Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:12 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:47 am

Great ones PB, I loved Captain Power, I showcased him greatly in My Vintage topic a while back...loved him!

Never saw that Toys''R''Us commercial before though, REALLY GOOD :) By the way, look for some Halloween stuff from Me here and there soon ;)

Ah the Slime Pit! I remember that, never forgot that. I still have that but My storage is terrible and so is My vintage MOTU :roll: Anyway, I loved the words from the kids and how they said it. 80s was so cool and slime was one the things that made that decade what it was :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 pm

I had the Slime Pit as a kid. I remember the smell to this day. I always hated when the slime would dry out and get crusty on figures. Here's something a little older....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:17 am

Tom?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:47 am

These will never catch on...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:42 am

Cool, never got into BG, loved Guess Who and I loved the PR. Watched the series and the movies. I wanted them figures in the 90s but never got them but I did get a cool Lord Zedd however, I'll show him off in My topics in the future!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:35 am

Never got into Power Rangers, I was a little old when they came out. Similar with BSG, I was born the year they came out, so never had any, but my cousin was a few years older and he had a few. Always thought the robots looked cool. I know nothing about the lizard guy. Never got into the original show. I think back then you were either Munsters or Addasm Family, and Battlestar or Buck Rogers, and I liked Buck. I always thought Hawk looked cool, maybe because I loved the Muppet Show and he reminded me of Sam the Eagle. Plus, Erin Gray. Easy on the eyes.

ImageImage

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:36 am

And he can throw a mean dropkick!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:48 am

Yeah, never got them BSG figures either, looked great though.

WOW, I have some rare Godzilla & Kaiju figures and some expensive ones too but nothing like that Shogun Godzilla :o I have always wanted him but he was before My time not to mention he is one of the most sought after of all Godzilla figures :!: He is most definitely in a top 20 list of extremely rare & expensive figures list but he is one of the hardest figures to obtain in mint condition due to his rareness but with that being said, arguably, that is bupkis compared to Mattel's 1980 Rodan figure as IMO he is THE Holy Grail of ALL Kaiju figures and believe Me, I studied Kaiju figures and their value over the years and had to skip many collections that I really desired due to their availability & beyond insane prices :roll: He is undoubtedly in a top 10 list, maybe in top 5 and if he is number 1 I wouldn't be surprised at all as he has some of the lowest numbers in availability & the highest prices ever seen for an action figure collectable :o Here is the Mattel Rodan figure I am talking about :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:21 am

Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing that Rodan. I actually had that Godzilla when I was really young. I remember the hand launcher and how we used to play a game where you had to catch his tongue when he stuck it out, lol. No idea where it went or when but I don't have it anymore. I nearly fell out of my chair when that Toy Hunter show used to air and he bought that Godzilla for a decent chunk of change. Oh well. If we knew then what we know now...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions