Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:01 am

Ah Porky's II, now that one I don't recall the talk like the first one back in the day.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:36 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:06 am

Ah how about that, the trifecta of Porky's...great 80s comedies PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:53 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:21 am

Jaws was the first popcorn summer movie that started the trend that still continues this day. Also it made people realize how important movie music is and made John Williams a household name. My Mom saw it she was young and the show and she was quite scared. There's a ton I could talk about but I'll talk about but if you post the sequels it will be more fitting.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:51 pm

Well, I guess I have to do Jaws 2 then, huh. But I first as story. We weren't at a baseball game over the weekend and they I brought up the Earl of Bud that used to do Tequila on the dugout, I know we talked about him already. So that lead to the Pee Wee Herman dance talk and my son didn't remember seeing Pee Wee's Big Adventure before because he was probably 4 or 5 the last time we watched it, so finally last night we watched it again. That movie is pretty timeless. They really enjoyed it and I can watch it over and over again. The best part was seeing them react to Large Marge, lol. And my daughter is a big Beetlejuice fan (she went with my mom to see the touring Broadway version earlier this year), so during one of the dream sequences I told her PWBA was done by the same director and composer as Beetlejuice, and you can tell in those sequences. The other thing I thought I'd mention, was when Pee Wee comes out of the bike shop I noticed that next door was an FW Woolworth's. I probably knew that before, but I thought I'd mention it because of all talk about Woolworth's. Anyway, just wanted to share that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:23 am

Well that is a wonderful piece of trivia that you shared there PB :) That is so cool that you said that it was by the same director & composer, I hope it clicked and sparked a desire in them especially your daughter since she is young and likes Beetlejuice at wanting to know and hear how great movie scores are because it's so fun to get into, listen and think & talk about, the world needs more people to have the fun like that :) That is also very cool in PWBA that there is a FW Woolworth, that is radical that you noticed that and that you brought it to My attention, thanks PB :)

OK, back to Jaws. I already said about My Mom seeing it when she was a girl and being scared, it has some truly gruesome scenes for the time hence why My Mom was scared. My Grandparents loved it especially My Grandma, she adored Sharks and thought they are so neat. They are living fossils. She read the novel first and told Me many times how they changed things in the movie. I had already said & showcased how much she loved the LJN NES Video Game and beat it countless times. Jaws is such a great one and yes, it's really a horror film and it can be scary especially the story that Quint (Robert Shaw) tells near the climax. 1975 is really an important year because as I said previously Jaws spawned the summer popcorn flick that continues as I speak. This was the film that Steven Spielberg got his start and as I said before this is the film that got John Williams on the map despite he had already been composing for decades prior. Here's his iconic theme that made the film what it became :!:

Now the sequel is just as good, it almost has the same cast and basically everything the first had and arguably it really follows the first one more than any other sequel in any franchise, they did it quite well IMO. Here's John Williams's totally tremendous Jaws II Main Title :)

Last Summer, Me & Mom saw all 4 films on Peacock, it was great :) they got the first on on now. If your gonna do the other two, there stuff to talk about there as well ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:47 am

That's cool that you rewatched them. I think every person has done that dun-dun John Williams Jaws music when trying to sneak up on someone, in or out of a swimming pool, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:47 am

Yes it is, We like to watch an entire series of films. Like for example, earlier in the year We watched all of the original Planet of the Apes films, the entire live action TV show & classic animated TV show, the Spaceballs Ape scene, the 2001 film and the reboots. It can be so fun watching stuff like that and I love the continuity of stories too :) Jaws 3 or Jaws 3D is quite good. This came out in 1983 which not only celebrates its 40th anniversary this year but it was an absolute huge movie year. 3D was coming back but it didn't stay long however...people didn't crave it till the mid 2000s. It continues where the second one left off. Your three main stars is Dennis Quaid, Lea Thomson and Louis Gossett Jr. Quaid plays Brody's elder son. Thomson is really sweet in this, not as wonderful as her Beverly in Howard the Duck but superbly nice none the less. It has a lot of different killing scenes of the shark that wasn't done before and really I've never seen it done in any other horror monster movie before or after it, some of it is really radical. Since it was 3D, it seems a bit weird without the glasses but that goes for any 3D movie.

Yes, see, that is another reason why movie score music is so important, without that the movie would be so much lesser. Now John Williams didn't return for the third one, Alan Parker took his place. Honestly, this is My favorite score of the 4 films, I love how he used Williams' theme and made it his own. I so love it when a composer does that :)

One more to go PB and I'l tell ya little something about the fourth one too :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:13 am

Roger Ebert "And what shark wouldn't want revenge against the survivors of the men who killed it?"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions