Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:50 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:07 am

OK PB, I know I'm behind so we go.

Trivial Pursuit: Never saw that commercial before and cool trivia you posted. I always wanted to get into the game but it was more for adults and My parents and such and couldn't play it, I got older and things changed and lost interest in it all together :roll:

Starting Lineup: Ah, this is one of the many, many reasons why I love Kenner/Tonka over most toy companies back in the day. While I was never a football fan nor got any of these figures, that ad is pure classic! While I always liked it, I didn't get into Baseball as a huge fan till 98 but I did get some MLB Starting Lineups back then in 90 - 94 but not that many. I took pics of them months ago already, just haven't posted them yet but I will in time ;)

Never saw that Marvel commercial either, that is really cool! I got into DC first in the later 80s then Marvel in late 89 and off and on throughout the 90s but I do have a lot of Marvel comics from that time :o

I had commented on the Wuzzles on your toon topic before. This is really cool, I only had the figures from that ad and still haven't located them yet :roll: I'll tell ya again, My Grandma took Me to her great friend's shop, her name was Annie Burke (she was a wonderful person) and she had the Wuzzles figures and I was interested in them and My Grandma got Me all she had (big stores like Venture, K-Mart & Target didn't have them) and they were fading out elsewhere like TRU. This brought back them memories :)

Well, I'm caught up for for. I will see about posting My own soon again, been thinkin' of some stuff. Cool entries PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:17 pm

No one likes to play trivia games with me anymore. I may've had a Wuzzle stuffed animal, but not much else. BTW, is it only me that thinks Bumblelion looks like Waldorf?

ImageImage
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:35 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:03 pm

Nope, I see it too, they look A LOT a like...coincidence :?

That looks fun but I never saw that Pizza game commercial, in fact I don't think I ever knew about it :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 pm

Really? That's another song that as soon as I heard it on youtube the words came back to me. I spent entirely too much time in front of a TV as a kid.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:46 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:52 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:33 am

Back to the Pizza one, I re-watched it and listed carefully and while the song is still not ring'in a bell, there is another song that I heard somewhere that sounds a lot like it, not sure which one :?

OK, your new ones: Oh boy Toxic Crusaders, I used to loved them guys. I got several of them back in the day over at Venture back in 90. They were on the pegs next to the original TMNT series and since they were also made by Playmates I crossed them over with the TMNT as they are in scale with them. While I have a huge original vintage & reboot 2003 TMNT collection (they all can cross over with exceptions!), I only have a few Toxies however. Over the years I regretted not getting more but oh well :roll: They were really fun back in the day. I have My collection out but never took pics yet as I considered them all 90s & 2000s cause I'm still in the 80s within My Vintage Action Figure Topic, soon in time I'll make a big showcase of them :o

That's a great SW commercial, I actually posted that a while back when I showcased My SW Arcade Game version for My Sega Genesis 32X. By the way, Not to long after that, I showcased the awesome WWF Wrestlefest 91 Arcade Game as well as T2 the Arcade game. If you have't seen it in My Video Game topic then please visit it soon, its from a real cool time. I plan on showcasing more classic wrestling games in the near future too!

---------------------------------------------------

OK PB, here is My little entries.

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, never had this, always wanted it and it's been on My mind for some reason :?

Karate Fighters: Now these guys I have actually have. I only have the 2 guys in the first commercial but that's ok, their really the 2 main characters in the series. I found out about these guys thru the WWF Magazine in 95, that's when My Mom got Me them I believe for that very Christmas in that year. The WWF would still be in a partnership with Hasbro of this series till 97.

Speaking of the WWF, it was always a big deal cause it was like every month for a In Your House and big event was sponsored by Karate Fighters but they really made a big deal with an actual tournament that was all Sunny and it happen in 1997, 25 years ago this year!

That's it for now, hope you like it :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:02 am

Nice, I never owned the original Battlebots. I've bought it for my kids, but games today aren't the same. They're smaller and much more cheaply made. And more expensive. I did however have this version when I was young:

Never saw those Karate Fighters, crazy what WWF would do in the "down years".

Supposed I should do a TRA commercial then, so...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions