18" NECA Alien along with some of the 18" NECA Predators :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:41 pm

That Alien, he's another case where my cousin had him. In fact some of these older commercials, like the Slime Monster Game, were things I remember them having because they were older but I always liked them. That Alien was freaky scary when I was really young, but fun at the same time. I remember he and Godzilla had many a battle. Kind of crazy to think that was a kids toy back then, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:38 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions