Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:35 am

Happy 31st Birthday to Sonic the Hedgehog :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:51 pm

Speaking of SEGA, they've announced that they're doing a second SEGA Genesis mini console based on the SEGA Genesis II which is awesome for me because that was the one I had. It's going to have a different batch of games and will have a more powerful processor than the previous model so it will feature both Genesis AND SEGA CD games! Can't wait. In addition, it will have an optional SEGA CD attachment add on that does absolutely nothing except make it look like you have a miniature SEGA CD attached. Obviously I'm getting it anyway.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:41 am

That sounds awesome Acid and the bonus display sounds cool :) Hopefully the titles will be decent cause Sega CD had some great ones :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 am

PB, your word game made Me greenlight to quickly say about this. I don't know if you pay attention to your kids when they play multiplayer games and stuff or if they talk to you about it or elsewhere but have you noticed how all of these screen names are trending with the same name for years now? I mean it seems like nobody wants an original one or some awesome name anymore :roll: What I'm talking about is I'm always playing with people called Dub, Monkey, Bear, Potato, Darth, Smurf, Zombie, Cat, Wolf, Wulf, Dog, Dawg etc. So many people are called Young especially Yung. It seemed like for months everybody was named Sebas & Diego and of course J, Jey or Jay seems to be the one right now as I speak, in fact I think I have played with more Jays than even Monkies or even DUBS :lol: :o :? . Beast & Ninja have become really ridicules and Toxic especially has. Oh and let's not disregard OG & G-Money. There's so many others. It's just nuts :!: I have played with some interesting ones however but maybe I'll save that later. I just wanted to see if you noticed this or not and just wanted point it out here ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:43 am

Dang, amazing how this topic just dropped off :roll: Anyway, I saw these 2 commercials for a while back last month and been meaning to ask this, is your kids interested in these games or want them PB for Christmas :?:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:01 am

Splatoon my son got for his birthday in September. My younger 9 year is getting his first game system, an X-Box One for Christmas. Before that he had our Wii in his room, but my mother-in-law bought him an X-Box so I got him some racing games, and a couple different Sonics. Hopefully they're good, because I don't really know. I got him Nascar Ignition, a racing game called Grid Legens, Spongebob Battle of Bikini Bottom, Sonic Forces, and Sonic Mania. They were buy 2 get 1 free.

Rabbids, btw, was a pretty funny cartoon maybe five years or so ago. I really liked watching it with my kids.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:32 am

Oh well that's cool. Gosh. So amazing that a 9 year old is getting an X-Box :o Dang, I don't think I knew that you had a Wii, you never really talked about it :? You could have here with this topic. I don't know about those games however remember earlier on I talked about ALL OF THE SONIC games, you could go by that to know if their good or not ya know ;) Again, Sonic Forces is good as its a story driven, cinematic game while Sonic Mania is a classic styled one that is quite a continuation of the old school ones in the 90s.

I am not familiar with the Rabbids, ever since they "had to" discounted the Wii U I have really stopped following the current stuff.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:03 am

Eh, I would've been about 7 when I got my first game system, the NES, so he's actually a couple years behind, lol. Yeah, we have a Wii but it's not really anything we've played much in years. Years. But we put it in his room and bought a couple cheaper games for him last year.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:47 am

Shame you never really gave your Wii a chance. I know it can be different with the remote and stuff but gosh it could still be quite fun ;) Oh yeah, I was about that age too, like 6 or 7 when I got My NES. Don't forget I was gamer before that playing My Mom's Commodore 64. I was just thinking how these game systems are now and so high tech compared to our day. Its hard for Me to picture a 9 year old kid getting an XBOX One that is a very complicated system instead of the simple plug in cartridge & play instantly kind of deal like a NES. Then again seems like today's kids in a way are more techi then us veterans were/are.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:14 am

Oh, Wii played the Wii a lot when we first got it. It was a fun party system when friends came over. And my kids will still play bowling and baseball on occasion.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions