Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:02 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:58 am

Oh that was good, I love to see commercials like that as thems were the days when Godzilla movies were rare to find at video rental outlets and stores. This was during the time when Godzilla was starting to get more exposure in the US thanks to Sony as this spawned a series collection of films. I believe it started in 1994, 30 years ago this year. I know because I have some of them VHS movies with those same covers. It was awesome seeing this then when monster stuff was coming back :)

Here's this Steak 'n Shake, gosh I loved it when they brought in their new shakes ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:42 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:31 am

The Godzilla Force was cool but I never got any of the human figures. Back then I only wanted the Kaijus but over time I regret not getting them :roll: Still it's wonderful seeing Trendmasters' Godzilla figures in commercials :)

OK, so today is Super Bowl Sunday. I posted a special NFL Quarterback Club Showcase. It's the Sega Genesis 32X version. My showcase is quite grand and looks wonderful. You can check it out here---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post50806.html#p50806

While your at it or when you have time as bonus, a while ago I showcased Out of this World/Another World & it's sequel Heart of the Alien. AcidDragon already replied so if your interested you can go here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post50682.html?hilit=Out%20of%20this%20World#p50682

Here's the commercial for the Amiga version :blmm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:09 am

Never heard of Another World besides the soap opera, lol. I do remember playing that football game. There were so many back in the day, but it was tough to top Madden and TecmoBowl. NFL Sportstalk with Joe Montana was pretty good, too.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:43 am

Acid knew it. Like I said in My showcase, it was one heck of a game and the 20th Anniversary version is incredible. I'll show gameplays and stuff in My other video game topic in time. Oh yeah, I'm sure there was a ton of great football games. I do recall the Joe Montana one and I think I did play it once. Even though I'm not a footballer, I showcase NFL Quarterback Club 94/95 for the Sega Genesis 32X...this is one & only Football game that I have but I showcased it in a grand way as I present how darn cool & fun it was back then and I'm one of the very few people doing so :)

That was cool Bo Jackson and "The Boz" showed up too :o

Gosh I miss the days when restaurants were creative back in the day...these shakes were so good and only Steak 'n Shake did this that I know of :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:57 pm

That's a concept I've never seen before.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:02 am

I recall seeing that Madden 93 commercial :)

Yes, it was so good :batwink: Here's this one from 2003 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:52 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:20 am

That Atari Football had a good commercial and a bit of history. Jim Huether designed the Atari 5200 and Atari 8-bit ports, sound, graphics and the whole nine...he even did the the manual himself. See like I said in My showcases for My EA games for Commodore 64...you didn't need a thousand people in 3 different locations making a game then like you do for today's games. So, when it was time for him to test out the game and to demonstrate it...who did he have to show it to :? It was none other than Steven Spielberg plus the senior management of Atari :o Spielberg is got a little history even with video games...just like Lucas does :shock:

OK, while I posted the original version of this before, here is Master Sensei in this Steak 'n Shake commercial with a different ending with a Valentine's twist ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions