Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:54 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:46 am

Ah Broken Arrow, one of the best movies of the huge year of 1996. I saw this at the show with My Mom & her old friend Don from Sears. We saw many movies that year. It had a really good cast. This was a good performance by Travolta. The way he is in this he reminds Me of Shawn Michales. Slater was good but by time Hard Rain came out in 98 he was fading out. Samantha Mathis was really good, she's quite sweet. Delroy Lindo and Kurtwood Smith, man what pair there and Jerry Orbach and even Howie Long :!: The score was tremendous. It was by Hans Zimmer. Like I said a while ago when I spotlighted Twister about the music, that type of sound was really taking off and 96 was really the year it did. Zimmer's theme is so great, it's really one of his best and I love how it sounds western & country and I adore that haunting yet really soothing electronic choir. This is My fav cue of the whole score, I've listen to this score so much, it's always so fun :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:48 am

I saw it in the theater as well. 96 was my senior year so we went to the movies a lot on Fridays.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:25 am

Well that's great PB :) Oh how about that...FIRESTORM :!:

I remember the little hype it had back then in 97 though it actually was released in January 98. I was like that's the big guy in Broken Arrow. I didn't know Howie Long much at all since I wasn't into Football. I had only seen him in commercials, Sports Center, stuff like that, kinda like Terry Bradshaw. So I recall Us renting Firestorm at Schnucks on Loughborough in 98 which was 25 years ago this year and We're like this was pretty good. We had already known William Forsythe for years as a major bad guy actor and Scott Glenn whom was an action hero back in his day and this was his second fire film which the first being 91's Backdraft with Kurt Russel. Also a very young Barry Pepper was in this. The action and effects was pretty good. This was Howie's only stand alone action film that he starred in that I know of. I guess Broken Arrow was a test and Firestorm was the green & red light :roll: I thought he was pretty good but he was still kinda green and needed more effort. It's a good action hero film none the less.

So seeing this sparked My wanting to post this again,. I was going to do it before but I didn't then I thought I'd do it later when I'd post action hero films but I'm being a bit sluggish due to the heat and all that. Since Howie Long was a Football player and since William Forsythe was the bad guy I was like heck I'm doing this now!

Stone Cold 1 -.jpg

Yes, this is STONE COLD :!: Long before SCSA, Sons of Anarchy and Aces & Eights was a thought. This came out in 1991. This was one of THE LAST action films of the kind where things were quite violent and hardcore. I really miss this style and seeing movies that came out later like Firestorm seems tame compared to Stone Cold. Like the aforementioned Firestorm, it stars a Football player and that is "The Boz" Brian Bosworth. I really only knew him quite briefly like most footballers however unlike Howie Long I really liked him immediately even though he came out of the blue when it came to be an action star but still I just liked the way he looked. He was different from the rest like Arnold, Stallone, Van Damme, Norris, Seagal, Lundgren etc. He was quite muscular as well. Like Long, he really faded out after this rather quickly. It was too quick for My tastes I mean most of the other films he would be in would be much lower in budget and he seemed like a regular guy instead of an unstoppable bad@$$ good guy :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Bosworth's Joe Huff is a great character, truly one of the most underrated of all tough guys in movies. Now one of your villains in the film is William Forsythe who plays Ice, he's really good and typical Forsythe. Now THE VILLAIN is Lance Henriksen in one of his finest roles as Chains Cooper. Of course We already knew him for many years as well from Aliens & Pumpkinhead to mention a couple of great movies. Sam McMurray from Christmas Vacation & Richard Gant from Rocky V is in this as well. Like I said the movie is violent and I miss these days a lot. There was some good female scenes that was quite hot as well that is also missing in movies after this. It's really pathetic how things have become :roll: If you never seen this I really recommend it, again it was one the last of the kind and it's one of My favorites :) Here's the trailer with Mr. Brian Bosworth :batwink:

Here's Saigon Kick's great song "Coming Home", this fit the film so much and I love it :)

Now the score is by Sylvester Levay. They never released the music on CD. He's the same composer that did Stallone's Cobra which you know I already spotlighted because I loved that one too. Watch & listen as you see Sam McMurray from Christmas Vacation & Richard Gant from Rocky V see Brian Bosworth leave the building all beat up in this great End Credits scene ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:17 pm

I remember Bosworth but don't think I ever saw that film. Don't remember it, at least. He had an injury shortened NFL career just before I really started paying attention to football, but I remember he was really good in TecmoBowl.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:50 am

Well I recommend it. It was cool when he was a commentator on XFL during that short time it existed.

Face/Off was pretty good. Another great one by John Woo. This was quite the different type of film. The title has more than one meaning. Tons of action. The music was by John Powell whom is one of Hans Zimmer's Media Venture Colleagues. If you don't know him, he's done a ton of animated films and action scores. He's did X-Men III: The Last Stand which is My fav of all of the X-Men films and it truly one of the best scores ever. Face/Off was one of his early ones and I believe the first one I heard of his back in the day. It's cool when you find out that a composer is a Zimmer guy and you can tell by listening to this rad cue and listen to that excellent choir :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:48 am

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh...double clothesline...I mean, feature!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:10 am

I can't say much for Bringing out the Dead as I never seen that one however Con Air was a must see. It was yet another one with Nicholas Cage as he was really on a roll in the 90s ever since his 1996 Rock film. This was another cool movie in 97. It had a good cast and really a different story at the time. It was something with Steve Buscemi showing his teeth for the first time in his first scene in the film. We were like look at that guy :o Like Face/Off, it was over the top, exciting and action packed. I recall when I first saw the poster I thought that John Malcovich looked like Stone Cold Steve Austin in the poster :shock:

The music was by Marc Mancina & Trevor Rabin which they just did Twister together in 96 a year prior. When you hear the guitar you can clearly tell that and this is arguably the movie the trended Hans Zimmer's Media Venture composers that made movies have their personality for year to come :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:09 am

You can't go wrong with a Nic Cage movie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:04 am

Yeah really you can't. I never seen Raising Arizona either, I haven't seen all of his movies. Now as I said yesterday, when The Rock (no not Dwayne, his persona didn't come to be till a long while later) came out in 1996 and it seemed like it was the start of the time of Nicolas Cage that he would be in one big movie year after year despite this film's star was Sean Connery and this was the second movie he was in with Ed Harris which the first was 1995's Just Cause which was also a fine picture. It was a great movie and one of the many blockbusters on 1996 and was the precursor of the likes of Face/Off, Con Air, Armageddon etc :)

Now without a single doubt this is the one that made Hans Zimmer the new legit composer that he is now despite he had already done wonders since 1990. It's one of the most iconic themes of all-time and had spawned this sound in countless movies consequently with him and his Media Venture colleagues. The choir is wonderful, Zimmer would use the same choir he used previously in 95 for Crimson Tide. I would imagine that most of everybody knows this 1996 Rock theme or at least I would hope that they know this magnificent piece of movie music :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions