Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:58 am

Not Me, I want My horror movies to have a lot in them and that's rated R.

Project X was a pretty good film. That was the first one I saw Mathew Broderick in. The music was by the late great James Horner. Soon I'm going update My composer topic with an update of Horner Part 2. If you haven't already checked out Part 1 to hear his great music from Willow, Star Trek 2 & 3, Aliens, Commando and more, he was so wonderful :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:27 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:08 am

the Usual suspects was pretty good with a very twisted climax. The film had a good cast. I believe this was the first movie I saw Kevin Spacey in though it could have been Se7en as both came out in 95. 95 was such a different and good year. This is the movie that made Me notice Del Toro too. Stephen Baldwin is quite the different Baldwin brother. Gabriel Byrne & Kevin Pollak were good and would be together again in 1999's End of Days. Chazz Palminteri was his usual. This was Brian Singer's first big movie he directed with composer friend John Ottman. In fact this is the film that got the duo on the map. They would do a lot of great stuff together including the X-Men films! Here's Ottman's theme to the Usual Suspects :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:10 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:09 am

I actually never seen A Bronx Tale before, that looked pretty good.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:12 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:42 am

I never seen Sixteen Candles, only heard of it and possibly seen the trailer you just provided long ago.

So before I get to a lot that's been on My mind I wanted to do this double header... :shock:

Capricorn One is with an all-star cast including, Josh Brolin, Sam Waterston, Elliot Gould, OJ Simpson, Hal Holbrook,
Telly Savalas, Karen Black and more. It's directed by Peter Hyams who directed The Relic and was executive producer of The Monster Squad :!: My Grandparents really liked this one ;) I for one must say it was quite good. It came out in 1977, the same year as Star Wars & Close Encounters :o

Outland :!: This is actually one of My surprising favorites. My Grandparents wasn't all that big on it however. It came out in 1981, the year I was born :shock: It stars Sean Connery, Frances Sternhagen, Peter Boyle (Raymond's Dad and look how young he is!) and is also directed by Peter Hyams. This is one of Connery's best roles IMO. When I first saw this long ago I really liked it, I thought it was fantastic and really it's still a great fun one to watch every now and then :)

Now why did I make this a double header you ask :? Well, just not because their two conspiracy films directed by one of My favs in Peter Hyams but also the score were both by the legend Jerry Goldsmith and it's just not that because the scores were released together on one special CD by GNP Crescendo, a great record label :)

Outland & Capricorn One 1.jpg

Now here's the cues. Both of these videos were custom made by a YouTuber, he did a great job doing'em. First up is Capricorn One, My Grandparents adored this theme & score which anything that was done by Goldsmith they wanted to see it. I remember they told Me so many times long ago before I got into it how wonderful it was :)

Now here's Outland, this is My fav of the two, same goes for the movie. I love how mysterious and action packed it sounds. In this video you can see the planets, it's very reminiscent like 1979's Allen which Goldsmith also did the music for :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:16 pm

I've not seen those as far as I can remember.

What's on TCM tonight?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:59 am

Well their very good PB. I never seen that Alan Arkin film, he was a very good actor. At least TCM is still holding true to the classics.

I saw this on Bing, I used to watch all 4 CSI shows with My Grandma regularly for many years, they were so cool. I was shocked to find out that Horacio Caine's (David Caruso) play son Evan Ellingson had died yesterday :o

Evan Ellingson RIP 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:21 pm

RIP, I can't say I'm familiar with the actor, though. Too young to be gone.

What's on TCM right now?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions