Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:02 pm

Cool, I'd like to see him someday. Looks like you're missing a letter or a - in that youtube post.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:14 am

I'm not sure when, it will take some work to fix him up and all that. I've been thinking about making a "My Kaiju Collection Topic" over the past year or so and since we've been talking about all of this Kaiju stuff it kinda sparked Me of wanting to do it again...I got plenty of monster figures to show I know that. I'll see if I'll green-light it or not :)

I never seen that Be Like Mike Gatorade commercial before, that was pretty good.

Oh I know what I did wrong...no biggie ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:13 am

Godzilla shop! They recently opened an official Godzilla store online that I first saw on twitter. I haven't ordered anything, but it's fun to look. https://godzilla.com/pages/store

I actually just bought a Godzilla shirt from Kohl's so I can wear it when the new movie comes out at the end of the month.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:43 am

Oh that sounds great that that your getting prepared for the movie and I can,t believe its next month already. Yeah, I never experienced that Godzilla store back in the day but I'm aware of it. It sure looks different now but oh yeah, seeing Godzilla and Kaiju toys is always a joy. I loved it in the 2000s especially when Godzilla: GMK came out in 2001. Oh man those figures were so visually stunning. I had a chance to get all four them for a decent price but I didn't take it :roll: There was a lot of times I could have gotten other Kaiju figures too and oh man don't get Me started about the Godzilla 2000 vs. Orga set & the Godzilla vs. Megaguirus set :x Now with that being said I am glad that I was smart at getting all of the Godzilla Complete Works & Gamera Bandai Memorial Box Set & Konami sets. That is still one of the best purchasing decisions I have made when it comes to toys & collectibles :)

Oh Toxic Crusaders. They were very good figures. I have some of them. Playmates made them the same size and nearly the same way as their TMNT. Back in the day I always crossed them over together because they matched so well. About a month or so ago I got out My TMNT & TC. I want to showcase them but it will take time to get everything together. It's always good to see them in commercials :)

I posted this Sega CD commercial the other day but this is way better quality ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:08 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:39 am

Man those Titan Tech Titans look great in a very good commercial :) They seriously remind of Trendmasters' great Power Up Kaijus from their remarkable Godzilla Wars. I have Godzilla & Rodan of this series. Here's the awesome commercial :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:13 pm

Yep, pretty much the same idea. the more things change...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:53 am

Indeed. Gosh, the Get Along Gang was pretty good but I never really got into them but I never saw that Get Along gang Montgomery Moose commercial before which that was really cute :)

Here's the Sega Sports Pack commercial, I recall seeing this on TV like it was last week :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:06 pm

I didn't watch The Get Along Gang much, but I remember it being on Saturday Mornings, pretty early. Probably 7 or 8 AM. They were way too kiddie for me even back then. They made the Smurfs look like The Inhumanoids by comparison, lol. They originally started out on a fledgling Nickelodeon, but eventually CBS aired the first season.

Two fer today because this brought back sooooooooo many memories of having these in our bathroom. That's why I love doing this thread, I come across things I'd forgotten even existed or hadn't thought about in decades!

Addendum: Just looked and The Get Along Gang aired on CBS at 8:30AM in 1984-85, in between The Shirt Tales and The Muppet Babies, both shows I watched often. But at 8:30 ABC had SuperFriends on so guess what I would be watching! Of course, The Snorks were on NBC at 8, and I probably watched that more than the Shirt Tales. Thank goodness for the USA Cartoon Express re-airing all these great shows in later years!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:37 am

Well I'm glad you checked for that history PB, good trivia there :) I never seen neither of those Smurfs commercials before :shock:

Here's this Commodore 64 Commercial from 1984, 40 years ago this year :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions