Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:51 am

Yes it is and I never seen that cool Paul's Scobby-Doo Snacks before, so authentic from the original cartoon :)

Okay, here's this WWF Full Metal The Album Commercial. I never knew who the German narrator is/was. He's there because the Album was released by Edel, their a German Record Label. This commercial is really amazing as it shows you how it was in 95 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:47 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:14 am

Oh man, that commercial was great. There a bit of local history there for Me. First off, that's Anthony Bonner, he just wasn't an NBA player, he's from St. Louis. He was huge in collage here. He was the first draft pick of the Sacramento Kings in the 1990 NBA Draft and he played pro from 90 - 96. Unfortunately he's one of those guys that you never hear anybody talk about anymore...such a shame it's like that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: He's in the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame though which is great :) Now for the commercial. I believe I saw that that in the early to mid 90s, I cannot be to sure though as I if I did I totally forgot about it :shock: That price of $9 wasn't bad at all IMO. Now I don't know if you noticed at the end of it of the locations of Fireworks City. Now this is very important because remember when I showcased My old Fireworks that I got from 1992 with My Grandparents and I didn't know what that location was :?: Well, I believe that Tesson Ferry Road off/on/in Highway 141 WAS the place as it was in Fenton & Arnold. They did have buildings but tents and the one that we went to was big, outside and had tents. I believe this Commercial is either from 91 - 96. This was great Packer :)

Okay, I just posted a special of Phantom Fireworks in My Odds & Ends. Check it out if you want to when you can :) Here's this cool Phantom Fireworks from 2003. I really like this. This was still from time when babes were desired and over the top dudes were really cool.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:10 am

I almost posted that Phantom Fireworks commercial. Haven't bought from one in a couple years since we'd have to drive to Pennsylvania, but I still get coupons in the mail.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:27 am

That's something. Gosh, Pennsylvania, how about that :shock: Don't forget I posted a Phantom Fireworks special yesterday of a recent Flier I got in the mail. See if that one and those coupons are the same you got before here when you have a chance ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post52618.html#p52618 :)

That was truly an amazing Coca-Cola Commercial from 1976, I never seen it before :o

Okay, here's the final WWF Full Metal The Album Commercial. It's in German. Look how darn cool Razor Ramon & Diesel are. Just think, only several months later they'd be back in WCW as Hall & Nash :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:02 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:06 am

That was a good TRU Commercial and I miss those time a lot :)

Okay, so unfortunately that's all I could find of WWF Full Metal The Album but gosh what I found was so sweet. Next up is WWF The Music Volume 2. Here's a brief part of My grand showcase :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:WWF The Music Volume 2: This was THE ONE that truly ignited the spark of WWF Theme Music Collectibility because with the title you knew there was going to be more ahead :batsmile: I listened to this one countless times, maybe even more so than Full Metal :o In fact I listened to this & Metallica's ReLoad in 97 more than any other album release during this year/time period :shock: It was a rather simple release however because there was no heavy metal groups involved, it was all by Jim Johnston. There was three alternate tracks here never heard at live WWF events that had special segments during WWF programming. Its pretty cool that they did that though I think it did cost some other wrestlers' themes to be cut which really is a sacrifice I do not prefer. By WWF terms this was released in the last days of the New Generation and pre-Attitude era (but we all know the true first times of the Attitude Era started when the nWo happen in 1996) so this was released in the Summer 1997. Now unlike the previous two albums, this wasn't produced by a major record label, it was actually really all Stephanie Music & WWF/Titan Sports. I found the tracks to be all exciting yet so different from the previous album. Here is Mine via the Front & Back covers.

There's only Commercial that I found which is a shame but it's quite good :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions