Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:21 am

Oh those were the days when you could watch movies in school. My school did that too, I'd like show My movies including My Willow VHS that I showcased. I had to watch what content was in the movies because it was a Catholic school plus it was different times, cool PB :)

I never saw Tin Cup either, yet another that I didn't got around to see. Kevin Costner, Rene Russo & Don Johnson...what a trio ;) My Grandpa loved golf but We mostly went to the driving ranges, boy I got some stories about that I may talk about sometime down the road cause We did that like weekly for years & years till he got bad sick :roll: It was always fun doing that especially when We'd go to Tower Tee too just not golf but also do the Batting Cages too, gosh I miss those days so much :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:46 pm

Tin Cup was pretty decent. I saw it in the theater. Kevin Costner plays the loveable rascal athlete like no one else can.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:57 am

Well that is good. Happy Gilmore was fine, I saw it at the show when it came out in 96, I recall I was surprised when I saw Richard "Jaws" Kiel in it!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:55 am

Happy Gilmore is probably the upper end of Adam Sandler movie since he plays the same basic character in every movie in the 90s and 2000s, lol.

I really wanted to post the trailer to Carousel from 1956 to go along with Soliloquy, but there strangely isn't an actual trailer on youtube. Sad face.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:34 am

Yeah, he's one of those guys that is the same in just about everything. Huh, yeah you'd be surprised about what movies don't have actual trailer :? Ah Caddy Shack II, that was a good with a really good cast :lol:

Ah darn, there's more news about Julian Sands, he knew the risks and conditions and he did it anyway :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Julian Sands 7.jpg

Julian Sands 8.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:49 am

Well, that seems like a risk I wouldn't have taken. Some people just need too much excitement, or ways to spend their money. Like those guys on that Titanic sub. Sad, but at the same time, kind of an needless risk.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:09 am

:roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

I never saw Xanadu before, good trailer :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:59 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:00 am

I never saw Fame but those were truly cool times ;) Here's Flashdance which has it's 40th anniversary this year :o Jennifer Beals is such a beauty :batwink:

Here's one of the great songs in it ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:58 am

I've actually never seen either movie, but I heard the songs countless times. Sadly, Irene Cara passed last November at the age of 63.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions