Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:22 am

I always liked when Peter Graves would be on before a movie and would talk about the film like that. They still do that with some of the older films, but they do play a lot of newer films now, too. But I'll still catch some much older films on there. There'll be songs that come on SiriusXM with the release date and it'll be astonishing that some are 30-40 years old already. The local radio station that's called Oldies 104 that used to play "classic music" from the 50s and 60s now plays "classic music" like AC/DC and Prince. We're just becoming the old folks, lol.

Now, it's time for What's...On...TV!

Right now, on IFC...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:13 am

A long time ago when My Grandpa got sick in 96 it seemed like so much that he loved was going down hill, changing into what we know today and so forth. He was getting pi$$ed how they started altering with AMC then they took off his favorite radio station called Classic 99. It was of course local and it focused on classical music with such greats like Beethoven, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Ravel & Holst. I listened to that station all the time with him when We'd go out, he'd take Me to & pick Me up from school, going to the Golfing Ranges & Batting Cages, taking Me to My Doctor Visits, going to stores and whatever else We'd do together. He was so depressed that they took it off in about 2000 or so, it was a very sad because it was Our only local station like that and if that wasn't enough My Grandma's favorite station KLOU.103 totally changed from playing non-stop classic songs from the 50s - 70s to strictly stuff from the 80s & 90s. Not that, that it's bad but so many things are stepping away from the stuff that made they what they, channels like MTV and even radio stations :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: We might becoming the old folks but really it's not that of what's going on here I'm afraid :roll:

OK, moving on. Tomorrow is The Fourth of July so get ready for a big ID-4 spotlight of both movies from Me :batwink:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:40 pm

Ah, ID was a great movie for the time. I actually read the novelization on a bus ride to Cleveland back then. I think I told that story, though, lol.

Well, today, 160 years ago, was day 2 of the Battle of Gettysburg that lasted from July 1 to July 3 in 1863...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:37 am

Gettysburg was a great film. Jeff Daniels was really good. This was the first time I believe when I first truly saw and knew what The Civil War was when I saw it when it first came out in 1993 which this year marks it's 30th anniversary :shock:

ID4 was great then and it still is. What's great in the past still is now IMO :!:

So as I said yesterday, it is now The Fourth of July and how apropos it is for Me to present a spotlight on one of the greatest blockbuster movie franchises ever!

So this was the biggest movie along with Twister of the year of change that was 1996 (Sting was an explain as he said it himself as I revealed earlier with the [b]1994's The Crow with the topic but there was so much more than that!) that was an absolute can't miss and I anticipated this so much back then. I remember it like it was yesterday when Me and My Family which was My Grandparents & Mom all went to The Kenrick Wehrenberg Theater in Crestwood. We usually all went together for epics like this for example we did the same with 1993's Jurassic Park. Here's a pic of what that great fun show looked like back then :)

Here is some of the awesome awesome posters :!:

I knew of the director beforehand Roland Emmerich with his great Stargate movie two years prior which really was the start of My modern extraterrestrial frame of mind so when this came about I was astounded and looking up at the theater's ceiling thinking are they up there while we're seeing this new alien movie :o I knew Bill Pullman from Spaceballs and Jeff Goldblum from numerous films including 1986's The Fly. I briefly knew Will Smith. Of Course I knew Randy Quaid from Christmas Vacation which this film maybe his best :!: It was cool to see Adam Baldwin because he was in Predator 2 and Brent Spiner because he was Star Trek: The Next Generation's Data :!: There were many people from other things like Eric Avari from Stargate and a couple from Mrs. Doubtfire. Harry Connick jr. from Copycat, Raphael Sbage from one of My all-time favorite movies My Science Project was here and so was Dan Lauria. Even Rance Howard (Ron's dad) and WWF's Joe Fowler was there as well :!:

Now there was a very BIG & KEY scene for Me. My Mom got Me one of the Alien Harvester action figures from Venture and they were made by St. Louis's own Trendmasters which I heavily expressed My times about them in PB's Toy Commercial Topic because they were close to My favorite and like Kenner they had a ton of fantastic licences and their headquarters were right in Downtown St. Louis which from My location I could be there within 15 minutes or less :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: So when I first saw the little boy playing with Trendmasters' great Godzilla figures I was very surprised and thrilled about it and really that feeling still remains with Me to this day and to think Emmerich would make his own Godzilla movie two years later in 1998 which is 25 years ago this year and Trendmasters would make those as well :shock:

Now another thing that I was really liking and noticing was how the women were changing their looks and becoming hotter come 1996. I actually started noticing it a bit earlier with Sunny in the WWF in the middle to late 1995 but definitely in early 1996. By time I first saw Twister I though Helen Hunt & Jami Gertz looked incredible and keep in mind this was before I saw ID4. The two women in this film Independence Day really caught a 15 year old Brandon's attention which was Margret Colin & Vivica A. Fox, here they are together :batwink: :smwink:

However I was pretty stunned how Fox was and that her character was a stripper :o She was quite hot & beautiful and really she was the first black babe that I felt about like that :batblush:

Here's the epic trailer, notice S.E.T.I. in the beginning :!:

SCENES!!!

We Came in Peace for All Mankind, this scene is so darn haunting :batshock: :wwshock: :smummm:

They Arrive which this is so awesomely bleak :!:

Time's Up!! The special effects is so incredible and still holds up to this day IMO and keep in mind 1996 is when they made so many movies seem like a huge event with such explosive effects that I still prefer as I speak :!:

Here is Area 51 and the Alien Harvester Autopsy!!!

The President's Speech is one of greatest ever :!:

The Score is by British composer David Arnold who did 1994's Stargate and he really changed the game for movie scores that year and it continues this very moment. Any big movie score fan and even composers will tell you that so listen to this wonderful epic :!:

So now here's the sequel from 2016 :shock:

I love this cool video they made that totally takes itself seriously and it's called The War of 1996!!

Here's the posters of the 2016 epic sequel...Independence Day: Resurgence :!: I saw this 3 times at the show, twice on the IMAX screen :o I waited 20 years for the sequel and it happen :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Now many of the original cast members return including Pullman, Goldblum, Spiner & Storey, Fox, Hirsh and Loggia makes a very special appearance here before he pasted away. The Madame President is played by Sela Ward. As you know I like older women and she is still really, really nice :batwink: The kids are grown up and played by different people. Liam "Baby Thor" Hemsworth plays a good part. William Fitchner, Patrick St. Esprit, Charlotte Gainsbourg & DeObia Oparei is the same as usual and Angelababy is kinda sweet and a nice looking Asian babe.

Now like so many movies over the past decade or perhaps even longer it's so fast paced, if you blink the scene will be over and your like what just happen :? It's a very dark nature film despite most of the world has become one nation. Things happen when you least expect it with characters being killed off and your like why did this happen :? The magic of truly great and fun films has been gone for quite a long time and has absolutely zero feeling of the first one however this film is a really cool and an entertaining one which serves as a definite sequel which I was glad because I'm so tired of reboots so here's the Trailer!!

SCENES!!

The Opening Sequence :!:

The Alien Queen Harvester and Action!!

The Score is by Harald Kloser & Thomas Wander whom are partners with Emmerich and even has some additional credits of making his films. Their score is tremendous and if you know Emmerich's other recent epics such as 10,000 B.C. & 2012 then you know what to expect this to sound like. Personally I prefer David Arnold's original ID4 score and his style but I have grown accustom with their scores since the early 2000s :)

BONUS: Here is My ID4 Merchandise that I previously showcased in My Video Game and Odds & Ends Topics.

Here is My Independence Day figures by Trendmasters :!: When i first saw these over at Venture I was quite thrilled about how they look :batwink:

Here is My really cool Inside ID4 CD-Rom for Windows 95. When I first got this I thought it was truly incredible :!:

Here is the really fun Scrapbook :!:

Here's My original VHS that I got from Star Video, it was one of THE last things I ever got from them :roll:

Here is My 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray of Independence Day with is truly epic with all of the deleted & extended scenes IN the actual film that makes the movie much more grander and also the Independence Day: Resurgence Combo Pack together, I love feeling these covers :!:

Wow, there's My special Independence Day movie spotlight, I hope you liked it and have a very happy & safe Fourth of July :batsmile: :wwsmile: :smsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:24 am

ID4 really was a great summer movie. I saw in the theater opening night and everyone clapped at the end. It was a full theater, too. The sequel I saw a few years after it came out. It was ok. Not as bad as u expected but not as good as the first.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:31 am

Well that's cool you had a good experience too and I'm glad you saw the sequel as well :) Amazing that you chose another great Roland Emmerich film in The Patriot :!: This was far different from his previous epics like Stargate, Independence Day & Godzilla. He was going thru a historical & conspiracy route in the 2000s rather than from sci-fi with aliens & monsters however don't forget he did do the first Universal Soldier with Van Damme & Lundgren in 1992 which was also a darn good movie :batwink: Mel Gibson was an obvious choice to play the lead and the villain was great too in Jason Issacs whom I thought would have always been a good 007 James Bond but he was never chosen. It was the first film I saw Heath Ledger in :o This was a very realistic, gritty & violent war epic that is really underrated. When I first saw the title in 2000 I was like what, Steven Seagal just had a movie on HBO titled that a few years ago :shock: Now one of the most surprising things about the film is that the music isn't by David Arnold whom Emmerich had a partnership with his 3 previous epics. I never knew what happen to their friendship really which is a shame :roll: So Emmerich got John Williams to do it which was a great yet a very odd choice and still to this day it remains a questionable one. This would be the only time he would use Williams however as he would befriend Harald Kloser & Thomas Wander as I noted in My ID4 spotlight just yesterday with their Independence Day: Resurgence and this friendship still is ongoing as I speak. So here's John William's The Patriot, if you listen to him often and know how he writes than you'll notice he somewhat changed a bit as he was gearing for Attack of the Clones. This is really good and I love the little haunting melody near the climax :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:01 am

I have never actually seen The Patriot.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:10 am

If you're into that very Braveheart-ish, Master and Commander-ish realm of classical action epics, Patriot's a good one. It's a classic Dad Movie, you know?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:28 am

Glory is one film I haven't got around too. Yeah, what he said about it being a Dad movie. Like I said it's a violent war epic and it has a great paring of father & son in Gibson & Ledger but I wouldn't recommended it for that because it's not pleasant what happens to the son, you'd have be to strong to watch that and not shed a tear or two :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:42 am

Now Glory we actually watched in school. Must've been 7th or 8th grade, I don't remember for sure.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions