Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:38 am

Honestly, didn't know there was a Felix the Cat movie either. Didn't look too bad, if not a little on the strange side. Can't say I ever watched too many Felix the Cat cartoons, either.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:15 am

How about that :( I never knew about The Last Thanksgiving :o

OK, here's another Gary Daniels movie and it's called Bloodmoon :shock: Like Fist of the North Star, it premiered on HBO in 1997 but instead of My Grandpa finding it...I found it and I will reveal how in a bit which you might be surprised :batshock: Here's a cool poster collage I made of it ;)

So the film is about a serial killer who is a skilled martial artists targeting fighters for a sadistic reason and buddy cops must stop him! Starring Gary Daniels which this was only the second time I saw him which FOTNS was the first. Chuck Jefferyes & Brandie Sylfae is his partners, never seen then before this. Frank "The Riddler" Gorshin is their superior :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: The Late Great martial artists Darren Shahlavi is The Killer :!: Superb fighter Hakim Alston from Mortal Komabt (1995) has a bit part and the most surprising of them all is ROB VAN DAM :o

The cops all have good chemistry together, in fact this one of the best of low budget to watch IMO. Jefferyes is a pretty good martial artist.

Darren Shahlavi as The Killer is really cool, he kinda puts on a bad @$$ sense of humor personality into his role and he has the deadly finger art as well, yet another character like that in a Gary Daniels movie :!:

Brandie Sylfae is quite good in the film. She's kind of a cute hottie and she reminds Me of Sunny during this time. She's just not an actress, she's a stunt woman too. If that isn't enough she is actually a Second Degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do under the guidance of Chuck Norris, she is one of his best students and in the film you can tell that :wwwink:

There is some little hot scenes of a stripper babe on the web when it was young and also a scene with some strippers in the Go-Go Girls in the Babes Topless Lounge. One blond babe there has enormous boobs and gosh I miss stuff like this in films but there is no nudity so really it's only a tease and Brandie Sylfae has a great fight there against several men which is really cool so see the pic above again which she does her major spin kick :wwwink:

Now the part I've been waiting to talk about. I found out about this movie on the web in 1997 when it was being talked about on a wrestling page that RVD - Rob Van Dam was going to be in a movie and that it starred Gary Daniels of Fist of the North Star fame. So My Grandparents didn't know who Rob Van Dam really was because ECW wasn't airing in My area at the time, I saw ECW on the PC on AOL and all that back in the day. So I told them about it and how he looks like Jean-Claude Van Damme and even does the split-leg moves! They were like wow, we gotta gotta see this guy. Well, the premier of the film soon happen on HBO & I recorded it on VHS. We really liked the movie. Soon after the ECW Invasion happen on Raw is War and Mr. Monday Night was born and they were quite impressed with him. So here's a collage I made of him from the film. He's a lover-boy like you would expect and has an incredible fight with The Killer :shock:

So now with all of that being said & known, here's the cool trailer to 1997's Bloodmoon :batwink:

Here's is Rob Van Dam's incredible scene with The Killer :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

As a bonus, here's a Stunt Special, check out Bruce Lee there, there is some really stuff here ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:26 am

So much stonewashed denim, it must be the 90s, lol. I never heard of that one. I was never really drawn to martial arts movies. I watched a couple JCVD and Steven Segal movies in the day, but it wasn't a genre I really searched out.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:23 am

Yes and I miss the 90s. I hope you were surprised there about RVD. I've always been a serious person and liked things of dedication and martial arts was an instant like for Me. I believe I've talked about this before then again maybe not. I was actually a Martial Artist student Myself. I started when I was in Kindergarten and nobody knew about it, My Grandma always told Me to keep it secret and well I never told any of the kids :o My teacher was Mrs. Brock and she taught Me some stuff and I was a little uncompromising. For instance in a sparing session I was about 6 or so and My opponent was 13, i was much smaller then him however I beat the heck out of him and bloodied his face :shock: Mrs. Brock was not pleased at how I did it though she was impressed about it. Oh I recall this like it was last week. I believe I was an Orange Belt, possible Purple and I have been looking for My Gi & Award as well as pictures of the Class and everything I was in for a long time with no luck, their around here somewhere. One day I plan to talk about this and make a major showcase about it because this was My life back then. It wasn't My Parents choice of them wanting Me to be a fighter...I chose it way back then in My youngster days. Unfortunately they closed down long ago but where was this school you may ask? Oh it was in South Town, just a block or so away where National & Famous-Barr was on Chippewa that I showcased previously and right across the street from Paul's Bait & Tackle who is also gone :roll: I'm not joking about any of this ;) I've always been a player & watcher but mostly a player. So when I see fighting movies it brings Me back to those days and I'm like yep, I did some of that stuff and I know what's it's like ;) I was into wrestling at the same time and I was seriously thinking about becoming a wrestler then I got sick and it all changed for Me :roll: As you have seen two martial arts movies that I presented in recent times featured wrestlers. Wrestling and Martial Arts goes so much in hand in hand. I mean there's so much similarity and there's even been a few Martial Artists in wrestling including Chuck Norris, he's actually a great wrestler himself as he's done many wrestling moves in his films like the Dragon Sleeper & Fireman's Carry and did a ton of MMA stuff long before MMA became a thing and before UFC was even a thought and I already said how Bryan Danielson was inspired by him hence his nic name, look & style. Norris had a couple stints in the WWF, one at the WWF Survivor Series 94 which I'll show in your promo topic shortly ;)

I never knew about that one :shock: That Video Game Documentary Movie looked great, that's cool they had a clip of the original Doom there :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:23 pm

I never did any martial arts classes. I don't mind it, it's just not a movie genre I find that interesting.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:26 am

I see but you know how people are, once they love what they love they can't stop...look at wrestlers...they can't stay away long no matter what their age is. I didn't say what My study of style was...It was Karate. I was beginning to study Kung Fu as well.

I never knew about that Chris Jericho film, looks quite serious.

I got one more Gary Daniels but that will wait till later in the week because of the title :shock: So you showed Me how great & impressive Steve Urkle was as Bruce Lee a while back...now here we go with the real man himself...Bruce Lee who started it all for Me. 1973's Enter the Dragon was the first one I seen of him and I was just so in awe when I was a youngster. Remember in My showcases when I showcased Judy's SuperStore I had mentioned how she had a huge wall full of custom Bruce Lee shirts and that My Grandma MiMi got Me some...the 80s and this time was so great :)

WB made a special edition of the film for it's 50th anniversary this year, here's the trailer :shock:

Here's the iconic theme by the legendary Lalo Schifrin. Before I knew his Mission Impossible theme I knew this great one :o Listen to the sound effects by Bruce Lee, so fun :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:18 am

That Jericho movie debuts on the Up channel this more or next, not sure. I heard him mention it on Talk is Jericho and wanted to see if there was a trailer. I've never watched a Bruce Lee movie to be honest.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:17 am

I see about Jericho.

That Jim Henson's Turkey Hollow looked pretty cool ;)

Really :shock: What a shame. As you saw months ago how I presented a special People's Magazine of his son Brandon Lee in My Odds & Ends and here within this topic The Crow because this year marks the 30th anniversary of his passing and now you see why/how I have a connection with Asian ways, wrestlers and all that stuff. Here's Bruce's next one which is arguably My favorite Bruce Lee film...Return of the Dragon aka Way of the Dragon from 1972/1973. While My Grandparents recorded Enter the Dragon for Me. My Mom recorded this one :) This is really one of the most important Martial Arts films ever because this THE ONE that CHUCK NORRIS debuted in which he was at the time the NEW American fighter and it was the first time I ever saw him and as you saw in My Vintage I had to get his figures :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: This truly was the first major crossover of major fighting talent like this and still to this day it is still one of the biggest fights in cinema history IMO :)

Here's opening with the great Chinese music, I have always loved this :)

Here's the iconic fight between Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris. Norris improved heavily over time and I became a huge fan of his too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:12 pm

Hmm, didn't really know any of that. I think part of the issue is I don't watch many movies from the 70s. Not sure if it's the sound or picture, or the fashion, but I've always kind of glossed over that decade for whatever reason.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:01 am

I admit I was like that too about older movies, video games and even wrestling and plus more but I came to realize how great they were, how much better the times were then compared to recent times and so forth sometime ago :) Nice gif of Chuck Norris ;)

I never knew about that Amityville, that looked quite gruesome really :blsm: Last one I saw was Amityville 3D, that was gruesome too :blww: :blmm:

This was Bruce Lee's last film...he died while filming this epic :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions