Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:03 am

Yes it is :roll:

I have no DVR so I have no clue what the schedule is but it's great seeing that there's actually still a channel putting out movies & media of what their known cause ones like AMC & MTV...well I've complained about them enough :roll:

OK, you saw a bit of Abbott & Costello and the Three Stooges spooky stuff for Halloween, now here's this...Africa Screams...I loved this one as a youngster as well and I loved the African songs too :)

Now this was huge for Me, Shemp Howard & Joe Besser actually meet each here in the same scene not to mention it's really Abbott & Costello meet the The Stooges :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:10 pm

I never really watched Abbot and Costello outside of Who's on First?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:27 am

Shame, they're really good. I actually never saw Diner, amazing how they looked so young especially Daniel Stern :o

So last night My Mom discovered this Nicolas Cage Movie called Pay the Ghost that came out in 2015 but it wasn't the trailer...it was the actual movie on YT for free with ads. We watched it soon after and it was pretty good. Halloween is the holiday here but like a many spooky movies, you can watch them anytime of the year. First here's the trailer :blbat:

Here's the Portal Song by Joseph LoDuca of the Evil Dead movies who I talked about before, listen to this :blww:

Now here's the actual full movie that is free on YT. If your interested in this one I suggest you watch it on your big TV, you will not get the shear good terror of it on a phone or laptop :blsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:25 pm

Never heard of that one, though I don't think it's a ghost stealing all the children these days.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:21 am

Don't disregard the film, keep it mind, it's a good one, quite suspenseful and kinda old fashion and has a cool thing about a Father and his Son :) Nope, I'm 1000% sure it isn't :o I'm not familiar with that movie Waiting...that's Juan Guzman :o

So I'm gonna try to get going with the action & fighting movies for a while. Here's one of My favorite Martial Arts films with some history. It's the live action motion picture of the Anime Fist of the North Star :o

FOTNS 1.jpg

Here's My little yet big story about it. It was in 1995. My Grandpa was watching something on HBO, he saw the preview of this new action fighting film called Fist of the North Star. He liked how it looked and told Me about it soon after. I was like wow PoPo that movie does look good. So We looked in Out Cable guide to see when it was on for sure and I got a VHS Tape and recorded it when it was going on. After this it became of My favorites for many reasons :) It stars great martial artist Gary Daniels who I talked about before a whiel back in the Wade Barrett movie. Also Chris Penn, Costas Mandylor, Downtown Julie Brown, Melvin Van Peeblesm Tracey "Bob the Goon" Walter, Ron's little bro Clint Howard, Malcolm McDowell and with even appearances of some wrestlers :o Here's the trailer :batwink:

Now here's the wrestlers. This quite huge for Me back then. There's two wrestlers. Tony Halme aka Ludvig Borga and Big Van Vader aka Leon White :o Here's a picture I made a few years ago for a special 25th anniversary project :)

FOTNS 2.jpg

Here's this action clip. Ludvig isn't in it for very long. He made a cool cameo in Die Hard 3 the same year too :shock: Now the bald thug is Nills Alan Stewart, he' always an villain however he actually would play Jesse "The Body" Ventura in his biopic a few years later in 1999 :batshock:

This is the only clip I could find with Vader in it which Vader was still in WCW at this time :!:

Now here's this fun trivia. The main character played by Gary Daniels is Kenshiro...Kenny Omega is a huge Anime fan since he lived over in Japan for a long time. Omega's gimmick is inspired by this Kenshiro character in The Fist of the North Star hence his name "Kenny" :o If you study the movements of the character & style you'll see that they are similar. Omega's character has evolved over the years, he's also a huge Terminator & Resident Evil fan. Ever notice he pounds the ring mat/apron in fashion of The Terminator's musical theme :?: Boy I have and I think it's awesome and RE's Albert Wesker is like his favorite villain of all-time and I don't blame him :batwink:

FOTNS 3.jpg

Now one of the fantastic things about the film is the score, it's by Christopher L. Stone. Its was actually in the trailer above. In a way it's a kinda like Kenny Omega's previous theme "Devil's Sky" that he should have never ever abandoned is in the same vein as this truly wonderful masterpiece :)

I got another great Gary Daniels film coming up next and it has a big appearance by a wrestler that is like wow, he's in this :o You see soon about that ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:29 am

That was a comic, I believe. Or a video game. I know I've heard that title many times before but I've never seen the movie.

That film was turned into a sitcom a couple years later...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:39 am

Yes PB, like like I said, it was based from the Anime in the 80s but I didn't list the whole media. It had Manga/comics and video games plus more. In fact some of original artwork was like Double Dragon so it was really radical. Here's an example.

Notice Kenshiro has the finger death scars here, the movie followed true to source ;)

Again I was really surprised about the wrestlers and if My Grandpa wouldn't have seen that preview I would have never had that moment like I did :) Many years later I found it really cool when I found out the origins of Kenny Omega and that there was a connection there :shock:

I never seen that Alice, that looks interesting.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:25 pm

Yeah, I've heard of that before, just couldn't recall if it was a game or comics. Might've been both.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:45 am

I never saw Balls of of Steel, that looked pretty good. That reminded of this classic...Kung Pow: Enter the First that came out in 2002. It was one the last of the old fashion comedies however you can tell stuff was changing.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:02 pm

I saw this commercial the other day and thought it was a movie, but I guess it's a series...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions