Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:51 pm

Can't say that looks familiar though the trailer is missing.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:58 am

Gosh I don't know what happen...OK wait a minute for My correction. Ah Falling Down, it had it's 30th anniversary last year :o Did you notice that the trailer starts out with Danny Elfman's Bettlejuice :?: Surely you did :? ;) I saw Falling Down when it came on VHS which i believe We rented it at Star Video and I haven't seen it since. I was a flaky kid that didn't know any better. Now movies like that really interest Me. Me & My Mom saw a film that was similar played by Michael Douglas' Father, Kirk around Christmas time which is a Christmas film but one of those that very few if any associate with the Holiday. We were talking about Falling Down and how similar it was. I'll post that tomorrow ;)

OK...NOW tell Me did it show up and what do you think of the movie...Searching :?:

;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:11 pm

Looks interesting, and kind of frightening as a parent. Seen lot's of true crime shows about that kind of stuff.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:48 pm

Wow, what a coincidence. I literally just randomly watched Falling Down with my SO on Sunday and here you are talking about it. Haven't seen the other flick so definitely gotta give that a watch.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:37 am

PB - Yeah, it is I mean compare this time of kids to our's..really no comparison. If you see the film there's a big twist in it you won'y see coming :shock:

Acid - How about that...I didn't even reveal the title of it yet but in a minute I will ;)

Ah Ladybugs from 1992. That was a good one. I haven't seen it in ages however. I recall it was on a day when wrestling was on in the morning on a weekend cause otherwise I would sleep (wrestling was really the only thing I'd get for). Dangerfield was still great. I liked Jackée Harry, I though she was kinda stunningly cute in a way. This was still kind of an old fashion comedy and really one that is hardly talked about.

OK...now here's the Kirk Douglas film. My Mom discovered the film as it was free to watch on YT and We never knew about it. This was around Christmas and like I said, this is actually a movie that takes place on Christmas that most plebeians don't associate with as I had talked about other movies prior. It was nearing the end of the topics for the year so I decided to wait to talk and post about it till a moment like this arised thus here we are :shock: It came out in 1974...it's called Cat and Mouse aka Mousey :!:

So like I said, when We saw this we saw many similarities in this & Falling Down because it's about a man who just can't take it anymore and snaps not to mention that their real life Father & Son who are very much a like. One scene that got My attention was when Kirk hurt himself and he met a super nice ideal woman that had no clue WHAT he was becoming :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: Her name was Beth Porter :)

Beth Porter 3.jpg

So the film is a good classic and really kinda a head of it's time. I love to watch older films where everything is old school and you don't see everybody staring into a phone and all that. Here's the trailer :)

NOW, if you want to watch the film, it's FREE but I do NOT recommend to watch it on your phone or laptop. It's a real classic film that you want to see on your big screen TV that you want to get the full impact of so I recommend do a Roku, Smart Net TV, Game System with apps or something. It's only 1:24:57 and with time going by so fast these days to Me it only seemed a half hour or so which really the length of a movie never matters to Me especially if like I it, want more of it and want more for My buck :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:42 pm

Interesting, I actually have a copy of this movie but I haven't seen it yet. The DVD is called Cat and Mouse. I bought it a long time ago but it's in PAL and at the time, I didn't have a way to watch it but the Blu-Ray player I have now is region free (I discovered this after watching a PAL copy of Amityville III that didn't work on my old DVD player) so I should probably give it a watch. On Amityville III, the movie is OK but it's interesting as it features very young Lori Loughlin and Meg Ryan.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:47 pm

By the way, I watched Searching a couple years back and thought it was awesome. What a twist at the end. Everybody was on point with their acting in that flick and it was pretty cool seeing John Cho in a different role than some of his usual stuff.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:14 pm

Never heard of Cat and Mouse. Think I saw that Amityville and one point but don't really remember much about it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:48 am

PB - Well I gave the link if you want to see the classic film. I never saw Heathers...it just had it's 35th anniversary last year :shock: Yes, really not that long ago we talked about Amityville 3-D...it had it's 40th anniversary last year and I had said that I saw 1 - 3...I never seen the ones after the 3rd one so I couldn't tell you anything about them. 3-D is pretty good...I found it more horrific than the previous two. This was when 3-D was coming back for a short time as people didn't go gaga over it (which was a big shame) then like they did the 2000s when it came back.

Acid - Yes, back in the early days when I really didn't know what PAL was I hated it when stuff was/is PAL and it wouldn't work because of the region so I know what your talking about. I suggest you watch the Cat & Mouse movie...it's quite good and it takes place in upper state New York & Montreal...another reason to watch it ;) How about that...Yes like I said, Searching has a twist you won't see coming :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:40 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions