Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:45 am

Oh that's great there PB :) I actually never seen Tootsie. Hoffman is a great actor however.

So this was the biggest movie along with Independence Day/ID4/ID-4 of the year of change that was 1996 (Sting was a great example as when he was explaining as he said it himself as I revealed earlier with the [b]1994's The Crow within the topic but there was so much more than that!) that was an absolute can't miss and I anticipated this so much back then. I remember it like it was yesterday when I saw it twice. Me and My Mom & her old friend Don from Sears went to see it then Me & My Grandparents saw it too at The Kenrick Wehrenberg Theater in Crestwood. If you knew this area then and if you saw this area now you would been on your knees in tears because it's all gone, the The Kenrick has been replaced by a Walmart & Bio Life, the whole plaza next to it is gone too. I've talked about it before, there was a cool Humphrey Bogart restaurant there that had nothing but pictures of him on the walls and great food. Me, My Mom and her tall boyfriend Kevin took My Grandparents there for their Wedding Anniversary in 1991 then We saw The Addams Family on a cold December night when things were still very special :) If you love Bogey then you would have had a ball there as it was the only one like it and now it's all gone :!: Even the building were Frank's Nursery & Crafts & Burger King were :x Now the entire area is like it's never existed before :( This is what I'm talking about people, you gotta preserve and think about your history and spread it around...I'm not joking here :!:

Here's a pic of what that great fun The Kenrick Wehrenberg looked like back then and keep in mind My Dad worked there as a projectionist and gave Me that awesome Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Poster I showcased a while back in My Vintage Action Figure Topic plus this is where I saw Willow in 1988 35 years ago this year as well as Jurassic Park in 1993 30 years ago this year not to mention many other great times including seeing 95's Batman Forever and 97's Batman & Robin :)

So Twister was a huge movie for Me and really for My Grandparents because We love Weather looking up at the sky looking at the clouds and all of that. My Grandma knew all the types of clouds and all of that stuff. I know weather but they were much wiser than I am even now. In My special double header in My Odds & Ends a while back when I showed My Elements Rage Weather Books that was originally My Grandma's that I adopted plus a special entry of Annie Burke who was a very special & wonderful woman that you don't want to miss, it's all located right here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48020.html?hilit=Annie%20Burke#p48020 So when I saw this movie I was so euphoric about that as is was presented in THX & SDDS Surround Sound. I loved Bill Paxton, he was always one of the guys We always talked about, My Grandpa always said his quotes from 1986's Aliens. It was something seeing Helen Hunt, as a 15 year old I really digged her. I loved Phillip Seymour Hoffman's Dusty character, he's one of My most favorite movie characters. Jake Busey & Carey Elwes!My Grandma really like the Aunt character :)

In fact the Dusty Character is truly one of My favs ever in a film, he's just so cool!

Now like I said during My Independence day spotlight I noticed so much changing and one of them was the women. The way they looked & dressed, boobs were bigger, their hair was better and all of that...the women in the 90s were arguably the best out of any decade. Look at Helen Hunt here for example :o

Jaime Gertz isn't the innocent lost girl in 87's The Lost Boys anymore :wwwink:

The chemistry between Paxton & Hunt was really good.

This being 1996, this was the start of nearly every film being dominated by CGI and feeling like a big event unlike any previous year including 1983,1989 & 1990 :o This film really changed My outlook on so much, just not movies but how I see Weather. I have never stopped loving weather, every day I love it and when there's rain & storms I never want it to be bad but I want it really exciting. IMO this is one of the greatest movies I ever seen. My Grandpa bought the VHS for Me when he worked at Sears and then when it came out on DVD I got it too! One day I may showcased in My Odds & Ends :)

Here is some of the awesome awesome posters & more :!:

The Trailers!

The awesome fun scene. I would have loved to be a storm chaser. Listen to the score here by Marc Mancina & Trevor Rabin, they NEVER released this music on CD, not even on the expanded edition :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Listen how they mix it up with Sammy Hagar & Van Halen... My Grandma loved this :)

Now as you just heard, it has one heck of a soundtrack, in fact it has one of the best DUAL soundtracks you could ever listen too. It has a ton of great songs by some of the greats including Eric Clapton. Now the score as I mentioned a minute ago is by Marc Mancina. He has a remarkable feat as he was Hans Zimmer's first trending Media Venture protege/colleague/student to use Zimmer's sound. This is really a historical feat because this is the type of sound that has dominated Hollywood's movie scores for decades now and even as I current speak :) Also Trevor Rabin is playing the guitar which he is a Zimmer guy as well which I just talked about him when I posted 99's Deep Blue Sea which he is a great composer as well :)

Now as much as My Grandma loved the score & them composers, she absolutely adored Eddie Van Halen's Respect the Wind even more :o I love it too, it's such a magical piece in-itself that totally matches the film. It was in the End Credits where they show the sky and the clouds in a time-lapse. I've always said about that We always watched the end credits for the great music in that is in the movies while everybody else walked off. In fact, there has never, I mean never been an end credit piece of music like this ever, I mean ever! This piece was written DIRECTLY FOR TWISTER and you talk about originality, now this is it :!: Listen to this masterpiece by Van Halen :!:

Now in My Odds & Ends in My special Playing Card Games Showcase, I had a very special story about Me & My Grandma and the time We had when the power went out. During that storm when We were going to & leaving Schnucks on Loughbough in 2004 I said about how We were listening to Twister in her Garfield Express. We listened to that score so much during the Spring & Summer months for so many years :) If you haven't had a chance to read it then I suggest you do, it's such an incredible story of Mine and I never had an experience like it since :) READ IT HERE ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48020.html?hilit=Annie%20Burke#p48020[/url]

So that will do it about 1996's Twister, I have always loved that one and always will. My next big movie spotlight will be 1985's My Science Project which is arguably My favorite movie of all, I first seen it when I was only about 6 years old :) Later ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:24 am

My sister was really into that movie.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 am

Well that is good because Twister is such a wonderful movie on many different levels :)

Fierce Creatures had a good cast, the score was by the legendary Jerry Goldsmith ;)

Today is Hulk Hogan's 70th Birthday, Happy Birthday Hulkster :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Hulk Hogan's 70th Birthday!.jpg

You can go and search thru this great topic, I spotlight many of of great roles :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:01 pm

I really liked Fierce Creatures for some reason. I watched it several times when it was on HBO back then.

Happy birthday to the Hulkster!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:59 am

So great, don't forget I did My take on Rocky III last year :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:22 pm

Just watched the original last night on a free Showtime preview...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:44 am

Well that's good. Nope, I never saw that one either, that looked really good. Jackie Earle Hayley was a good child actor, amazing what roles he got when he got older however including being Freddy Krueger in the 2010 reboot :o

OK, now I know you took your kids last year to see Jurassic World: Dominion without seeing the other ones first to get in that fun story building to see how it all came to be. Well, this year marks the 30th Anniversary of Jurassic Park from 1993 as I had pointed out before in My Showcases + I also said during My Twister spotlight the other day Me & My Family saw it at the Kenrick in 93, it was a huge time! This film really revolutionized Dinosaur films & Dinosaurs in general especially basically confirming that Birds are Dinosaurs! I had already said about how Stan Winston & ILM were geniuses at blending in CGI & animatronics. Well their re-releasing it on August 25th :o If your kids never seen it before then now would be a great time too. Heck, I would see to relive that whole great time all over again if I could :) If it would be Me I would do that and then see the others in order, their so good especially JP/// which is My favorite Jurassic Park film of all. I'll spotlight them all sometime later in a special order including JW:D because the beginning of the special extended director's cut was actually a prequel to JP1 :!:

JP - 30th 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:02 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:41 am

Oh yes, Crocodile Dundee. Me & My Grandma watched the heck out of both'em, We watched them both back to back countless times I mean like We'd watch'em like every other week. I'm not kidding, we did the same thing with Silver Bullett, Death Wish II & Gloria (1980) and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, We'd get on those kicks like that and binge them before binge was even a thing, it was great times and I never got tired of'em back in them days. I believe We rented Crocodile Dundee from the 7-11 I showcased in My Odds & Ends in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals. There's a lot of stuff in the film including Reginald VelJohnson and tons of real Australia!

That one scene in the trailer that kinda gives you the hint of sexy terror. I always thought that was something else. Linda Kozlowski was such a beauty that really never got the attention that she should have had and I don't know why. When I saw her in that swimsuit at My youngster age I was like wow, look at her butt, but as I got older and even now I'm she was such an unsung beauty that should have been so much more, still her physique & overall looks is truly one of the most classical stunning looking women of all in the old days and you never see anything like this in this modern era :batsmh: Shame her & Paul Hogan got divorced, when We'd watch it I'be like boy, them two is really married :wwwink:

Linda Kozlowski - Crocodile Dundee 1.jpg

The music was so great, it was by Peter Best. My Grandma loved the theme :)

Do the 2 sequels next PB, I really loved the second one ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:08 pm

Hey, you want to make request call into MTV! Just kidding. I don't even know if TRL is around anymore.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions