Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:49 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:35 am

That was a great Sgt. Slaughter G.I. Joe commercial :)

Here's this Commodore 64 commercial...the first commercial was kinda like one We have but I'm not familiar with this version at all :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:57 pm

I did not keep up with the Commodore.

Another two'fer...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:22 am

How about that ;)

Oh man, Star Trek: The Next Generation. Those figures are still some of the best ever made IMO. They were some of the best sculpted ones and even though McFarlane came about with sculpting like no other a little during the line's existence, Playmates' Star Trek was still wonderful. Still one of my favorite action figure series today :)

That is also a great commercial there of the first ST:TNG there...I love to see origins ;)

Here's this Commodore 64 Commercial. the subject of this one is how old. Well I was quite young when My Mom got her Commodore 64 and she got them games. I picture Myself like the youngster in the thumbnail. Like I said in My showcases...I them a while before I really knew Nintendo & Sega even though I have a couple games by them for the Commodore 64 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:14 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:45 am

Amazing how that Lanard The Corps Recruits had all of that cool animation yet there was not one scene that showed the actual product :o

Here's this Commodore 64 commercial. Now this is the actual system that My Mom got. The same Keyboard and the same Disk Drive. Remember I showed in My One-on-One showcase the disk? Well that's the compartment I put it in :) See the Commodore 64 Logo :?: I always loved that when I was a youngster, I still find is very cool :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:01 pm

When Chuck Norris looked into the abyss, the abyss looked the other way.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:54 am

Oh Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos were a great series by Kenner. I showcased them long ago. Still IMO the Chuck Norris is sculpted superbly and still holds up today :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:06 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:08 am

Oh yeah, great commercial :) That ring with Stone Cold was way too big for the Jakks figures...Jakks really took the LJN Ring style for a while and didn't make a proper sized scale Ring till a couple years later. That set with the ref. I already had all of them figures but didn't have the ref...I wanted that set a lot but darn it was so hard to find and I never seen him on a single blister card either :roll: I have the Vinnie Mac figure. Jakks had such great special edition sets and I loved how Jakks was doing the ringside personnel...their one of the only companies that did that with wrestling figures I mean they made Jim Ross, Jim Cornette and more :)

Here's this great Australian Commodore 64 commercial. The woman in the video thumbnails is nice ;) At 0:13 he reminds Me of Myself there from long ago :) This is got such a catchy 80s song :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions