Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:43 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:52 am

I never knew about that Silly Soccer by Hasbro. Gosh that was 2003, the kids were having fun there :)

This maybe is the last Von Erich commercial, I gotta see later if there's anymore. The volume is low. This is Kerry's hotline and you can ask him ANYTHING for 95 cents per minute :o :? :lol: :batshock: :wwwink: :smsmh:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:45 am

Man, I'd love to hear the questions he got asked, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:22 am

Oh Me too :o

How about that John Elway Vortex Mega Flight commercial. Gosh 1996. This was actually a howler ball at first. It was originally made by OddzOn Products Inc. whom made the Koosh Balls that I showcased in My Odds & Ends a long while back. I loved those and still do...so fun & nice to feel. Hasbro took them over (yes, them too :roll: around this time in 96 or so and rebranded it into their NERF line since Kenner really didn't have control of it any more. The commercial is sweet and classic however ;)

OK, I found at least a one more Von Erich after this. I never knew about this one and I would have loved have this and this is a great commercial too :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:09 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:00 am

Holy game cartridge, I'm really not sure if I knew MaxiVision or not. It's possible I did back then and wanted it but My Grandma couldn't afford it I mean 3 payments of $49.95 :o That's a lot...sure it's 30 games and it's like a new system and you don't have to buy a system buy when your payments are done it's kinda like you did buy a new console. Besides, this was 1992, many people were moving on to the SNES and/or Genesis while only some was still loyal to the NES only like years prior. I see this commercial now and I can tell ya, I wouldn't have been into those games back then but now it might be a different story and having the MaxiVision Cartridge itself would be one heck of a collector's piece. I love compilation games, those Atari & Sega ones are tremendous and kids today need to play those. Those kids in the commercial were good. Oh, that was something, out of the blue Hulk Hogan shows up and he's in he WGF aka the World Gaming Federation and it ends with him and I'm like he's totally uncredited there :o That was great one PB :)

Here's a second version of the Von Erich VHS Tape ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:27 pm

Never heard of it either, but I stumbled on it and saw the Hulkster in it so thought I'd post it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:20 am

How about that ;)

Gosh I never knew Play Co. That place looked fun :shock: That was something how they crossed over Super Powers & Secret Wars in 1985 :o That was dandy :batwink: :wwshock: :smwink:

OK, that's it for the Von Erich Commercials for now. You saw that I went to Steak 'n Shake for My Birthday and you saw enough to know how they are in My pics. Well here's a fine commercial that found from 2001 that I saw many times when I watched Cardinals Games on Fox Sports Midwest (Steak 'n Shake was a huge sponsor of The Cardinals in the 90s & 2000s!). This commercial will show you how they were back then in the 2000s, a little beyond and before. Yes, like she's holding the menu, that was a great thing when you eat there you got their great big, great feeling menus! They don't dress like that anymore either. Oh and watch how the commercial begins...welcome to Box Burger...Steak 'n Shake NEVER used boxes...now you saw in My pics that the Steakburgers are IN BOXES...what the heck happen to them :roll:

NOTE: Steak 'n Shake really never had Happy Meals and stuff like that but kids used to go there a lot and I have many memories of fun times when there when I was a youngster and when I got older as I have expressed My times oh and My Grandma loved their Chili ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:51 pm

Nearest one is in Erie Pa, drove past it many times but never stopped since we used to hit Chick Fil A before they moved into this area, Golden Corral, Eat n Park.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:45 am

Shame you never had a Steak'n Shake experience, they were like no other but more on that in a sec. I actually never knew about Kenner's Ice Bird, that looked really fun and those kids seemed like they were having a lot of it ;)

OK, well even if you drove there and went there now, you wouldn't get that Steak 'n Shake experience of the past. As you saw in My B-Day Special, they take credit ONLY via a kiosk and has no waiters and you do everything yourself and they taste different :o Now here's this commercial I'm very familiar with, it too was on many times during Ball Games. First the waitress here is actually Heather Donahue from 1999's Blair Witch Project :? Back when it first was at the theaters we were supposed to believe that the movie was real..how when the star of the film was in a Steak 'n Shake commercial a year prior :o So with that out of the way watch how this begins...Scenes from a Workaurant! Steak 'n Shake has become hippocrates, their doing everything now that they were against long ago just like I showed you Boxburger yesterday...again SNS never put their burgers in boxes...always in wrappers :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Listen to what she says and does...THAT'S how Steak 'n Shake used to be :batwink:

I seen at least a couple more I'm familiar with, I'll post a good one tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions