Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:08 am

That's cool you brought this to My attention. I have been thinkin' of this Star Wars game for a long time, I have this game down the basement with others. Its behind shelves and rather hard to get to. I used to play it all the time years ago. Maybe one day I can get it out :?: I also have a SW card game too that I got at Toy Chest back in the 80s as well. I have been looking for it as well because there is a lot of great card games that I have including an awesome MOTU version + a board game too. Used to play them with My Grandma all the time. Maybe one day I'll find them, been looking off and on for a months :roll:

Huh, never saw that Crossbows & catapults game before, looked really cool!

Well, I have been thinkin' about this for a long time, its in My closet and kinda buried and I really don't have the room to set it out, I'm talkin about the WWF Wrestling Challenge Board Game! I got it in 1990, it was so fun to play, I always beat My Grandma at it. Like the SW board game, there is no commercial which is indeed a shame :roll: It was so fun and this was a great and fun time for the WWF IMO, I loved the pics of the wrestlers, so classic!

Here is a cool vid of this funny guy showing you how to play it :)

Well, that's it. If I can ever find them and get them out maybe I can showcase them in the future so who knows. I hope you like it PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:12 am

Don't forget to look at My last entry!

OK, I just showcased My REMCO ManTech figures in My Vintage Action figure Topic so please go check it out, anyway here is their commercial :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 pm

Those ManTech figures don't look at all familiar but that's a pretty awful name.

I had a couple WWF games, but it was a little older than that because I remember Big John Studd and Piper being in it.

I had another one that looked pretty similar gameplay wise to yours, but it had HBK and SCSA in it. My sons really like this one I got a couple years ago, it's basically WWE Don't Break the Ice.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:23 pm

I found this on a list of 20 terrible 80s board games but we had this when I was a kid and actually liked playing it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:54 am

This might be one of the cooler commercials I've come across, there's two versions, one the sound is crap, the other the picture is crap, so I've included both. This a third version with much better quality but it'll only play on youtube (boooooo!0

Bad sound

Cruddy picture
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:39 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:15 am

Cool vintage WWF game, never had that one. That WWE game looks good, never seen that one before. I still have the original DBTI!

Never saw the Scotland Yard game before, looks like it was fun.

Wow, when I posted My ManTech showcase I was thinkin' of these AWA figures cause their made by REMCO too. I don't recall seeing them in stores when I was a youngster. Those in the commercials are really good and the ads were great considering. I would have loved to have the two pack of Abdullah the Butcher vs. Carlos Colon and maybe even keep it MOC because of their horrific history! Also these guys would have been great to cross-over 38th their Warrrior Beasts and of course Mattel's MOTU! REMCO was so good.

Them DOH figures are good but before My time.

Good ones PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:31 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:37 am

Wow, NERF! I remember that football :o I liked the series back in the day but it was never a must for Me. The only one that really interested Me was a slingshot. Great times back then :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions