Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:50 pm

Very 80s. I saw Bloodsport on HBO as a kid, but really never followed it beyond that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:18 am

Bloodsport is a great one, such a classic. I hope you saw the cool Cliffhanger & Demolition Man trailers as well as Bischoff interviewing Stallone & Ventura there too...I just updated them with cool posters :)

OK, today is the last day of the anniversaries since it's New Year's Eve already :o Now today is a DOUBLE FEATURE :!: First up is...

OK, you saw & read My Willow showcases so there's not much to say other than I saw it in 1988, 35 years this year at the Kenrick with My Grandparents and even took My Tonka Willow figures with Me :)

So here's the epic trailers :)

The whole score is dynamic, like I said in My showcase, this is what My Grandpa PoPo was looking forward to the most when We went cause he loved the late great James Horner and he taught Me about him. Here's this totally excitingly fun cue called Escape From The Tavern :)

Next up is...

Me & My Mom saw it at Ronnies' 20 Cine Wehrenberg Theater in 2008, 15 years ago this year.

Like I said in My reply to you in My showcase, I haven't seen the Dial of Destiny yet. Maybe sometime later. I think maybe they should have ended it with this one because The Crystal Skull was one heck of a ride and it didn't disappoint either :) The trailer really doesn't give away much spoilers, there's a ton of stuff in it :scmm:

Now John Williams composed a totally eerie theme for the Crystal Skull, it's so haunting and it fits the scenes and the subject so well. Here it is :blmm:

OK, I plan on talking and spotlighting Indiana Jones more soon. There is one mention that is a must that also has it's 30th anniversary and that is...

Me & My Family saw it at the Kenrick in 93. Yesterday I showcased a big Anniversary special in My Odds & Ends with Jurassic Park plus a lot more great fun stuff :) I'm not posting much about it now in this Topic cause I wanted to spotlight the franchise in a special order.

However, also in that same great showcase I featured a lot of Godzilla 1998...

For now here's this New Year's Eve teaser since today is New Year's Eve and it is the film's 25th Anniversary from 1998 and yes Me & My Family saw it at the AMC Esquire :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:02 pm

The newest Idny is supposed to be pretty bad, but I guess your mileage will vary. Personally, the previews I saw the CGI looked pretty bad and what I read of the plot, it didn't sound like something worth seeing. I doubt I'll bother, but I never saw Kingdom of the Skulls either, so it wasn't high on my list of things to see anyway.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:55 am

I never did much research about how well Dial of Destiny was or anything by fans & critics, I do My own deciding if it;s good or not I like I do on just about any film. Well I recommend Crystal Skull especially if you know the real legends of the Crystal Skulls and/or seen the documentaries on History and whatnot. I have always found it very interesting since I was a youngster. I first found out about them in one of My favorite horror films House II: The Second Story that came out in 1987...I made a special showcase about that one around Halloween Time in My Odds & Ends. I've known about The Crystal Skulls that long so seeing an Indiana Jones film about that was quite huge especially since the plot was around Area 51 & aliens so I mean again it was must :o I really recommend it, It's a very good film :)

I never saw when Harry met Sally before...dang that one has it's 35th anniversary this year as it came in 1989 :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:02 pm

I've never seen When Harry Met Sally either if I'm being honest.

I might've did this one already, can't remember and there's too many pages to double-check, or maybe it was Ski Patrol

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:39 am

Yes, it was Ski Patrol, no duplicate ;) How about Ski School, wow the women looked really nice here. Turn of the decade and women were were really looking nicer and the movies were becoming cooler and no, no pun intended there :batwink:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:41 pm

It's weird both Ski movies came out around the same time, I believe. Kind of random.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:55 am

Oh yeah, it's weird but there's actually many movies that has similar names & stories that came in the same year. I might do some examples later on ;)

I meant to post this one a while back for it's 30th anniversary of 1983 last year but didn't but better late than never ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:46 pm

Can't say that I've seen that one or ever heard of it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:39 am

Really, how about that :shock: ;)

I've never seen the Hot Tub Time Machine before but i seen ads & stand ups of it before however.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions