Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:35 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:46 am

They always made a big deal out of Back to School commercials which back in the day I hated to see those commercials because it was like...already :roll: So here's this classic Sears one :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:22 am

I like to point out the back to school supplies to my kids whenever we walk into a store, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:31 am

Great Fruity Pebbles there with Baseball Cards! I love how he talks here, he made the commercial sound quite big & darn near epic!

NOTE: My Baseball Cards + more showcase will come soon!

Yeah, that's really something to tease about so here more, this one is from 1996 :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:59 am

Lol, I remember those.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:57 am

Cool :) That was a great fun Hogan Cheerios Commercial :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:16 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:36 am

That was a great toy that LJN had there, I never knew about that but since I wasn't really into Baseball till 98 I'm not sure if i would have wanted even though it was by LJN. Right now if I had the extra money I want to get one MIB!

This kinda reminds Me of Myself in school back in the day in the early 90s for a couple reasons :) 1. Because I always wanted the cool new pencils, pens & erasers, binders & folders and all that stuff and the classmates is like oh wow, where did you get those and asking all about it and 2. I had the girlfriends, I would have seriously hit on that brunette girl had she'd been in My class in this classic commercial from 2000 and really that teacher was quite nice as well :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:04 am

Yeah, I'd never seen that LJN toy either.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:42 am

That Toy World was really good PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions