Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:36 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:16 am

I never seen that one either which is great however I know them games. The first one was Godzilla: Great Monster Battle. It was exclusive to Japan and for the Famicom which is the Japanese version for the SNES so I was never able to play it. That would have been fun as it was a fighting a game. Now the second one is Super Godzilla for the SNES. That's the one I showed the other day that Bagan is in. It's a great one and both of these games & commercial is from the Heisei Era too :)

OK, the other day you saw My NFL Quarterback Club for the Sega Genesis 32X and you read how much I love that add-on for the console...here's it's first commercial which this is really radical :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:40 pm

Yeah, not sure why I really don't recall these at all.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:32 am

Oh yes, I have that game for the PS4, it's arguably the best Godzilla game ever made and one of the greatest period :!: That was the intro for it, I'd play the game so much and see that...it's such an awesome one. I love how it is Heisei heavy. That was Spacegodzilla there fighting King Ghidorah:smwink: I also love how they made it to coincide with the 2014 MonsterVerse Godzilla and as you saw how much larger he is compared to the Toho Godzilla...like I said before, the MonsterVerse/Legendary Titans dwarf the originals :o If your son doesn't have this game or knows about...PB show him...if he loves Godzilla and monsters, this will open a new window for him, he won't want to stop playing it and there's so much to do accomplish in it as well and it has a big lineup of Kaijus ;)

I think you didn't see or know about it PB is because it was poorly advertised and it always got a bad wrap :roll: I rented first at My Holly Hills Blockbuster and it was not a success with them either :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here's the second commercial :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:46 pm

Nope, don't recall any of that. I thought maybe because I'd moved on to the Playstation by then, but that hadn't even come out in Japan until 1994, so I guess it just wasn't on my radar. If we had a PS4 I'm sure he'd want it, but he has an Xbox One.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:08 am

I thought you said you have a PS4 also? I thought you said you have XBOX ONE, PS4 & Switch :? I guess I misunderstood that :?:

That's a good Godzilla Game. I got that for the XBOX 360. There's a lot of monsters in it. It's a sequel to Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee...see if you can post the commercial for that one :) I also have the first one for NES too ;)

Here's another Sega Genesis 32X commercial. I have all of those games that is advertised here. Notice the quick moment of NFL Quarterback Club there ;) Also that Slam City one there is one I'm going to showcase soon ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:02 pm

Those Xbox games are pricey, I thought of buying them but they're a bit much for my taste. They look fun, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:18 am

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee is very good :) Yes, they can be. When I got into My XBOX 360 in 2014, 10 years ago this year I got them when they were still good prices. Their older and maybe able to be backwards compatible for XBOX ONE if you can find them cheap :) If you buy older games be sure to check if they are backward compatible because back then I made a mistake about that and it wasn't fun :x Not all games are backwards compatible for XBOX 360 & XBOX ONE. There's one more you haven't posted that I have...it's Godzilla: Monster of Monsters for the NES :)

Here's this Sega Genesis 32X Commercial :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:49 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:05 am

I never seen that Godzilla Hitachi Commercial before. Clearly 90s Heisei and that was actually pretty cool especially since he shad his iconic roar there :)

Here's a compilation of Sega Genesis 32X Commercials. I couldn't find the ones I was looking for singly but this was the only way. Just browse thru it...there's even some regular Sega Genesis commercials including NFL Quarterback Club ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions