Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:31 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:44 am

Oh man the Shogun Godzilla figures were something else. Even then there wasn't any movies around this time of him, he was still popular. Those Mattel Godzilla figures are very iconic and sought after :)

Here's this Steak 'n Shake commercial from 2004, 20 years ago this year :)

I found a couple more I trying to post them as much as I can ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:15 pm

I had that Godzilla though I had no idea what a Shogun Warrior was back then and never owned them. That Godzilla was fun to play with even with the spring launching arm making no sense, lol. I remember we used to try and catch his tongue when someone stick it out, we were probably 5 or younger back then. When I saw how much it was worth on Toy Hunter years ago I really regretted not having it still. I couldn't tell you what happened to it or where it went. I think at some point we lost the hand and the tongue stopped working for some reason that had nothing to do with what I mentioned above, lol. I assume he just got tossed at some point.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:28 am

That's a good story there PB despite you don't know what happen to him :) Shogun Warriors was before My time a bit so I never got into it however I can totally relate to the Vintage Japanese design, they look a little like Daitarn 3 & Voltron mixed together especially their color schemes in a way.

Here's this Steak 'n Shake, I was supposed I found this one from 2006, I saw this a ton of times during Cardinals games ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:58 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:59 am

Yes, that's one of the Vintage Voltron figures that I showcased and they are so cool :) Gosh, 1984, 40 years ago this year :o

Here's this Steak 'n Shake commercial. This is really good.

Here's a note. This made Me recall this. Every now and then back in the late 2000s - mid 2010s I'd see a young black guy dressed up in his Steak 'n Shake uniform like you saw in the video above. He'd be walking every day in the morning toward Morgan Ford and coming home late at night the way he came. I never encountered him that I know of. He must have worked at the Gravois/Hampton/Germania location that is now a Car Wash but perhaps he did work at the one on Chippewa & Kingshighway location, the one I went to for My Birthday. I believe I stopped seeing him walking up and down the street when 2020 hit but anyway, this made Me recall that ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:16 pm

Probably shutdown from Covid and never went back.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:46 am

Oh no, I failed to mention again about the business fiasco that Steak 'n Shake did onto their-selves that I talked about for My B-Day so I think that was cause, I believe the one on Gravois was already gone by time Covid happen. Now if he worked at the one I went for My B-day it is possible they closed for a while and if that's true then he worked there which you could be right about that and that's why I didn't see him anymore PB cause you saw how much the place changed compared to all of these commercials that I've shown thus far :roll:

Here's this one...I like how this is inspired by 007 James Bond. This is one of their last commercials before the downfall.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:29 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:14 am

That was a good BK Commercial from the 2005 king Kong. That was a great film and I have a lot of merchandise from that movie but darn it, those from BK eluded Me but seeing that was really cool :)

I found couple more Steak 'n Shake, here's this one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions