Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:23 am

I never saw the new one. Just didn't look like it had the same appeal as the original which I used to look for on the Wonderful World of Disney whenever it aired.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:33 am

It's pretty amazing when you get into it, I don't think you'll be disappointed ;) The Fox and the Hound was decent and came out the year I was born :o

Mark Margolis has died. It's a shame. I saw him in a lot of stuff. He was a really good bad guy actor but could play various other types of roles. He appeared in all three of the original Law & Orders and had memorable roles in 94's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and was the Pope in 99's End of Days.

Mark Margolis RIP 1.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:37 pm

Here's a gory classic for the horror fans.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:35 pm

Re-Animator is one I never actually saw.

RIP Mark Margolis. He was another one of those actors whose name I never really new but recognized him immediately when he was in something.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:48 am

Acid, that's something else. That was originally written by H.P Lovecraft. I don't know if you or PB know him. He was turn of the century horror master long before the likes of Stephen King among others of today. I know a lot of him and like the movies that is inspired by his stories. Metallica even wrote a great song called Call of the Cthulhu which I'll post that in time in My music topic. So the film is really fine and this was Jeffery combs' first movie I believe. He's a very underrated horror & sci-fi actor. He's like a cross between Bruce Campbell & Jim Carey. The score is by Richard Band, a greatly underrated horror composer and he is the brother of Charles Band who owned Full Moon Pictures which I love this sibling duo :blbat: Don't forget Bride of Re-Animator too :blww:

That's good you recognized Mark Margolis PB :) The Great Mouse Detective was good. It was amazing how Disney kept up their classic stuff in the 80s from decades prior. They style was slowly changing in the mid 90s.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:36 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:36 am

WarGames was good. My Grandma liked it. This was the first movie I believe that got Mathew Broderick & Ally Sheedy on the map. Also Dabney Colemen & Barry Corbin in it. Sheedy was nice looking and all that but I really never got into her. I've always liked Corbin. This was one of the early movies that really showed you computers, hackers and all that stuff that would be the obsessive stuff in the coming years. This is part of a huge lineup that was in 1983, it was such a massive movie year, still one of the biggest and has it's 40th anniversary is happening as I speak! The score was decent by Arthur B. Rubinstein which when his score finally came out on CD back in 2008 which also has an anniversary at 15 years ago :shock: It was a pretty a big release for score fans & collectors :)

So here's one more DC movie I thought I'd better do now while it's strong on My mind and that is 2019's The Joker :batconfused:

Joker 3 -.jpg

I saw this at the show when it came out. I saw this on the IMAX screen. When I first found out about it I was like oh great, here we go, yet another darn reboot...why must they do this :roll: I mean it's the same old characters done over and over with slight variations in their names & stories. Their just doing the thing that the toy companies do at "what sells" like I've said before. How many variants of Batman & John Cena do we need for example :?: So much time & effort is being wasted on stuff that's been dones so many times instead of stuff that's never ever been made before :roll: I've always been a person that's that wants rare & obscure things that many people doesn't want, know or even think about it. Imagine how it would have been if they chose a DC character never made in plastic before and never seen on the big screen before...surely there's other people that would like to see something new than something that's been rehashed more times than they can count :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: They had already established a cool reboot with The Joker in the Suicide Squad that belongs in the the "now retired" DCCU...it's really a shame that they didn't continue that one because I though Jared Leto's version was pretty nifty but nope, they ignored that choice and went with this reboot instead and if that isn't bad enough we gotta go through Bruce Wayne growing up again and going through the kids growing up to be the heroes & villains like the Gotham series, it was already done so much better in the original Batman movie series IMO...just leave it be for cryin' out loud :x

Now with that being said I'm not bashing the film. I'm just telling it the way it is. Now if you put aside of all of that like most critics don't, 2019's Joker is a great film on it's own. It has a really dark nature to it. It's nature is nothing like the 89 Joker & 08 Joker, it's in a very bleak 80s setting. I love the setting and how it's made however. Arthur Fleck's transformation is way different than those as it's a simple one and unlike them he originally starts out as a clown which after things happen after they really make him a savage & rageful due to his chronic condition from when he was a child, he goes mental and goes into the state of madness this becoming The Joker which his look is somewhat inspired by the DC Super Powers version :!: He's played by Joaquin Phoenix who is a great actor, one of the best in this modern era. He was really a bulky man but had to lose a lot of weight for this role, he looks quite anorexic. It also stars Robert De Niro among other familiar faces. Now there is an actor I knew and I really had an issue about it which I hate it when they do this. Brett Cullen is in The Joker and plays Bruce Wayne's dad. He was also in The Dark Knight Rises as a Congressman. The same guy in two different movies of the same kind that has nothing to do with each other. They did this with Chris Evans with him being The Human Torch in The Fantastic Four movies then he was chosen to be Captain America that had nothing to do with the previous Marvel films and if that wasn't bad enough they did that Ryan Reynolds when he was DC's The Green Lantern then it was forgotten and then became Marvel's Deadpool :roll: I have said it before, Me & My Grandma used to watch all three Law & Orders and We'd noticed all of these actors & actresses on all three of'em playing different roles...even the main cast characters were like that before they became a main character like Jerry Orbach for example and We'd make a list of'em which was a big one... We did the same for the three CSI shows because it happen a lot there as well and We're like damn, doesn't anybody notice this at all or do they think nobody will...it's really ridicules so here's Brett Cullen in The Dark Knight Rises & The Joker :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Brett Cullen in TDKR & TJ 1.jpg

Now as special bonus here's this. I'have always been a very observant person which I get that from My Grandma. I'm always paying to the little things & details that most people do not. During the huge chaotic street war between Gotham's law enforcement and The Joker's new followers of goons, there was a really cool sign I saw in the background that grabbed My attention. It was Ace in the Hole and I loved that Bottom's Up which is cool they put this in here because like I said this takes place in the hardened 80s :batwink:

Joker - Ace in the Hole 1.jpg

So with Me saying all of that, here's the trailer. I recall seeing this many times at the show for months as well as on TV :)

The music was by Hildur Guðnadóttir whom is a female Icelandic musician & composer. Like I said before, more women are getting into being in the fantastic occupation that is movie score composing. People should really be proud of them because of this (I'm using the old school proud, not this generation's version of the word). She's the same age as Me at 42 and she WON BEST SCORE FOR THE JOKER :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: She became THE FIRST WOMAN EVER to win BEST score for a movie in history :o This is wonderful and I love that fact however I think of this often and I'm like what a darn shame Shirley Walker didn't even get nominated for her epic score for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm when she IS THE PIONEER for women composers :!: I still think that is way better than this Joker score and this is coming from a guy that loves all kinds of Movie Scores and pays attention to them deeply that usually is not critical about them :shock: If you go back and play her wonderful score after you hear this new one, I'm sure you'll see what a huge difference there is between them I mean there is no comparison :) With that being said the score fits the film nicely with it's raw, gritty, and brutal 80s atmosphere :batsmile:

Now as a special bonus, during Wrestlemania of this year I posted this and if you missed it for whatever reason here it is again :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So Wrestlemania is less than only a couple weeks away now. Instead of putting this in My showcase cause I'm sure there's gonna be a lot I mean it's at least 3 days worth so I thought put this here so you can prepare yourself :!:

Yet another real life couple, here's Seth "Freakin" Rollins acting like Joaquin Phoenix's 2019 Joker :shock: He does a really good job here and there's a new cool version of his awesome theme here which I love it when the crowd sings it :!: His wife Becky Lynch appears as a inspired Batman with a deep voice. Seeing this makes Me think of what else they could have done with that movie since it had to be rebooted into yet another telling of the "Clown Prince of Crimes". Anybody that is on this forum should check this and talk about it whether they like WWE or not because this promo is GOLD :batgrin:

OK, that will do it for 2019's Joker. I'm going to do My list now which is going to be great. My three main ones is Twister, My Science Project & Big Trouble in Little China which I believe I'm going to do it in that order because these are three of My all-time favorites :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:49 am

Never saw The Joker. I just lost almost all interest in superhero movies after the first couple Marvel films.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:21 am

Oh but the stargee beauty of this is there is no superhero...the Joker is THE ONE & ONLY that your rootin' fo here :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

I never saw Nine to Five, really I don't think I ever knew about it. Dolly Parton looked quite nice there ;) Dabney Colemen yet again as well

So the other day Bing had a poll about wrestlers in movies with Mandy Rose there who has disappeared because of stupid reasons that would make the Attitude Era laugh all night...

Bing Wrestler Movies 1.jpg

I voted for The Rock NOT because I like him, because I find "some" of his movies great like The Scorpion King, Doom, Rampage & Skyscraper more than John Cena's films.

Bing Wrestler Movies 2.jpg

Too bad the poll isn't larger or different. I would have loved it if it was between Hulk Hogan & Terry Funk...not that would be a toss up but I would ultimately vote for "the Hulkster if I could :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:31 pm

I voted for the Rock as well. My mom really liked 9 to 5. I don't think I ever saw the whole film, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions