Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:24 am

I can tell they were good, I bet it was really fun shopping or just looking around at Hills :)

Yep, see, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs had figures & video games too. I never got any of them figures by Tyco however I kinda regret it along with their really cool and misunderstood Double Dragon figures too. There was a lot of figure series's in the 90s especially 93 & 94 that I regret not getting :roll:

Gosh, I never got any of Kenner's Knight Rider figures either, I just too darn young like I was only 2/3 years young but thank goodness I was wise enough to want Kenner's SW: POTF 1, however, I do have a really awesome 1/18 RC2 ERTL JoyRide - Knight Rider KITT Pontiac I got in the 2000s. Anyway them Kenner Knight Riders looked sweet :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:14 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:37 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:36 am

Ah man, Pound Puppies :o I loved them guys. I had so much fun with them back in the day. Honestly I have been looking for them off and on for a long time and most of the year with no luck finding them :roll: I had quite a bit of them and they were some of Tonka's finest :!:

Gosh, I remember when Hardee's was really different and trying to win people over. In My Vintage Action Figure topic I showcased their GhostBlasters along with the cool commercial, well they also had Pound Puppies and they were My faves and they even had Pound Kittens too, I think it was the only way gettin' these cute guys back then. Man I miss'em. I hope to find them sometime soon!

I didn't know about the XL Talking Computer :o That looked fun and may have been revolutionary at the time.

Cool entries PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:46 pm

No Hardee's anywhere around here. Saw a bunch driving down to Myrtle Beach, but didn't stop at any.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:19 pm

Wow, that brought back memories :) I had some Care Bears plushes and figures long ago but have no clue as to where they are :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Mu sister had a bunch I may or may not have played with occassionally.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:29 pm

Interesting trivia:

In October 1984, Fred L. Worth, author of The Trivia Encyclopedia, Super Trivia, and Super Trivia II, filed a $300 million lawsuit against the distributors of Trivial Pursuit. He claimed that more than a quarter of the questions in the game's Genus Edition had been taken from his books, even to the point of reproducing typographical errors and deliberately placed misinformation. One of the questions in Trivial Pursuit was "What was Columbo's first name?" with the answer "Philip". That information had been fabricated to catch anyone who might try to violate his copyright
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:37 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:49 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions