Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:49 am

Yes indeed it was. Of course I know about the G.I. Joe Marvel Comics but I never seen that excellent commercial before :o

Well, there's only a bit more WCW Hotline left, it's in the later years and I'll get to that soon but I got two more classic ones that isn't WCW :shock: Here's this Captain Lou Albano & Bruno Sammartino one from 1988 and look, it's 909 too :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:32 pm

Captain Lou was another one of those guys as a kid that I was like, where'd he go? He disappeared from the WWF and then a few years later he was Super Mario. But not knowing about the NWA/WCW, guys just vanished to me without explanation.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:56 am

Yes, I've been there done that too ;) I've never seen that Fisher-Price Adventure People. that was really cool and I really like them. Don't forget I did a very special showcase a while back of them as well as Tonka's Play People. I was very grateful when I found them :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
We're All Together Now :!:

SUPER SPECIAL FEATURE:

What we have here is AP's Robot Clawtron and PP's Cowboy with Nein Nunb of Kenner's Star Wars ROTJ :)

I showcased them here if you want to revisit ;) ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post41295.html?hilit=Adventure%20People#p41295
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:35 pm

I remember that post. I may've had some when I was really young but don't really remember them.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:44 am

Good, I'm glad of that because sometimes I wonder :) I never seen nor knew about that Smurf-A-Getti commercial, that was really decent PB :)

Here's this Captain Lou Hotline commercial from 1987. Chief Jay Strongbow & Afa appear and I believe Samu is the cop :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:04 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:35 am

How about that classic WWF Piledriver Album Commercial, so good :)

I just found this NWA Hotline Commercial from 1988, I think it may be their first one :?:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:40 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:41 am

I never knew nor saw the Giggle Wiggle that I recall. That looked really fun and seeing them little kids, I think that proves it :)

Here's this IWA Hotline in 1990, this is when DDP was starting to go places :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:32 pm

Self high five!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions