Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:35 am

Oh yes, I cannot wait for that. I'm so glad their expanding the Titan/Kaiju Universe and TV is a great way to do it. I mean this is one of the most exciting things in recent times IMO. Now that's a great series to wait for but it won't be that long now as the release date is November 17 :) It appears that there's going to be excerpts in it from stuff we didn't see in the other movies like John Goodman's character in more adventures as well as new Titans. I'm hoping that that their ones on the map that was briefly seen in Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I want to see these other ones and also to know what happen to the other ones that was absent in Godzilla vs. Kong plus other incarnations of the original Toho Kaijus.

Since you posted that PB, here's this. This is coming out next year and I can't for this...it's Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:34 am

Oh, so there is another movie. My son will be excited.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:27 am

Yes, like I said, next year. Well that is good. If you are taking him to the show, see about watching the films in story order, if you do then you both will get major impact this new film will have ;) i don't know the story order of the series however yet. I love how Scar King looks like an Orangutan and is a new specie and that he's ancient, possible hundreds years older than Kong is :o

The 1976 King Kong was great but it was so sad in the end and most of the time I tend not to want to watch it :roll: There's no monsters or dinosaurs in this unlike the 1933 & Son of Kong versions, just a giant snake. That's one thing I love about the MonsterVerse that their like immortal and only Titans kill Titans. This King Kong was the first movie I saw Jeff Bridges in. Jessica Lange was a beauty. Gosh I remember seeing the big VHS box at My local video rental stores when it was a double VHS cassette because it was so long when I was a youngster, WWF Wrestlemania 4 sported the same thing, that was so cool. This King Kong is truly the ultimate World Trade Center movie too :roll:

Now the music is by John Barry of the 007 James Bond films as well as The Black Hole & Howard the Duck, he's truly the uncrowned king of movie music. If you know the wonderful Bond music then this cue should sound very familiar to you ;)

Now they made a sequel called King Kong Lives in 1986, 10 years after the first. It has great continuity as it starts with in the aftermath of the first. It too is very sad but it is a fantastic movie none the less but I'm glad they never made a sequel and that they just left the story be. Here's the teaser trailer.

The extraordinary score is by John Scott whom is one of the greatest composes ever. I have showcased this of My special moments that I have of the score on Cassette Tape that I got at General Grant's Farmer's Market in My Odds & Ends.

Here's a recent picture of it with My John Matrix Commando Figure that I also got at General Grant's Farmer's Market as I posted this in My Vintage Action Figure Topic.

Now here's the score. While their really good, I don't prefer how the YouTubers did videos as it contains the scenes so this is the entire release. I have the score on CD, I got it over 20 years ago so this one here is of a more recent release with a different cover. Just play the first few minutes, it will show you how grand & epic this is. It's one of the greatest ever and one of My favorites which I listen to it often. If you want more then just keep on listening ;)

Now I have showed King Kong Lives twice already. I've been thinking about completing the trifecta in the last few months or so as I have the VHS & Score on CD so look for that in the future in My very crucial Odds & Ends ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:29 am

There's a Nature Boy in one of those vids, but it isn't King Kong, lol.

My daughter showed me this trailer yesterday, and I was pretty happy with it most of the way, but something just doesn't work for me. I won't say what, but...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:33 pm

It looks visually great but the voice actors don't really do it for me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:30 am

That Garfield looks ok. Of course it's yet another reboot. Yeah Acid, the talent these days are not the same from yesterday. Some of the animation is very much like original cartoons and then some of it isn't.

OK, now if I'm done making bloody mistakes, here's the teaser trailer to King Kong Lives :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:44 am

AcidDragon wrote:It looks visually great but the voice actors don't really do it for me.

Yes! I was like, this looks really good, and then Chris Pratt spoke sounding like...Chris Pratt. Like, really? I think Garfield has an established voice by now from the specials, to the cartoon series, to even the movies, and this ain't it. Imagine if Bugs Bunny suddenly sounded like Tracy Morgan. SMH.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:50 am

That Garfield was good. I always thought it was amazing how Bill Murray was Garfield there when Lorenzo Music aka the original voice of Garfield was Dr. Venkman in the Real Ghostbusters :o

So I don't know if you PB and Acid knew why chose A Private War in the Word game. Well, it's a movie and based on a true story and it was pretty good. Rosmund Pike is a really fine actress ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:58 am

Don't recall ever seeing or hearing anything about that movie but I don't pay as much attention these days.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:50 am

It's actually an action packed biopic, it's pretty good. I was never was Felix the Cat fan really however I never seen that Felix the Cat trailer and really I'm not sure if I knew they made a movie :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions