Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:22 am

Nope it's not.

Ah there's Crocodile Dundee II. That one is My fav of the original two and Me & My Grandma watched that one the most out of the duo really. I love how this one is, there's way more to it as it's got a more complicated story here. It's cool that Charles S. Dutton is "Bad Bad" Leroy Brown and the really cool biker gang helping out Dundee. Really this and it's counterpart predecessor are two of the best action adventure comedies you could ever see, there's never been ones like'em since and yes, this came out in 1988, this year marks it;s 35th anniversary :o

While there's a ton to talk about, I don't have much time at the moment, I really don't like skipping great things with only one sentence, I only got time for this for now that is on My mind.

I like the Colombian storyline, it was so cool for a youngster Brandon at the time to know how much diversity there is within the world and seeing them encounter Aborigines was something else. The team of Rico & Miguel is really good, one of the most memorable bad guy teams from any movie IMO :batwink:

Crocodile Dundee 2 - 1.jpg

Now as a different and maybe even a strange thing which I'm probably one of the very few people ever to think it, for a long time when I think of'em which is kinda often, ever since I first saw MLB "Cardinal Killer" Vinny Castilla in 98 I thought that he looked like Rico (Hector Ubarry) from Crocodile Dundee II and great legendary movie composer Alan Silvestri. I still think the same at this very moment :)

Crocodile Dundee 2 - 2.jpg

You got one more PB, it's the third one ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:46 pm

I remember Vinnia Castilla. I've used his name a few times for Immaculate Grid.

I've never seen the third installment. Interesting enough though, it was co-written by fantasy sports "expert" Matthew Berry who worked for ESPN for the last decade or so, though I think he recently left ESPN. I haven't played fantasy sports in years, so I lost track of him.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:19 am

How about that. Yeah, Vinny Castilla was one of the many players that I noticed and liked when I was really getting into Baseball. Mark McGwire will always be "the one" however he wasn't the only great player to watch and enjoy. I called him a "Cardinal Killer" because when he along with teammates Larry Walker, Dante Bichette & Todd Helton of the Colorado Rockies would face My St. Louis Cardinals, they always hit the heck out of'em, that 98/99 version was truly a great powerhouse team!

OK PB, thanks for listening again ;) There's Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles. Now this was one of the big movies of 2001 when a lot was changing everywhere and was it for the better :?: I mean with a year starting off with the demise of WCW & ECW sound any good :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I was really keeping up with all the major films that year as I had talked about before like Jurassic Park ///, Planet of the Apes, The Mummy Returns, Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and so on. Crocodile Dundee III was one of those I was like oh wow, this is coming out too, that is so cool. Well, this movie really didn't disappoint however it really didn't have the pure charisma & magic the first two did I mean for one it completely skipped the 90s and bang we're smack-dab in the 2000s already. Paul Hogan (not related to Hulk) is clearly older and so is Linda but they still got it here and really still look good. Of course they have a kid now making more shenanigans happen. So Mick Dundee is going to LA, the trailer you chose PB shows most of what happens in the film which is really funny. Jere Burns & Johnathon Banks are your two villains here, their good but their not like CDII's Rico & Miguel. Now there is a couple other returns here. Alec Wilson is in Crocodile Dundee 3 but he's actually playing a different character which I have already gone thru earlier when I spotlighted 2019's Joker with Brett Cullen of what I think when they do that. He's a good guy this time. Also Steve Rackman returns as Donk which I loved that character :!: Really I think this was a fine way to end the franchise and make it trilogy. Had they made it later especially within the last decade it would have not been the same so I'm glad they made it when they did :)

Crocodile Dundee 3 - 1.jpg

Donk was played by classic Australian wrestler Steve Rackman. Notice the scars on his forehead & his missing teeth, he went thru some battles in his day :!:

Crocodile Dundee 3 - 2.jpg

Back in the day when I first saw him in My youngster mind I thought he looked like and could've been a Bushwacker :o

Now the music score was quite good pretty. Peter Best does not return here which was an issue if you liked the two previous scores because that's one of the key factors that makes any movie have it's personality. However the composer in replacement was none other than Basil Poledouris :!: Poledouris was truly a great one, I would imagine you would know him but probably not. He was a true master of music. He did top film scores for Conan the Barbarian & Conan the Destroyer, RoboCop 1 & 3, The Hunt for Red October, Under Seige 2: Dark Territory, Starship Troopers and many more. Some of these have the most fantastic themes ever heard and Starship Troopers is one of My most favorite scores ever, of all-time :batwink: I was quite sad that he died in November, 2006, Sadly just a few weeks later Shirley Walker passed away as well so that time was quite a bitter one :roll: So Poledouris' score for CDIII is quite good. He tries to make it in the same vain as the originals as he put together the Australian sounds and music you'd expect. Unlike Peter Best's score to CD2, this actually got released which to this day still boggles My mind why they never did :roll: Here's a sample of it :)

Here's some gifs from the films :)

Like I said before two days ago, I thought they were a good couple, in the movies & in real life :batsmile: :wwwink:

Diversity was great, Dundee doesn't care about the differences, friends is what counts!

While it's in nearly everything now and pushed so hard everywhere especially social media, it was actually funny in the 80s and with somebody as good as Mick Dundee it was darn funny when he'd encounter them.

This is what happens when you lived in the bush most of your life :o

This is how you make a "Donk" mad :!:

Now that's a Knife :shock:

As a big bonus here's posters from all three films :)

Crocodile Dundee 3 - 3.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:35 am

He did look like a Bushwacker, or a Sheepherder perhaps, lol.

Bonus:

And since you mentioned it, but didn't request it...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:48 am

Or the Sheepherders, that's right and I'm glad you know your wrestling history ;) OK, I was going to post that Dundee commercial trailer but you beat Me to it which is totally fine because I didn't know if you seen that before or not ;) My Grandma liked Danny McBride.

It's something in the title it says fake comedy movie. It was ok and had a cool cast of top Australians. So amazing that Mick Dundee was only in that one blink and you miss it scene, that's one of the reasons why I really dislike today's or rather this modern era's way of entertainment, it's always gotta be in a rush no matter what it is. I don't like rushing, I like to take My time and think about what I'm doing no matter what it is other wise it just ain't gonna be fun and/or done right. Look at the original Crocodile Dundee movies for instance or any movie in the 80s and 90s or decdes prior to them, That's another reason way I have such mixed emotions about 2001, that's when they started the fast paced movies and all that :roll:

OK, Starship Troopers. Now here's one that is really dandy. It came out in 1997, it had its 25th anniversary lat year and I recall renting this over at Schnucks on Loughborough when it was still good and had their Video Club. Originally I had an issue about it. I was only 16 at that time but I didn't like how they were casting all of these younger people. That trend started with 96's Scream & The Craft. I felt it was taking away the older actor's spots and stuff but now I look at them different because of the generations that came after them...I don't find them as good as the people in the 90s. It's really the same way I feel in wrestling & baseball. Now with that being said the movie is directed by Paul Verhoeven whom is one of My favorites. He did RoboCop, Total Recall & Hollow Man which were all superb films. He also did Basic Instinct and known for his raw action, violence, sexual situations & horror. I have always loved his style and especially his choices of composers. He was best friends with Jerry Goldsmith & Basil Poledouris, you couldn't get much better than that let Me ya :!: So the film is a bit of comedy at times kinda like RoboCop yet your supposed to take this very seriously. There was some people I knew like Michael Ironside & Marshall Bell whom are great veteran actors that Verhoevn used a lot in his films...just look at Total Recall for instance which I'll spotlight that one day because I loved that one and same thing for Hollowman! I knew Jake Busey a bit before this from Twister & The Frighteners which was cool but I really didn't know the other younger ones with the exception I was like oh that's guy that plays Doogie Hauser and that was it really. I knew Denise Richards a tiny bit beforehand and that she was supposed to be the next hot thing but she really never did anything for Me (see My Horror Topic, I talk much more about her in 2001's Valentine!), I liked Dina Meyer much more even though I didn't know her either. So the special effects were awesome, IMO the film still has some of the best ever seen. I loved how it was about these killer alien insects and that the human race is at war with them. It had a great mystery at WHY & HOW THEY BECAME SO SMART too! The violence & gore was at a fine level. The movie spawned some sequels and while they were decnet, they didn't have the fantastic feeling this one had. You can post them if you want to PB :)

Now as I had mentioned before, the score is by the late great Basil Poledouris, this is without a shadow of a doubt his grandest score and one of the best scores ever. I remember back in the day how score critics were actually applauding it and how it was the top score for a while believe it or :o I bought the score on CD a long time ago, it only ran 29 minutes which is so short and it's the funnest & quickest half hour you can do. I listened to it countless times back in the day, there was times I listened to it like five times at a setting, I was so excited about it. There's nothing like hearing a dynamic movie score on a big stereo, it's one of the funnest things anybody could do especially when your doing hobbies :) They did release a special complete edition many years later. So I'm going to provide four cues...

Intro & Fed Net march is truly fantastic, Poledouris was a pure genius and making such authentic military music :!:

Klendathu Drop is regarded as THE KEY track of the entire score and here's why :o

Tango Urilla is My favorite cue of the score, I love how it builds into this space military action horror fest, I bet I listened to this cue the most out of them all :batwink:

BUGS! This is pure action and it's incredibly fun :)

So that's Starship Troopers, it's a great fun film with an even better exciting musical score :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:38 pm

I didn't care for Starship Troopers. I can't imagine the special fx have aged well. It kind of reminded me of Ender's Game which was one of my favorite books growing up. I'd recommend reading it and the entire series. I was really excited when the movie came out, but for some reason, it wasn't as good as the novel. Few things ever are, I suppose.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:35 am

I never heard of Ender's Game till I saw the trailer back inn 2013 which was 10 years ago this year, just one of those that alluded Me. Another one about insectoids. I never seen the film, just haven't got to it. When a film does pay true to a book, game, comic, original concept etc. it doesn't go over with critics & plebeians I still like them and that's what counts :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:26 am

It's a decent movie but a much better novel. It was the first time reading a book as a kid where a twist at the end blew my mind.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:57 am

Well that that's great PB, cool that you recall it as much now as back then :)

I never knew that MVP: Most Valuable Primate film. It looked pretty good and it came out in 2000 :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:54 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions