Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:15 am

Mothra vs. Godzilla was a good one. It's also known as Godzilla vs. The Thing :shock: It came out in 1964. Like I said, i never seen the Mothra series of films from the 90s. Mothra is really a great Kaiju. She has always been good monster, never neutral, always for peace. When I see nice Moths outside I think of Mothra sometimes, pick them up and look at their eyes & colors and of course let them free. This movie was actually her second appearance. She had her own film in 1961. She was actually the 5th Kaiju of Toho...Godzilla was first, Anguirus was 2, Rodan was 3 and Varan was 4th. King Ghidorah was the 6th and his first movie acted as a sequel to Mothra vs. Godzilla. I love the music in all of them. The Godzilla theme is so tremendous. I adore the Mothra theme as well. Akira Ifukube composed most of the music for all of the films. He's one of the most legendary composers ever and the movies would so much less exciting without his music. The same goes for any film but especially a Godzilla film.

Well, here's the sequel to the first Godzilla..it came out in 1955. It was called Godzilla Raids Again and this was Anguirus' first appearance...he' always been known at the second Kaiju and he really one of My favorites.

In the USA it was called Gigantis the Fire Monster. I was able to get the super awesome VHS at My K-Mart when I was a youngster...in fact that's how I first knew about the movie because at the time in the mid 80s it was a very rare film to see and maybe one day I'll showcase it along with My other Godzilla movies :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:15 pm

That's one thing that confused me when I was a kid. There were so many Godzilla VHS tapes and they all had different titles for the same film, lol. It's not like I could google search them in the 80s.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:07 am

Really many movies have alternate titles, many times their usually for International reasons. I haven't seen Godzilla Minus One yet. It looks spectacular but I'm kinda bummed as it's another reboot :roll: I was hoping they were going to make a sequel to Shin Godzilla from 2016. It too was a reboot yes but I got really excited about it. It has some of the most incredible scenes in it, used the original Godzilla music plus new cues and it had one heck of an ending that clearly was setting up an insane sequel...now it ain't happening :roll: Here's the trailer to Shin Godzilla :)

Here's a few great cues from the film by Shiro Sagisu:)

I was kinda surprised that they used this when he came ashore in such a dynamic scene because this is the Terror of Mechagodzilla's theme by Akira Ifukube :o It's really one of My favorites of all Godzilla music :)

I've always liked Japanese music, their movie scores can be quite fun :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:19 pm

Didn't know either of those movies existed until now. I didn't pay much attention to Godzilla movies for years, but my son really likes them now so...

I did watch some of Minus One yesterday from a pirated copy someone put online. It looks pretty good.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:09 am

Oh Godzilla is always great, just as fun as Star Wars and the like once you follow it ;) That's good that he's into Godzilla, there's nothing like being a Kaiju fan ;) Shin Godzilla got a fair amount of hype on the web. I really didn't see much at all for Godzilla Minus Zero however but then again this is 2024, not 2016 when I really kept up with things.

I never knew about Notzilla. That ,looked nuts. I liked that joke..."It looks Reptilian, maybe it's Democrat" and the Legendary one too :shock:

OK, so today is Groundhog Day...I posted a lot in the Zen Topic but here's this...I posted Groundhog movie stuff before but I never knew about till very recently :? From Sony's Youtube " Apr 10, 2020 • Seeing 20/20 and yep, it’s still #GroundhogDay. ⏰ Show us your Groundhog Day using #MyGroundhogDay and #GroundhogDayChallenge!" What the heck in 2020 of all years :batconfused: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm

They don't look like they've aged a bit, though I get a sense of deja vu like I've already seen that movie before, lol.

I think we did Action Jackson before, but I don't care. It's an very underrated 80s movie. It's a shame they didn't make sequels or a TV series.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:31 am

Yes, when I saw that trailer I was like holy crap, it's looks identical with a vintage logo that they never used...really weird :shock:

Here's the original trailer so you can compare it ;)

See, that was great and to Me that is one of things I was talking about before...all the things they could make with such missed-opportunities :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:17 pm

Well, at least we get an early Spring this year. Hopefully. We rewatched King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs Kong the past two days, and I enjoyed them more the second time around. I think watching some of the older Zilla movies first made it more enjoyable as I was a little more tapped into the continuity and history of the character, whereas when I watched them last year or so, I probably hadn't watched a proper Godzilla movie since probably the 90s. We're going to watch Shin Godzilla and Godzilla Minus One next.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:22 am

Good your seeing Shin Godzilla & Godzilla Minus One. Yes, watching the originals can make you appreciate the new ones more. Especially if you watch them in order and not out of sync, Godzilla 2014 & Kong: Skull Island come before G:KOTK and GVK. Now I had expressed before about G:KOTM in a topic that I created a while back that seriously needs to be updated which maybe I will soon. I'll say briefly a bit about the film again.

Before i talks about teh real stars which are the Titans, the humans are good with a fine cast. Kyle Chandler & Vera Farmiga is always puts on a decent job. Millie Bobby Brown is good from Stranger Things. She looks a lot like one of My girlfriends I had in school and even has her expressions...when I see her I think of Kelly, gosh I regret it so much not treating her better :roll: Bradley Whitford is actually ok, in facti really liked his role. Now My favorite is Charles Dance, he is without a shadow of a doubt THE human to pay attention too and is such a great bad guy. Oh and I like how they had Fenway Park and the Giant Green Monster play a big part here too :batwink:

One thing I should point out is that I adore that size of these Titans/Kaijus...they almost dwarf Toho's versions...I mean Our Godzilla is over 200 feet taller than many of Toho's versions and King Ghidorah's wingspan is over a 1000 feet :o

For starters, IMO, next to Return of Godzilla 1984/Godzilla 1985 or really tied with it is the greatest Godzilla film ever made. It had so much in it. Of course Godzlla was in it but so was King Ghidorah, Mothra & Rodan. As much as I dislike reboots, I truly welcome this one. This was actually a remake of sorts of 1965's Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster where Godzilla, Mothra & Rodan fought the false King. I mean seeing this aspect of the film was simple but let's see how this is done by Legendary. I think Godzilla looked even better than he did in 2014 and he was bigger too. I loved the way Mothra looked. Her eyes were gorgeous and thought the use of her "stinger" was so apropos. I really like the design of Rodan that he was more bird-like this time. King Ghidorah was outstanding. I loved how huge he was and his story that he predated all titans on Earth hence his name Monster Zero which I thought that was a clever use of his original name and that he is an alien that "fell" from the heavens as a false king...he's spreading his wings "awakening" the titans next to the cross was such a religious scene there :o So this also tells you that there is titans on other planets as well :batshock: :wwshock: :smwink:

Now before like I had said, it's got one of the most incredible endings ever seen. It's a scene that was lacking in ALL previous Godzilla films. He's called King of the Monsters but never, ever was he ever crowned King. Well in this film he was finally crowned "King" after he defeated Ghidorah. thanks to Mothra "resurrecting" him with her angelic essence, he became nuclear Godzilla...this is a nod to his final Heisei film appearance in 1995 in Godzilla vs. Destroyah when he was "Burning Godzilla". Motha is known to sacrifice herself in the previous movies by the way. So Godzilla actually became a "sadist" by melting Ghidorah's right & left heads and his wings but leaving his main head for last basically torturing him to death and Godzilla shook his own head like it was nothing :!: Many of the Titans that was awoken by him came just in time to see Godzilla defeat him and they all bowed down before him....the Behemoth, Scylla, Methuselah, the new female MUTO and especially Rodan! IMO this is the most important Godzillla scene in his entire history :!:

OK, now I want you to meet the composer of the film...his name is Bear McCreary. He doesn't look like a composer at all but some heavy metal guy oh but believe Me, he's as elite as all of the great ones like Goldsmith, Williams, Horner, Silvestri, Elfman and Barry. I've known him since he started out with the Sarah Connor Chronicles/Terminator TV Show in the 2000s. I was impressed with him then but the one that won Me over about him was his 2016 score to 10 Cloverfield Lane...that was so spectacular and then he did this Godzilla in 2019 and now I have put him within the best of the best category! Here's this short interview. Remember before how I said that 007 James Bond music is so important...well listen to what he says here about that and Godzilla :)

Now here's this super short but super spectacular recording sessions special as you see Bear conduct his own music (some composers don't..Elfman never has and he doesn't even look back on his own music, I've always had an issue about that!) which I love as it shows Me he cares about his own work and the materiel he's doing this for :) This video shows all of themes that he wrote for the monsters King Ghidorah & Rodan. Watch & listen to the Japanese choir :batwink: However, he used Mothra & Godzilla's iconic themes...he even did the Blue Oyster Cult one too :o I love that he did that and that he didn't ignore those points that made the originals what they became as Bear is a pure genius respecting the past. This is without a doubt just not one of the greatest Godzilla scores but movie scores in general :)

Now I see that you you said you saw Godzilla vs. Kong...if you post that I'll talk about that too :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:34 pm

I knew the name Bear McCreary sounded familiar. I thought it might be from The Walking Dead but turns out he did the 2000s Battlestar Galactica which was a terrific show.

Here you go....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions