Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:58 am

I never seen nor knew about Bad Manners :shock:

One day recently Me & My Mom were going to watch YT or Peacock or both. Well Our Internet provider Spectrum/Charter had a big maintenance update, that meant no internet for hours and We usually watch TV for a long while. We're like well what are We going to watch :? She came up with a good idea/plan. She has this old DVD Set Tough Guys Set called Men of Action of old movies that she bought way back in the in mid 2000s and We never watched it, it was still basically brad new. Well, that started a trend for at least a couple weeks there as there is 20 movies on there. Like I said before, people and this generation rely on the Internet all too much and what are they going to do when there's no Internet whatever the cause maybe :? It's always, always good to have a physical copy of something in hand whether it's a movie, video game or music. I've always been like that and you don't want to be SOL as Dirty Harry would say. Now with that being said, the very first movie on her set was this 1953 Humphrey Bogart movie called Beat the Devil :!:

I know you like Bogey PB :) I never seen it before, it was quite different, here's the trailer :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:04 pm

That was actually a pretty good movie. I like most things with Bogey in it, so it isn't hard to please me.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:57 am

Oh that's good. I never seen Sabrina. I'm not that hard to please about stuff either ;)

Here's Disney's Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time :!:

It's based from the video game. I've only played the SNES game. I saw the film during the absolute huge movie year of 2010. It was quite good :)

The score is great by Harry Gregson-Williams, of Hans Zimmer's many good colleagues :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:10 pm

Never played the game nor saw the movie. Didn't really do much of either around that time.

Dan Akroyd is 72 today!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:46 am

I never seen The Couch Trip. How about that, the guy at the end of the trailer is the Sedgewick Hotel manager in Ghostbusters :shock: Happy B-Day to Dan Aykroyd, one of the best and most intelligent actors :)

I liked the Prince of Persia game for the SNES, the gameplay was like Castlevania but not scary and not as fun but I never got involved further than that with the franchise besides the movie. Like I said, 2010 was a huge movie year, possibly even more massive than 1996. I saw a ton of movies in 2010, around 30 movies the whole year at the show :o I kid you not, it was a very busy year for Me as there was a ton of good ones to see not to mention other events too. I've posted some of the movies already here with your topic PB :) Okay, here's another one that I saw around the time of The Prince of Persia, it was another Disney film called The Sorcerer's Apprentice starring Nicolas Cage :!:

It's a modern tale based from the French Symphonic Poem and Disney Segment of the original Fantasia of the same name :!: It's a also a real good one. The film is a Jerry Bruckheimer film who uses Cage a lot, I don't know if you noticed that which is kinda important to know especially if you follow Cage. Alfred Molina is in the film as well. The movie is made pretty well.

Trevor Rabin (of YES!) scores this one. He is Harry Gregson-Williams' musical partner, part of Hans Zimmer's guys and also is used a lot by Jerry Bruckheimer and loves his music in the movies. Again, if you follow Nicolas Cage, Bruckeimer and the composers used you'll see how their part of the same overall ensemble group, I've known this since way back and I hope there's people out that also knows this because it's really fun to do and listen to :) It's like oh this Cage movie that composer and that Nic Cage has this composer..it's so fun :) So Rabin does the music pretty good. It's not My fave score of his though, that one is 99's Deep Blue Sea. However, I love the fact that he incorporates Paul Dukas' Sorcerer's Apprentice theme from Fantasia. Dukas was one of the last classical composers. He wrote the Musical Poem in 1897 :o Here's this great cue, if you know Sorcerer's Apprentice's theme then immediately you'll be able to recognize this :)

Here's this one cue that Trevor Rabin composed as well :) It has your usual Media Venture sound like Con-Air, Armageddon, National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean etc...all by Trevor Rabin & Gregson-Williams and Zimmer & produced by Bruckheimer :!:

One day soon I'll spotlight Disney's Fantasia film because I'm very fond of that plus Fantasia 2000 as well :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions