Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:34 am

Wow, I think I seen that Dunkin' Donuts commercial before when I was a youngster but I believe I totally forgot about it till just now...that was sweet PB :)

Okay, I believe this will do it for the Flintstones Chewable Vitamins.

This one is from 1995...

and this one is from 1996 :)

There's more classic Flintstones stuff but we can do that later. Tomorrow I got a similar thing but it's different and special...be prepared to see what that is PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:19 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:21 am

Wow, i never seen that Choco Crunch commercial before, that was a good one PB :)

Okay, here's this before I get to My main post here :)

Well, you know the Flintstones Chewable Vitamins but do you remember Hulk Hogan Chewable Vitamins for Kids :?:

Yes, that ad was from a great WWF Magazine, that's how I knew about'em plus seeing the commercials on WWF Programming such as Prime Time Wrestling & WWF Superstars. Oh man, I recall them a lot. I actually wanted them as much as candy but of course your not supposed to do that I didn't :shock: Back then I really didn't know the importance of Vitamenins, I just wanted them because of Hogan and the WWF plus they tasted good and they basically replaced My Flintstones :shock: I loved the boxes with the raised letters & graphics, it was so fancy & splendid. I had some but I misplaced them long ago :roll: My Grandma would get Me them as much as possible...I was really bummed when they discontinued them I believe in 91 :roll: I still recall how they tasted and how fun it was then...here's these commercials :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:45 pm

I don't really remember those. I'm assuming those didn't last long after the steroid scandal stuff started. Always great to hear Lord Alfred Hayes!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:31 am

Huh, how about that, I thought you'd know them but that's good that you saw this now for the first time PB ;) Yes, I believe that maybe was the case. The steroid case was pretty big. It was all over the wrestling mags like PWI. Of course Vinnie Mac, The Ultimate Warrior, Rick Martel and Dan Spivey were among some of the ones there. yes, it is always good hearing Lord Alfred Hayes :)

Okay, here's this Right Guard from Hulk Hogan in 91. This was around the time when he was in Suburban Commando and I sure recall seeing this on WWF Prime Time Wrestling during these fun times :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:09 pm

Now that Hogan commercial is pretty classic.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:42 am

Oh now I recall that Croonchy Stars Cereal, that was very good in 1988 :)

Nice, you seen that one and you be spot on about that ;) It's cool how the 1991 Copyright was very visible in the lower left corner when it began, like I always say, check those copyrights on just about anything, they can help you see who made what & when ;) Okay, here's the same commercial but it's edited and seems rushed like they usually do.

Okay, now this is the same however at 29 seconds is the ad for the WWF WM8 Hotline :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:07 pm

Yeah, they always seem to have a shorter version of commercials. Saves money, I suppose.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:04 am

I don't recall Hidden Treasures Cereal at all, that looked good though :)

Yes, I think they do and for time constraints, even back then, in fact I believe that's when I started noticing stuff like that and it got and more and more as time went on. Now here's a variant of the long commercial. Hogan presents a different Right Guard so there is differences. Again, notice the 1991 Gillette Copyright at the bottom left corner when the commercial first begins :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:59 pm

Not sure I ever realized there were different deodorants. Never looked that closely

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions