Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:20 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:08 am

I'm back from the heatwave, that's all I'm saying :x

My Grandpa would always talk about Night of the Hunter and tease Me about it when I was a youngster, darn it I never watched it with him :( However I did with BOTH CAPE FEAR movies. they were pretty darn good and 62's version was quite the one because times were changing when more types of violence was being seen on camera. Now remember that trivia I said Alfred Hitchcock and his go to composer Bernard Herrmann a while back :?: Like I said Herrman was like THE composer then, decades before most people would give John Williams a single thought :o My Grandpa knew of him greatly so did My Grandma, they taught well about this legend. I really loved his classical sound. Here's his tremendous masterpiece for the original Cape Fear :)

No as I said before in My Hitchcock reply to your Birds PB a while back, I said that legendary Elmer Bernstein (The Magnificent Seven, True Grit, Air Plane 1 & 2, Stripes, Ghostbusters) was hired to do the music for the 1991 remake. Elmer idolized Herrman when he was younger, he didn't want to write his own theme or anything as he wanted to keep it as true as possible. He only updated the sound since this was nearly 30 years later. Now listen to how similar and wonderful it is to the original material of Bernard Herrmann :)

It's funny you posted these Cape Fear movies, I just posted in the Wrestling promo topic how the now late Bray Wyatt's character was a inspired by Dan Spivey's character whom was inspired by Robert Mitchum's Cape Fear MAX character and I'll do a special about that tomorrow...weird PB :?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:29 am

The choice of the Cape Fear films wasn't a coincidence. I chose them because of Bray Wyatt's passing.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:34 am

I was really wondering about that, glad you let Me know PB ;)

I never saw the Great Gatsby nor the recent remake however I know a tiny bit of the score. It was by Nelson Riddle who did the original 1966 Batman TV Show & Movie, he was quite talented :)

OK, I didn't say anything about The Jetsons movie you posted about the other day PB, see I go back and think about what people post even if it was a while ago ;) So first off I posted a while back in My Marvel Topic two great Comic Scene Magazines that I only partially showcased as it was Marvel specific, I may go further on them in My Odds & Ends one day because their such fun magazines. On the cover of My second one was The Jetsons Movie :)

So it was pretty good. It was part of 1990 which was such a great year for movies. Too bad they never continued the story in a sequel or anything like that. It seemed by then the original time of Hanna-Barbera was finished making it an end of era :roll: Now IMO the movie paid true to the original cartoon series in not only the way it looked but also the way it was presented. The animation was cleaner & crisper as it should be I mean heck it was 1990. It really had the same spirit as the originals as well. The music was no different. The original score is by John Debney which this was his first major soundtrack for a film. He would go on later and become one of the best composers today with tremendous scores for CutThroat Island, Sudden Death, The Relic (I already featured that great one in My Horror Topic because it's quite special to Me), End of Days, Passion of the Christ, Predators, Iron Man 2 and so many more. So while he wrote much original material for the film, he didn't ignore the iconic Jetsons theme by Hoyt Curtin whom wrote so many great beloved cartoon themes such as The Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, The Smurfs among others. I have always I loved it when a composer incorporates the original motifs and the like that made it what it is known for, I was quite excited when he did this for Predators and used Silvestri's most iconic themes. The sound of this Jetsons score is truly great as well :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:44 am

I never saw the newer Gatsby film. I tend to avoid DiCaprio movies. But it's one of my favorite novels. The Jetsons were one of my favorite cartoons growing up, especially the 80s episodes with Orbity.

You know, I never knew Nelson Riddle did the Batman '66 theme for the movie. That's fascinating. He composed some of Frank Sinatra's best albums.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:35 am

I see. DiCaprio movies are ok, he's not My favorite. Well that's good about the Jetsons, they were quite good to watch. Like I said before time and time again, it's so fun getting involved with composers, I know because I have nearly My whole life. If you do and see what they've done it can lead to so much more cool stuff. Also like I said before I always read the credits of movies and TV shows, long before the web came into play where you could just "look it up". When I first saw the Batman TV Show & Movie I saw that the music was by Nelson Riddle, at this time I didn't know him, in My youngster mind I thought it was very funny that his name was "Riddle" when there was a character villain in the show called "The Riddler". It just stuck there with Me from then on. yes, he was good friends with Sinatra, again like I've said before, I really like it when there's a great partnership with a composer. See, before the net that's one the many ways I learned stuff like that when it came to people's names and who did what. I still read the credits not only as an old school way to learn, reminiscent and listen to the music but also because I've done it for so long and it will continue that way :)

Oh I recall the hype of the Jetsons Meet the Flintstones, that was a great cross-over film. The future meets the past and vice versa. I believe My Grandparents recorded that for Me when it first aired on TV. I watched it many times. I liked how it was and how it was like the original cartoons. Too bad they really never made anything this good in recent times. Here's the short end credits with the cool theme, The score was by Sven Libaek whom is Norwegian-Australian, he also did a lot of classic stuff too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:41 am

I know more about composers that worked with Sinatra and Broadway, than movies, sadly. But they sometimes overlap.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:09 am

Well you still have a lot more to learn despite I've told & showed so much because there's plenty more ;)

The Flintstones movie was quite good, I still feel the cast was quite ideal and that the film paid true to the cartoon. The score was good, it was by David Newman and he re-performed the theme rather well :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:02 pm

I thought the casting was good, but the movie was a little disappointing. Maybe I was just too old when it came out. I'd love to see someone make a Jetsons live action movie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:48 am

I see. If they do I hope they make it like the Flintstones. I'd rather look like their cosplaying them rather than like say the Transformers & G.I. Joe films over the past decade or so that their nearly almost unrecognizable and your like that's supposed to be them :?

I never saw The Boy Who Could Fly, that looked quite interesting.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions