Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:59 am

I never knew about that UNBELIEVABLE...that was quite different there :shock: ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:13 pm

It actually just debuted today, lol. I'll probably try to catch it eventually though it looks pretty low budget. The star is actually a local guy Scott Rubin and the longest tenured editor of National Lampoon.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:50 am

Oh well heck no wonder PB :shock: :lol: I never saw nor knew about Buffalo 66 either, it had it's 25th Anniversary last year and that looked quite usual ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:45 am

Buffalo '66 was pretty heavily promoted around here since Vincent Gallo is from Buffalo, it was a big deal. I remember it being ok but nothing I would watch again. I'm not sure you get a real good idea what the film is about from that trailer.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:52 am

I see and actually no, not exactly. I've actually never seen Bruce Almighty. It had it's 20th anniversary last year :shock: Yeah, still a time about boobs & booty there before things were changing which that was sweet there :batwink: That's about when HD DVD was starting as it showed at the end of the trailer.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Bruce Almighty was a movie everyone around here was excited for since it "takes place" in Buffalo. But Jim Carrey never actually came here to film anything, and a lot of the film didn't exactly look like scenes in Buffalo. It had it's moments, but nothing I'd watch again.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:14 am

Thanks for the trivia PB...

Image ;)

I actually never seen Saturday Night Fever either. One of the ones I never got too.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:38 pm

Yesterday we watched several Godzilla movies "Destroy All Monsters", "vs Mechagodzilla" and "The Terror of Mechagodzilla", and then today at Walmart they had a bunch of new Godzilla New Empire toys out, so...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:25 am

Well that's great. Good to hear you watched Godzilla movies. Cool that you went to walmart and saw those Godzilla toys...I always love to hear that...for so darn long I wanted a local Japaneses/Asian/Godzilla/Kaiju shop but never had one. Only Judy's Spectrum SuperStore was the closest things. It's always the same type of store that you really don't want and they never have the store you need :roll: Back to te films, soon I plan to make a marathon with ever single one like We did with 007 James Bond. I've seen them all except the Heisei Mothra series a couple others that was Toho but not Godzilla. Destroy All Monsters was such a great version. There's at least 2 different versions of it out there. The Mechagodzilla ones are great. I always found the scene where he fought Anguirus disturbing. The original Showa series of Godzilla is wonderful though the Heisei in the 80s & 90s is My favorite. Godzilla: The King of the Monsters has it's 70th Anniversary this year so Godzilla is now 70 years old :o It's good you watched some of the films. The first is quite dark. There was never a movie like it before. Only The Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1984/Godzilla 1985 rivals it's dark nature and IMO it is even darker. Don't forget I featured Godzilla 1984/85 in the Monster of the Day Topic FIRST because he was really My first monster that I knew. Here's 2 teaser trailers :)

I'll get to the Kaiju films soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:56 pm

Watched this one today...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions