Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:16 am

I believe I recall Roger Ebert saying that somewhere :shock: Oh Jaws IV: The Revenge was actually good but reallt the subtitle GOES BOTH WAYS, not only for THE SHARK but also BRODY'S WIFE :o This one also has it's anniversary this year from 1988 which is it's 35th :!: This is actually a Christmas movie that hardly if anybody ever mentions. The elder son is played by a different guy this time...his death scene to this day really get's Me, the way it's done is really horrific. I recall when I first saw it way back then I was asking My Grandma why he didn't feel the pain and she told Me because she was bitten by baby Sharks when she went down in Georgia, you don't feel it right away because of how their skin & teeth is...she caught a baby Great White and baby Hammerhead. She'd show Me the pictures in her photo album with her hands being a bloody mess and My Grandpa saying to that her hands are bloody and she didn't notice it at all. She always showed Me her scars on her hands, still the scene it creeps even a horror freak like Me out :batshock: Anyway, the film is good. Peacock actually has all four films on right now ;)

Here's the great score of John Williams continued by Michael Small, it's really performed well :)

I got 4 Shark movies, in mind next but if you are thinking of the same ones as I am then join in too ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:55 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:31 am

I never seen I Like to Hurt People, that looked interesting. Andre the Giant vs. Abduallah the Butcher, Ox Baker and kids crying...oh My :o

OK, so to continue Jaws, there's a scene in Back to the Future Part II of Jaws 19. What I'm about to present is this special OFFICIAL parody trailer. This was on My special 20th Anniversary Back to the Future DVD Set of all three films and even the cartoons that I got back in 2015 which is actually the year the film takes place and is My favorite of the trilogy :o

BTTFP2 was one of the many great films of 1989, here's the scene I was talking about ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:18 am

I always liked the original BTTF the most.

Part of me feels like i did this one already but it didn't look like it from the youtube vids that popped up, so forgive if I did this one before.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:03 am

I see. Actually I don't recall you posting Time After Time, that had a great cast :!:

The music was by Miklos Rosza, he was one of My Grandpa's favorites of the golden age of movie composers. He could tell you all about him, even more than I could, listen to this classic :)

I got 4 more Shark movies then I'm gonna move on to others including some action fighting films including the TMNT movies and 3 of My all-time favorites, My Science Project & Big Trouble in Little China and Twister! I don't know what order they will be however but when I do the TMNT they will be in order.

Here's 1999's Deep Blue Sea, this gave movies a whole new terror of Sharks! It starred Saffron Burrows, Thomas Jane, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Rapaport, and LL Cool J. Burrows was really great looking here and this is the first movie I recall seeing her in. I knew Jackson since the first Jurassic Park & Loaded Weapon in 93, 30 years ago this year and he really shines here. This is actually the first movie I saw Jane & Rappaport in. I knew LL Cool J from MTV years before hand. My Grandma loved his Parrot. It has some really surprising moments you ain't gonna expect if you never saw it before! I know when We first did back in 99 it was quite thrilling. This film spawned a couple sequels but I'm not doing them or at least for now.

The Score is by Trevor Rabin! THE same Trevor Rabin of the Rabbit & YES Rock Groups. He is one of Hans Zimmer's guys and by 1999 the Media Venture Sound was already a trending, household thing. It was great times and this score is so fun to listen too.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:07 am

Yeah, I recall that. In the late 90s it seemed like the time to CGI every kind of animal that could kill you. Sharks...crocodiles...Jon Voight...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:20 am

Yeah it was kinda the start of the everything CGI stuff but it was still fun ;) IMO that was Jon Voight's best role, I loved how he looked and his acing was superb. His character is one My favorite bad guys. It had a good cast and this was the first time I saw J-Lo. Kari Wuhrer is really nice looking but not as hot as she was in Thinner a year before in 96. Me & My Grandparents saw this at the Wehrenberg dollar show in South County in 97, when We saw it We were pretty excited about it. My Grandma hated snakes but she liked this movie and she loved the music which I do too. We listened to it all the time in her Garfield Express :) It's by Randy Edelman who did Ghostbusters II, Kindergarten Cop & The Mummy III. He has such great sound!

Now I know you sometimes don't know about sequels. They made a great sequel called Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid. It's weird you posted Anaconda cause I'm mentioning this in a huge showcase for My Odds & Ends I'm working on which will be done soon. It came out 2004. While it really doesn't follow the first one, it's actually more of a Cryptozoological type of film in a way and its really dandy and spawned some good sequels that I'll get to later ;)

Now it has a totally different composer and guess what...it's a WOMAN :!: Yes, There is women composers too. Not many of them. Wow, I thought Shirley Walker (Danny Elfman's partner) was something before but dang...she is also one of a My all-time favorites and her name is Nerida Tyson Chew... I absolutely love how she is and how fun & aggressive her writing is. When I first heard this when I got My CD in 2004 from Deep Discount (yes, a Shark themed CD & Toy Store that still exists!) I was astounded. If only more women got in on this job & hobby...the things they could do because this sounds arguably even better than the men composers :batshock: :wwwink: :smgasp: . DON'T SKIP THESE YOU'LL LOVE THEM :!:

THIS IS SO WONDERFUL!!!!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:09 pm

I knew there was a sequel, but I'd lost interest in those types of movies by then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:29 am

I see. Well it's different with Me, always been a monster & creature feature kinda of person :blbat:

Ah the Birds, that was a great horror film with a young Jessica Tandy! During this time Birds weren't considered to be reptiles and the "last living Dinosaurs" that they are today. I have some Hitchcock trivia. Alfred Hitchcock was a master director and he really had his ways especially the actresses :batwink: :wwsmh: :smgrin: He also was a genius when it came to music & sound. Around the 1920s when he was in Germany, he was listening to German Radio and hearing German inventor Friedrich Trautwein who created the synthesizer, Hitchcock was amazed by this and so fascinated with it. As he matured and got into film making, Like Spielberg, Lucas & Williams, Burton & Elfman, Dante & Goldsmith, and Howard, Cameron & Horner, Hitchock had a partnership with Bernard Herrmann whom is My favorite golden era composer. My Grandparents loved him and told Me about him and really pointed out his music to Me way back in the day :) However Hitchcock decided to make an experiment and not to use an actual score :? He only used sound effects by a electroacoustic Mixtur-Trautonium to create & duplicate the bird calls & noises. He hired Oskar Sala along with Remi Gassmann thus making a electronic sound production and composition because they were masters of this back then. Now he did use some "source music" like Claude Debussy's Deux arabesques & Chubby Parker's "Nickety Nackety Now Now Now". Of course he did hire Herrmann as a sound consultant to make sure it all went smooth because he was like your John Williams of that era and in fact legendary Elmer Bernstein & Danny Elfman idolized him and when they were chosen to do the music for the remakes of 91's Cape Fear & 98's Psycho, they didn't compose there own scores...they re-performed Herrmann's in honor of him! I hope you liked that trivia. There's plenty more great Hitchcock films you could post PB ;)

OK, moving on to the Shark movies I had planned. So here's Shark Night 3D. I don't know if you seen it or not. I saw this at the show in 2011 and unlike the early 80s as I said about before with Jaws 3D, 3D came back in 2008, 15 years ago this year (I know this because I went with My Auntie Wanda and saw Journey to the Center of the Earth as it was the first 3D film of the era) and it was being craved by people which I really liked it with the larger, black compact 3D glasses in packages. It's a fine film though it's PG-13 and like so much come 2011 was really toned down and the sheer feeling of horror that we felt decades prior was almost gone :roll: It really has a cast on unknowns basically however one of the main characters is none other than Donal Logue. I know we just talked about him in your Zen Topic PB and if you never seen this film and you like him I suggest you do sometime because his role is really surprising which I didn't expect that to happen what happen in the movie when I saw it at the show and if your interested don't cheat and look online for clips, it will spoil the entire experience that you could have had :shock: There's a number of species in this including the Sand Tiger Shark which has always been a real monster to Me, way more frightening than a Great White! Here's the trailer of Shark Night 3D :blww:

The score is pretty good, it's by great action & horror composer Graeme Revell!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:35 pm

Hmm, can't say I ever heard of that one. I like Donal Logue. He was one of the few decent things on the Fox Gotham show.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions