Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:22 am

I never saw 2004's Win a Date with Tad Hamilton before. Amazing how the three main cast there went on: Kate Bosworth went on to be with Superman, Josh Duhamel would arguably be the face/ace of the Transformers movies for a while and Topher Grace would get a very serious horror time playing Eddie Brock/Venom in Spider-Man 3 and a very surprising role as Edwin in Predators. Cool PB :)

I hope you've been waiting for it cause here we go with one of My all-time favorite films...

My VERY IMPORTANT INTRODUCTION! Now this is truly a special and magical movie. Now I know many times I speak bad about My Father but as you know I recently spoke good of him when I showcased My Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Poster that he gave Me when he was a Projectionist at the The Kenrick Theater that I've just talked about, I hope nobody disregards this that! He had his moments and I would like to believe that he really tried :) So one night in about mod-late 1986 perhaps early 1987, I was only about six years old or so I was with him during one of My visitations. We usually watched movies and stuff late at night and watched movies that a little kid shouldn't be watching but really I can't complain. I liked horror stuff, women, and all that so i knew who I was then ;) So during this one particular night We were watching TV late at night. He had cable. It was either HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, one of those main ones when TV was awesome :batwink: I recall the night like it was last week, I really do and in detail. We were in the front room/Living Room. I was on the sofa, he was in the chair. We had Caffeine-Free Pepsi in the classic bronze/gold cans and KAS BBQ Potato Chips that I've spoken of before which they were double/twin bagged and they were the absolute best ever, nobody ever tasted like them, believe Me I've tried so many over the decades. When National & Tru-Buy went out of buisness, so did they :roll: He kinda spoke and sounded like Sylvester Stallone a bit and I'm not joking, he's like hey ah yo uh Brandon, wanna see what this Big Trouble in Little China movie is here and I'm like I guess I was like ok Buddy (cause I never called him Daddy, Dad, Pop, Father, everybody called him Buddy) it looked good because it was martial arts & monsters and I loved that stuff. So We watched it from beginning to end and when it was all said and done I absolutely loved it. I told My Grandma MiMi about it and she's like oh :roll: She wasn't happy about it and like that because I saw it with him :roll: So I told her how awesome it was so We went down to Annie Burke's Daughter's Movie Mogul Rental Store down the the street (I recently showcased them in My all crucial Odds & Ends ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48020.html?hilit=Annie%20Burke#p48020) and they had it for rent on VHS on the shelf and I can envision it how it was as I speak and from then on it was a part of My most favorite films :) I always think to Myself that if Me & My Dad never had that moment together, I would have never seen this movie nor developed the passions & love I have for it if I would have seen it later in My life so I thank My Daddy for that :( OK so let's move on to My John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China spotlight :) Here's three Posters of it, notice that last one is actually Japanese and looks like a Kaiju Poster which really all vintage Japanese Posters look like that ;)

Now this was the first movie I saw Kurt Russell in. He instantly became a favorite of Mine. I didn't see him in John Carpenter's the Thing till years later but I saw him in other stuff like Backdraft as we talked about recently when Me & My Grandparents saw the film together at The Kenrick in 1991. His Jack Burton in BTILC is undoubtedly one of My favs and most iconic of all characters of the 1980s :) Check out his Haulin' Ass logo there, I've always digged that :batwink:

Now it has a a load of good cast & characters. I loved Jack Burton's friend Wang, he was kinda like Bruce Lee. The film has some nice women too. I absolutely loved the mystical villains.

Before I get any further I want to quote Myself on something special about one of the cast members...Kim Cattrall...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Now here is an extremely special entry that I hold dear to Me, My Batmobile by MEGO that was made in 1974 :!: I wasn't even around when the lines was thriving but somehow I got this milestone :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: So here is how I acquired it long ago :) One day when I was playing with My neighbors whom are siblings, Timmy & Jenny and gosh I miss them kids and they were good kids, I lost contact with them about 30 years ago when they & their parents Dana & Randy moved away to an unknown location, I hope they are all doing fine as I speak :roll: They were My age. At the time of this We were about 9 or so, I was slightly older though and I was always teaching them a thing a two education-wise and a lot of entertainment stuff it seemed all the time and keep in mid this was a long while before the Internet, We didn't need it back then. Timmy looked like a very young Marky Mark Wahlberg. He was quite a character and was a dark redhead. His sister was just a bit younger. Though I had friends that was girls and not "actual" girlfriends in Kindergarten thru 2nd Grade, Jenny was My first true friend that was a girl. We were still too young to really know that type of stuff. She was a very pretty & attractive girl. She seriously looked like a young version of Kim Cattrall. I regret not spending more time with them, talking to them and even seeing if Me & Jenny could have got it together cause there was a bit of childhood spark there between us :wwwink: :batwink: Here is a pic I made of Wahlberg & Cattrall from their roles in 1996's Fear & 1986's Big Trouble in Little China. I look at this and it's like I'm seeing them all grown up...the Timmy & Mark depiction is like so spot on here, he had that face & expression, its really amazing but see how Kim's face is wide with those thick eyebrows, Jenny was just like that and like I said, she was quite attractive, maybe even deceivingly beautiful :)

You can see the whole showcase of My MEGO Batmoblie that they gave Me plus much more here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/marvel-toy-discussion/my-marvel-collection-dc-toybiz-special-p1-t1294-10.html

Now there was such coolness in the 80s in movies and video games such Double Dragon with action heroes & beat'em ups. I just loved this stuff. I really liked the Lords of Death gang that consisted of Needles, Joe Lucky and One Ear and the alley street fight with the Chang Sing & Wing Kong :batsmile: The guy in the middle by in front of the truck is Al Leong, he was also in 1985's My Science Project :)

However I just loved the Three Storms: Thunder, Rain & Lightning, this is why I got accustomed to Mortal Kombat so quickly because it's very much like this stuff and for a Martial Arts fan like Me it was a no-brainer :)

I really like their master Lo Pan and that he's ancient, has atomized himself to roam forever till he marries a woman with green eyes :o He too is one of the most iconic bad guys of the entire decade of the 80s :!: NOTE: My Grandma liked this film and John Carpenter but a lot times when She'd watch this with Me she talk about the green eye storyline because she HAD GREEN EYES and often she'd tell Me how some people didn't like her and that they'd call her "Snake Eyes" :o I thought i should bring this to attention because it was always something she said to Me :)

I really liked Thunder's Warrior Ninja Women, women always were great at this stuff :batwink:

Now the film wouldn't be complete without some creatures. There's a Wild Man, Prehistoric Arthropod as well as a Guardian plus Traditional Warriors in armor. This was all so rad for a youngster Brandon :)

The mystic battle between Lo Pan & Egg Shen was so colorful, still one of the best :batwink:

This was the film that I really first knew John Carpenter. As I matured, I realized what such a great talent he is. He's just not a horror master director, he does his own music which he is truly a genius composer and became one of My favorites. My Grandma really liked him as well. I'll get more to that in a bit :)

Here's the great trailer :!:

Here's some of My favorite scenes ;)

Here's the opening and Jack Burton's Pork Chop Express. Burton says some good stuff especially about "Alone in the Universe" :!: When I first heard this music with My Dad, I was in awe, I just loved it :)

Here's the cool Lords of Death scene. Listen to how John Carpenter's music perfectly matches it, it's fantastic :)

Here's the Chang Sing vs. Wing Kong Alley Street Fight. When I first saw this I was astounded by how cool it was. It was something new for Me other than Bruce Lee. This is still one of the best fighting scenes ever in a film IMO :)

Now this is truly My favorite, The Three Storms, Thunder, Rain & Lightning interrupting the Alley Fight. When I first saw this I adored it, I found it so incredible. Now I spoke of Mortal Kombat earlier, Lord Raiden was an inspiration of Lightning. The special effects is so top notch here. Lightning's bolts looked very similar in style like the ones of the Alien Engine in My Science Project that I just recently spotlighted which is one of the reasons why I'm so high on these special effects of the 80s, they were so excellent and I prefer these over today's CGI any day of the week :batwink:

Now here's a lot of gifs. Notice how wonderful the special effects are ;) By the way, here's Egg Shen, (Victor Wong) he was in the first Tremors in 1990 ;)

Back to Carpenter, when he was in high school, he had his own band called The Coupe De Villes which was John Carpenter, Nick Castle & Tommy Lee Wallace. They all worked on many movies together as well including the original Halloween :blbat: They had such great sound. Carpenter really had a great voice too and so did Castle. Before there was Danny Elfman & Oingo Boingo, there was these guys :)

I have always loved this song. Now there is actually two versions. The End Credits version is slightly different. Here's the icon music video :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: NOTE: The video has flashing lights lights at the end.

Long ago in the early 2000s, My Mom got the score on CD for Christmas. This is one of My favorite cues of the whole score.

However, this is arguably the best one. Carpenter just nailed the Chinese sound and made this really spooky, like I said, he is a true master :)

Oh My, I can't believe that I did that. Whew that was a lot. I hope you liked this and maybe were even surprised a little especially since I revealed absolute Me & My Father :) This and My Science Project are really two of My most favorites and I believe you can see why :) I've seen Big Trouble as many times as it. I wanted to enter this in before we start with the Halloween Topics but really, BTILC could be watched during the Halloween Spooky Season :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:31 pm

This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. It has a little bit of everything and made me a fan of Kurt Russell, too. And I always think of it and Mortal Kombat being similar, especially Raiden.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:40 am

OK that's great to know PB that i wasn't the only one cause I've never talked to anybody else that did ;) Oh yes, like I said, you can clear tell that Lord Raiden was an inspiration of Lightning ;)

Ah Escape from New York, I didn't see that one till sometime later.

John Carpenter's score is really good but it really pales in comparison IMO to Big trouble in Little China in scale and in excitement.

Now the film had a big wrestler in it...it was OX BAKER :!:

Ox Baker in EFNY 1.jpg

Here's this short special interview. Listen to what he says about Bruiser Brody. John carpenter is a wrestling fan too! He talks about St. Louis. yes, Escape from New York was actually filmed in My city :o Amazing what he sayd about music. Waych this closely :)

Now that was 1981, the year I was born, in 1996 the came out with a sequel, Escape from L.A .! It was also a decent film.

The music was by John Carpenter and Shirley Walker.

Now I mentioned how he and his Coupe De Villes were before Danny Elfman & Oingo Boingo, well he have a partnership with Shirley Walker and she would co-compose the score with him. Now that long ago I introduced her, she was Danny Elfman's conductor and became a force of her own. She revolutionize women movie composers. I spotlighted 93's Batman: mask of the Phantasm, she did that and it's one of the greatest score ever heard!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:20 pm

I know this thread was dormant for the month of Halloween but...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:13 am

That movie looks superb. It's appears to be extremely true to the real thing, far better than what WWE did with Paige. Instead of all of these reboots imagine all of the wresting movies they could make. My Grandpa would have loved this and would want to see it asap cause you know he loved the Von Erichs, he's the one that taught Me about them! That's cool that Holt McCallany is in this playing Fritz, he was in a cool boxing show called Lights Out and I know Lily James, she's pretty nice. The guys chose to play the brothers look decent and check out them Freebirds...WOW :o I hope this movie goes over well cause there needs to be more just like this :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 am

It really looks promising.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:20 am

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:00 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:10 am

Now that looks like more of a horror slasher film and not on the PGish kind. It's a rad timeline of being about Black Friday as seen in the trailer as well during a riot cause ya know, that's what people do during that day that ruins what Thanksgiving is all about but unfortunately since 2020 Black Friday is nearly everyday too I mean tons of businesses & stores including Walgreens had to close their doors all over the country because of looting :roll: These gigs are remincent of what was seen in the trailer :o :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

It's cool he looks like a pilgrim and/or having a classical look. I think after people see this at the theater or whatever format, they won't see and/or think of the holiday the same again :o

As a side not starting 2023, Disney will own Hulu :o

Disney & Hulu 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:13 am

When I saw the poster for Thanksgiving, I kind of rolled my eyes. But the preview actually looks promising. We haven't had a good R slasher movie in a bit. I never understood all the teen horror movies that were PG-13. I knid of get it with FNAF, but otherwise who wants to see a PG-13 horror movie?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions