Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:54 am

I see. Well Knock on the Cabin is very serious, no comedy at all while Cocaine Bear isn't. Not like Lake Placid comedy but it's the scenes and how their done that is goofy. I was kinda chuckling & cringing about it here and there.

Condorman, the superhero spy comedy, there's really not another movie like that one :batsmh: :wwshock: :smgrin:

OK, now before I get to My list, here's one I've been wanting to do for a while...It's Batman: Mask of the Phantasm :batshock:

B-MOTP 1.jpg

This came out in 1993, 30 years ago this year :o I recall it like last week when We rented this from Star Video. I loved the Batman: The Animated Series that this was a part of. It was one of the last great cartoons ever IMO. I loved how realistic, gritty, dark and violent it was. After Batman Returns in 92 I was wanting more Batman and with that series and this movie was pretty satisfying. The late great Kevin Conroy voices The Dark Knight. It plays out as an origin to the animated series, has got some really dandy parts and the story of The Phantasm is really surprising. Here's the trailer :batrasp:

Now, here's the big part. The music isn't by Danny Elfman, it's by his musical partner Shirley Walker :!: I recently talked about her and I'm finally going more in-depth about her. She is THE pioneer of women movie composers. She was Elfman's assistant, orchestrator, & conductor. He owes a lot to her, without her he wouldn't be the Elf we know today...one reason is she helped with his sound :!: She did a lot of great DC stuff. She did 1990's The Flash, 1993's Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures & Batman Beyond. She also did John Carpenter's 1992 Memoirs of an Invisible Man & 1996 Escape from L.A. She is also known for her great horror scores such as 2000's Final Destination. She has conducted & orchestrated countless scores for movies including Elliot Goldenthal's awesome score for 1995's Batman Forever & 1997's Batman & Robin. Sadly she died in 2006 which was a sad day for Me because she was so darn good. Her score for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm has been used in many trailers and fans that have made Batman fan-made movies have used her score in them and NOT Elfman's :batgrin: Now are you ready for her MAIN TITLE for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm :?: It's tremendous...listen to that choir, it's so epic :!:

OK, well I hope you liked that and was wowed about Shirley Walker, she was one of the unsung elites of movie music and I hope her music will go further on for a very long time, I know it will with Me. I'll do a a grander one of her in My Composer Topic in the future :batwink: OK, now next I'm gonna work on My list that I said earlier ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:20 am

I never really got into BTAS, but I did rent that when it came out. It was good, it's just Batman was never a favorite of mine and at that time I didn't really care for it, though I've come to appreciate that series more in later years.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:43 am

I see. Oh that was really good PB, that's a good send off to Pee-wee. I saw Buffy at the Drive-in in Crestwood along with A League of their Own with My Mom & her boyfriend Jasper in 1992. It was a cool time. Kristy Swanson was a real hottie. Amazing to see Jack Perry's dad there too and what a vampire Pee-wee made :o

OK, yesterday got Me thinkin' so I thought heck I'll do this since it was around those good times.

1990 - 22-.jpg

Yes, The Flash! I loved how this was back then in 1990. I was like holy crap, it's like Batman and his suit is very similar too We watched the pilot and the series when it was TV. It's really a shame that they didn't cross this over with Batman I mean the set ups were there :roll: Keep in mind Dick Tracy & Captain American came out in the same year :o Here's the trailer to the pilot!

One of the big reasons why I thought it was so much like Batman was because of the score, it was by the great duo of Danny Elfman & his partner Shirley Walker. That poster you saw above I made a few year ago in 2020 when I made a special for Myself when 1990 had it's 30th anniversary because I loved 1990! This is THE score that got her on the map before she did the Batman Animated Series & Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and the rest in her great career. Here's the intro & outro...listen to this and watch this as it is so great!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:30 am

I loved The Flash tv series when it came out. It was unlike anything on TV at the time. I was very sad when it got cancelled. I picked up the DVD set years ago and still have it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:35 am

Ah, Flight of the Navigator. A great one. That was actually a fan made trailer. I'm familiar with that YTuber which they're pretty good, they put the movie scores within the trailers. I make stuff like that too. That music is by Alan SIlvestri. Paul Ruebens was in that as well, cool PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:04 pm

I just saw this and I'm glad he's getting charged in Treat William's death :roll:

Treat Williams RIP 4.jpg

Treat Williams RIP 5.jpg

My favorite movie of all time with him is 1998's Deep Rising which has it's 25th anniversary this year. I'll do a special about it either here or in My Horror Topic :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:13 pm

Isn't unfairly cruel that the person that causes the accident almost always walks away with minor injuries when the other party is killed? Seems like that's the way it often go.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:03 am

Yeah and I wonder :?: Pete's Dragon was good, I saw the remake in 2016 at the show.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:38 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:52 am

Oh Winnie the Pooh was pretty fun, My Mom recorded that for Me long ago along with the live action TV show on the Disney Channel, remember that classic one PB :?: I saw a bit of Pooh back then ;)

OK, back to Pete's Dragon 2016. It was a pretty decent film and while it is a kids film and kinda old school like I prefer, it is mysterious and scary at times. It stars Bryce Dallas Howard whom is Ron Howard's daughter of the Jurassic World films. When I see her I see him, kinda like a Charlotte & Ric Flair scenario there. Also stars the great Karl Urban, the iconic Robert Redford and Isiah Whitlock Jr. whom was just in Cocaine Bear. If you never seen this and if your kids are interested I would see the original and the remake back to back, you can see how similar and how different they are which both are quite fun :)

The music was pretty good. It was by Daniel Hart. He actually replaced Howard Shore of the awesome & epic Lord of the Rings movies :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions