Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:39 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 am

I never saw nor knew about 98's Dirty Work...that looked like it was nutz :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:48 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:02 am

I recall seeing the previews of Screwed long ago in 2000 but I never seen it.

OK, yesterday, you read that I saw some movies for My Birthday week time in My Recent Acquirements Topic. One of those movies was RICOCHET :!:

It's a great one starring John Lithgow & Denzel Washington. It came out in 1991 and was one of the last rough movies like this. I mentioned big time about 91's Stone Cold with Brian Bosworth...soon I will about Brandon Lee's Showdown in Little Tokyo from 91 as well. I loved how hardcore this was. This was Washington's first big film. Lithgow is a tremendous bad@$$. You know I shown Cliffhanger a few weeks ago where he was a villain, well, he's really bad here :batwink: Ice-T has a good part in one of his first films. Mary Ellen Trainor is a reporter in it as well. It was a WB/HBO film. This is when HBO was really great. Here's the trailer :batsmile:

The music is by Alan SIlvestri. Now, think of his scores of Back to the Future, Predator & Roger Rabbit...did it :?: Good now watch the beginning titles to the film Ricochet and listen to his music and you can see his name in the credits. You'll be like holy crap, that sounds like Roger Rabbit :o Like I said before, Alan SIlvestri has always been a household name with Me & My Family since I was a youngster...he is so good :)

Also, Jesse "The Body Ventura" has a bit part as Chewalski. He looks awesome here :)

Jesse Ventura in 1991's Ricochet 1.jpg

Here's his two scenes in the film, if your unfamiliar with this movie then your gonna be surprised :wwwink: :smsmh:

That's it for now about 91's Ricochet...for now :batwink:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:16 pm

I saw that when it came out but couldn't tell you if I've seen it since. Certainly not recently.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:04 am

Well it's a good one :)

I never seen Quiz Show from 1994, 30 years ago this year. That looked good. That must have been one of Ralph Fiennes's first big roles. Cool that David Paymer from Howard the Duck & No Holds Barred appeared to have a big role there. Another directed by Robert "The Natural" Redford :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:24 pm

It's a good movie. I believe he was in Schindler's List just before it. And Wuthering Heights,

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:16 am

Yes, PB, you be correct ;)

The Avengers something but I've never seen the whole thing, maybe one day. Yes, Ralph was in this too as well. Uma Thurman and Sean Connery too. Amazing Uma was Poison Ivy a year prior.

The score was originally going to be the late great Michael Kamen but since the production had problems and tons of re-shots so much they needed a new score for the film and Kamen backed out since he had already worked hard on it. So they replaced him with Joel McNeely who did Shadows of the Empire two years before hand which is arguably the greatest Star Wars score ever IMO. I hate that happen to Kamen but his replacement was really a wise choice :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:48 pm

I will always know who wrote this book because someone read it in our English class for an assignment, and he had a stutter, so when he had to speak about it he mentioned the author was P-P-Piers P-P-Paul Reed.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:20 am

Oh well that is cool :)

I never saw 1993's Alive, only poster & trailers.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions