Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:10 am

Yes it is really...I dig that old school stuff like that :) Oh that Crispy Critters was nice, I believe I seen that back then but never had the Cereal that I recall :shock:

Here's this WCW Hotline from 95 :) Oh by the way, I never called that either ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:28 pm

A lot of 9s there.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:35 am

Yes, there was :shock: While I've had a ton of Cracker Jacks in the little boxes, I never knew about that Cracker Jack Cereal much less that cool 1985 commercial :o

Here's this one when Missy Hyatt was a part of the WCW Hotline :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:41 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:02 am

Oh man, that was a great Legend of Zelda Video Game Commercial with a young Seth Green :!: I was never a huge fan of Zelda but the games were cool. Let Me refresh your mind about this. Whenever I went to My friend Donny's house way back when, We played his NES for a while. He had a lot of NES games like Me but what he had over Me was the two Zelda games...not only that he had the GOLD EDITIONS which were actually like chase versions before chase was cool :o They were absolutely stunning...here's an example of what they looked like :)

I found it amazing about that then. I hope he still has them and knows what the heck he has and what kind of historic pieces they are :!:

No commercial from Me today, look for a special tomorrow for Father's Day ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:54 am

I never got too deep into Zelda. Didn't have the patience for it back then. Even tried playing it on the NES Mini and just didn't get into.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:53 am

Happy Father's Day :) I never seen that Star Wars Father's Day Commercial. That's cool that them kids knew the scene of Vader being Luke's Dad. This commercial was sweet ;)

There's more WCW Hotline commercials but I'm gonna do this because it's Father's Day. I've really been thinking about this, it's really been strong on My mind for a while now. You posted this PB about Hasbro's Battle Beasts...I'm quoting it from the first page of this fine Topic :)

packerbacker180 wrote:Never really understood how wood beats water, it floats? I dunno.

Now why have I been thinking of this you ask :?: Well, My Father Paul, (well everybody called him Buddy even Me) took Me to the K-Mart that I recently showcased in My Journey to K-Mart spectacular in My Vintage Action figure Topic and got Me a ton of'em :) Here's thsi quote from Me a couple years ago in My Vintage Action Figure Topic.

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Image

Now normally I present My collections of what I have on the shelves that are displayed or in storage, I love to show what I have...not what I USED TO HAVE :!: With this extremely special and quite unconventional showcase, I will present a collection that was once Mine. I have been thinkin' about posting this for many, many months as it was darn-right inevitable, just a bit sooner than what I originally thought but I believe it's best to make this at this very moment so it is done and dusted. Now I am not going into much detail here like usual because it's very personal. My Dad got Me a whole bunch of the little Battle Beasts figures by Hasbro. This was during a hard time when I was growing up. PB & AcidDragon already know this if others and spectators wanna know more then PLEASE go to My MOTU Spydor topic as I explain it THERE in the last post! I am NOT going to retell it HERE :!: There is a lot of great stuff there that I posted along the way that I thought was terrific including My awesome Big Lots Journey and My great time with Darthhink :)

If you had already seen that post earlier then you know why. After I left him, I left ALL of stuff and most of all My Battle Beasts with him and I have absolutely no clue what happen to them if him kept them for the future which I totally doubt...he probably just threw all of them away :cry: I have had this on My mind for a very long period time...basically decades with no answer :roll: :cry: :x

So moving on, these guys were released in 1987. He got Me them at our great local K-Mart (the same one I have mentioned, many times on the board). These figures were wonderful and came with little weapons and has a few POA. The variety of characters were good. This was truly an ultimate series of anthropomorphic warriors at it's finest, even before TMNT hit the toy isles in 1988 :shock:

Here is a few pics of them loose and on the card. NOTE: These pics came from eBay &amp; various places on the net, I just edited them. Credit goes to original sources.

Here is My fave character of the collection that I had, his name was Sawtooth Shark, I remember how much I loved him way back then. I just loved his skin and his face.

Here is a couple commercials of them to show how cool and fun they were.

That's it, now since that is out of the way, I will have a much better & funner showcase that will be back to My regular presentations. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:

Now, with that being said, I hope he didn't throw them away, I hope he was smart and maybe even kept them for his second son by another woman that I never knew...yes I have a half-brother out there somewhere :roll: So I hate talking bad about him and I never want to. His Birthday was last month in May and I never said anything about it here. If I could go back, I would try to make things right. However there is one major regret and that is that I DIDN'T TAKE all of those Battle Beasts with Me on My last Visitation Day...I really kick Myself over that sometimes :x Here's this bonus :)

So that's what I have for today. As I said, it's been on My mind for a long while now. That's all for now :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:44 pm

Fire!

Water!

Water beats fire!

I had these, too. I loved them for a time. Toy brands came and went fast back then, but I remember the commercials very well.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:42 am

Cool. Yes, there were a ton of''em, same thing also in the 90s too. 2000s & beyond was really slowing down. That was a sweet Father's Day ad there. Now that's what I like to see and what I've been talking about for quite a while now, kids wanting to know and seeing their families' past...the past is so important for the future :)

Okay, now here's more WCW Hotline...this is something...Mean Gene is talking about Hulk Hogan teaming up with Sting but this was in February of 94...Hogan wasn't there till the Summer of 94 so the talks & negations were happening even then :o

Here's this one...

and they even had this when WCW Saturday Night went off the air :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:47 pm

I was never tempted to call any of those 900 numbers except for the one where you could vote to kill Robin in Death in the Family, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions