Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:29 am

How about that, I really recall that Looney Tunes Drink Mix but I don't ever recall having it it. In fact It's in My Vintage MOTU Magazines that I planned on showcasing for an Halloween entry :o That is really cool to see that again PB ;)

OK, I just showcased My Hardball Commodore 64 & Sega Genesis Video Games here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48683.html#p48683 Check it out when when you have time. Now I couldn't find a Commodore 64 commercial but this Atari one is very close to how Mine is so I can really relate to it and yes that "The Wizard" Ozzie Smith :)

I'll post the actual gameplays in My other Video Game topic in time ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:33 pm

My friend had Hardball for his computer, probably a Commodore. I never saw an Atari one. I talked about the SEGA Genesis one which is one of my favorite baseball games ever.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:41 am

Well that's cool. Sorry, I didn't recall you said about Hardball, now I will remember ;) I'll post gameplays of My versions in little while so be on the look out for it ;)

That John Madden looked pretty good. That was EA Sport's second year in the series in 1993, 30 years ago this year as they started in 1991. Madden Football games in that series still continues as I speak. I only have 1 Football game which is Acclaim's NFL Quarterback Club for the Sega Genesis 32X. I'll showcase that when it's Super Bowl time ;)

Here's this Troy Aikman SNES game. I rented this a couple times a while back from Star Video and while it was a decent game I really never could get into it nor really play it. However I loved the commercials as they were quite memorable because Jimmy Johnson stole Aikman's brain :o :wwshock: :smgasp: :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:33 am

I never played that one.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:45 am

I see. It was for Genesis too but I'm not sure if I played it on there since I wasn't crazy about the SNES version.

Oh yes, while I never played the Joe Montana games, I recall seeing those commercials as well as ads like in Sears Wish Book and stuff like that. This is really the only reason I knew who Joe Montana is really. Even though I'm not a Footballer, it's always great & fun seeing this classic stuff PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:12 am

I had the Sportstalk Joe Montana for Genesis. I cans till hear the announcers voice, "The quarterback brings them out of the huddle...gets the ball...going deep...no, he dropped the ball..I can't believe it. The rain is beginning to come down harder..."

Lol, to think how games are now.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:51 am

Great reminiscing there PB ;) Yep, Parker Brothers originally made NERF before they branched off of Kenner and that was a cool NERF Football commercial :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:34 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:48 am

I never knew about Operation Shrek but it makes since it was Hasbro, cool PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:06 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions