Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:31 am

Hot Tub was ok. I didn't think it was as funny as was reported, and certainly not something I'd watch over and over again like other comedies...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:09 am

I see. Oh now Tommy was really good. My Grandma wasn't huge on comedies but boy she liked Chris Farley. She thought David Spade ok. I had introduced her about him when he became a big star that he was on MTV and SNL and all that. She'd watch Farley anytime ;) Tommy Boy had some great moments and it was good that Brian Dennehy played his dad :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:34 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:32 am

Oh 1996's Black Sheep was arguably Farley's best. It had one nutty scene after another. I loved the "Fridge & The Plug scene. :lol: :batshock: :wwlol: :smsmh: Here's a great cue by William Ross that is from The Bat scene :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:32 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:32 am

Oh 1997's Beverly Hills Ninja. This was Chris Farley's last film but it was a great one. He really had the moves. I loved the double fish swords and his nun-chuck gags and oh the stripper scene was good too :lol: This maybe the first time I saw Chris Rock. There are two things here that I have always had a small connection of Mortal Kombat with...

1. The movie co-stars Robin Shou. He was in the two original Mortal Kombat films (95 & 97) as the main character Liu Kang. Robin is Farley's partner in this Beverly Hills Ninja movie ;) Robin had a slight comical side to himself in those MK films so it was quite apropos that he was in this...after this movie however it seemed like he just disappeared :roll:

2. The musical score is by George S. Clinton (no, he is NOT related to them!). He also did the first two original Mortal Kombat films :shock: Those scores were so neat & fun. His score here for Beverly Hills Ninja is comical but in a way it has that Martial Arts & Mortal Kombat vibe sound to it ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:16 pm

I hope he didn't disapper like Random Task...

https://www.bakersfield.com/news/austin ... ffc4c.html

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:32 am

Gosh, I didn't know that about him :o No, Robin is mostly doing stunts and had minor roles. What a coincidence you posted that about Random Task...George S. Clinton did the music for the Austin Powers Trilogy too :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

The Beverly Hill Cop movies are good...I think that was the first time I saw Eddie Murphy.

Here's a great cue that is co-written & co-performed by Harold Faltermeyer (The Running Man) & Bob Segar...listen to that wonderful guitar that starts at 5:13 :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:16 pm

I think BHC2 was the first time I saw Eddie Murray as well. I saw when it came out, and before I saw the first, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:19 am

Sometimes that happens and really I don't prefer that out of order stuff but I've done that Myself many times and I'm like what, this was a sequel...I gotta see the first one now:shock: That's one thing that I have about Star Wars...when it began we're right in the middle of it not really knowing what happen before or after. A lot of movies series are like that now with prequels and such. I'm still waiting for that prequel to Star Trek to see how it all really began :roll:

I never knew about 2016's Happy Birthday :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions